Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Lions and Cats supporters be nice to one another? This isn’t a Richmond or Collingwood thread. Come on chaps.

We’re just feeling each other out with a few early week barbs. A few mental skirmishes across the ford factory wasteland if you will.

I’ve always said there’s no team I respect more than the Geelong cats. No one respects the cats more than me.

I went in to the 2022 prelim thinking we are a slight chance and that if we play really well and Geelong are a bit off that's our chance.

This time is different and whilst I'm not saying we will win but if we play well we can win

Guys we have high player turnover but are still the second oldest list in the comp. Are you turning over your youth for 30 year olds again?
Look out for our new 35 year olds compared to the 2022 prelim: Mannagh, Bowes, Bruhn, Dempsey, Henry, Neale and Humphries. Average age is high, as it has been since 2011. It's a magic trick.

It’s a choke is it- lose too Collingwood by under a kick at the MCG is a choke apparently, were we 40 points up at some stage. Or are all losses a ‘choke’.
2024 is the sixth season in a row the Lions have either made top 4 or made a prelim for zero flags so far, a number of chokes here including 2x straight sets exits. To not win a flag in this period would be a choke job mate, you know it, I know it, we all know it.

Guys guys gather round, the second oldest list in the comp is rebuilding. Does anything less than the oldest list in the league count as a full rebuild down at the mighty cattery?

Guys guys gather round, having some really old players at the top end of the age profile doesn’t impact on the average age at all when you have a significant group at the other end of it.

A high average age means that all your players are that age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 is the sixth season in a row the Lions have either made top 4 or made a prelim for zero flags so far, a number of chokes here including 2x straight sets exits. To not win a flag in this period would be a choke job mate, you know it, I know it, we all know it.
I think your definition of choke job needs re-imagining lmao. Ultra consistent team that has been to many prelims & a GF. Not easy too do on a repeated basis, such a team should be lauded not laughed at. Go laugh at North.

Maybe it's just a case of listening to trolls for 10 years when the Cats were in a similar position of multiple Prelim failures until finally breaking through in 2022. Don't become like them.

Yeah because they are so easy to win, so being ultra consistent and giving themselves a chance every year is the definition of a choke😂😂 so Geelong last year-choke? or does it only count if you make it? Jesus, wish we were shit so we didn’t choke.

Yeah because they are so easy to win, so being ultra consistent and giving themselves a chance every year is the definition of a choke😂😂 so Geelong last year-choke? or does it only count if you make it? Jesus, wish we were shit so we didn’t choke.
nah you're right Geelong is so shit they don't even get a chance to choke, I hope for your sake the Lions don't choke on Saturday night then, with Geelong being so shit and all. :$

Guys guys gather round, having some really old players at the top end of the age profile doesn’t impact on the average age at all when you have a significant group at the other end of it.

A high average age means that all your players are that age.

Every team has significant youth at one end. Quality rebuild/10.

Each team has 7 new players from the 2022 PF. So I guess we're all rebuilding.

Can’t answer the question so you change it. So were is the bit where i said cotton on was shit?
it's funny that we got to this point because you quoted something I replied to another poster and hyper-focused on one aspect of my reply (without any context) and now you're accusing me of deflecting :tearsofjoy: Enjoy your night champ :thumbsu:

it's funny that we got to this point because you quoted something I replied to another poster and hyper-focused on one aspect of my reply (without any context) and now you're accusing me of deflecting :tearsofjoy: Enjoy your night champ :thumbsu:
Champ- ha ha says it all really, good people call other people champ all the time.

Didnt get out of 1st gear, spent a large portion of the night jogging between contests applying next to no real pressure.
so Geelong only won because Port let them win? Certified BigFooty moment right here

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back