Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Except for Dangerfield, that guy demolishes us every time. We didn't have Dunkley in 22' though, so fingers crossed he can nullify him a bit this time.

Hopefully it's a good contest. 22' was a pantsing, 14 scoring shots to 4 at HT.
Yeah we have 8 new players in the side since last time though one will probably be dropped for Stewart

Oh does a rebuild mean you have to be the youngest team in the league now? I always thought it was a period of high player turnover like Geelong is currently going through. I guess not, thanks for opening my eyes to what a rebuild definitely is.

Guys we have high player turnover but are still the second oldest list in the comp. Are you turning over your youth for 30 year olds again?

Yeah we have 8 new players in the side since last time though one will probably be dropped for Stewart
Had a quick look and we've got 7 that are different from 22', so about the same.

Dunkley, Ashcroft, Fletcher, Lester, Lohmann, Morris, McKenna.

The real loss for us since 22' is Kiddy Coleman due to his current injury otherwise I think we're more balanced on paper now. Especially in the midfield with Dunkley+Ashcroft.

Had a quick look and we've got 7 that are different from 22', so about the same.

Dunkley, Ashcroft, Fletcher, Lester, Lohmann, Morris, McKenna.

The real loss for us since 22' is Kiddy Coleman due to his current injury otherwise I think we're more balanced on paper now. Especially in the midfield with Dunkley+Ashcroft.
Coleman is a loss but Dunkley, Lohmann, Fletcher, and Ashcroft are pretty big ins.

I'm backing us but there's no outcome that would surprise me

Oh does a rebuild mean you have to be the youngest team in the league now? I always thought it was a period of high player turnover like Geelong is currently going through. I guess not, thanks for opening my eyes to what a rebuild definitely is.

Also, both teams likely to have 7 players different from the 2022 PF. Lions are rebuilding too that means!

So much respect for Geelong as a team. There’s a reason we haven’t beat them at the Cattery for two decades. Will be tricky beating them on a ground they play so well.

I’d ask for Geelong to just let us have this one after smoking us so much in prelims in the past. Unfortunately Brad Scott is brutal and won’t let us ever be happy.

Guys we have high player turnover but are still the second oldest list in the comp. Are you turning over your youth for 30 year olds again?

Also, both teams likely to have 7 players different from the 2022 PF. Lions are rebuilding too that means!
An awful lot of pressure on the Lions though, you'd hope they don't choke again

So much respect for Geelong as a team. There’s a reason we haven’t beat them at the Cattery for two decades. Will be tricky beating them on a ground they play so well.

I’d ask for Geelong to just let us have this one after smoking us so much in prelims in the past. Unfortunately Brad Scott is brutal and won’t let us ever be happy.
Brad Scott is the coach of North. Don Scott is our coach

Geez the Bris nuffies are coming out thick and fast.

Really looking forward to flogging the Lions in yet another prelim.

I think it’s probably better for the game if the cats let us have this one. I just want to see us win a grand final before I leave this earth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An awful lot of pressure on the Lions though, you'd hope they don't choke again

No pressure for the Lions, because we are rebuilding remember

^^

PSA to all our BrisVegas mates: Don't listen to a word he says.

He'll be tipping a 15 year rebuild if we happen to lose, and a 15 year dynasty if we happen to win.

The worst part is...he's not trolling, either.

The Lions haven't beaten Geelong in Victoria since the Preliminary Final in 2004, not that it makes much difference this week, but it's an interesting stat. I don't think the drought will be broken. Cats by 50 points.

Are you saying there is a hoodoo that the Lions need to break? Quickly someone ferry this information to grandpa fages. We love hoodoos!

I think it’s probably better for the game if the cats let us have this one. I just want to see us win a grand final before I leave this earth.

Where are you going BRAB?

I just said it was interesting stat, grandpa Fages won't give a stuff, but he's going to need all the help he can get this week...

sounds like a hoodoo. Thanks for the extra motivation

Kind of funny how both sets of fans are more confident this time around.

I gave us no chance in the 22' Prelim, as evident by the Cats performance the following week in the Grand Final, they were primed.

I give us more of a chance this year yet Cats fans are more confident than 22', intriguing.
Cats fans are confident in part because of 22. And amid all the doomsaying we’re reminded that we have 16 players that smashed Brisbane then Sydney only 24 months ago. Throw in rising stars Holmes, Humphries, Dempsey and Neale and solid recruits in Bruhn, Henry, Mannagh, Mullin and Bowes - our form line and age profile has us excited. That said as a collective I think we are of the opinion that if Brisbane bring their best and kick straight this game should be an absolute belter and close run thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back