Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never said you were a bottom 6 side.
Stop listening to the uneducated, its clearly yours to lose now.
Im just worried that you arent finals match hardened like Brisbane are.

They've got a free throw at the stumps and will bring the heat from the opening minutes.
Who wants to miss a GF from a Brisbane hard tackle?
Has to enter players minds that you might end up limping over the line in this one.
This has got 2022 written all over it, Bris having a tough game the week before with
the emotion of getting up in a tight finish. In 2022 they already played their grand
final the week before the prelim, just as they did last week.

Both teams under pressure to win. To say one team is under more pressure than the other is just silly banter. There is a GF spot and possible premiership to play for….
I think the lions are the best team , so can get this done. However I like the more speedy cats game style and hoping they can reproduce that dare, speed, quick play on style and immense pressure that they showed against the power….
Should be a good one! No injuries or concussion to the winning team or losing team for that matter! Go cats!

Y'know, on purely numbers terms it shouldn't even be close.

Since round 9, Brisbane have only lost 3 times by an average of 11 points.
Since round 9, Geelong have lost 8 times by an average of 29 points.

And yet my eyes tell me something different. Even in the St Kilda game, Geelong looked lethal.

So I'm actually thinking we might win.

Maybe it's just because I can't think of a Geelong player who is carrying an injury or who isn't in ripping form right now.

I do get a chuckle out of this as I wasn't totally aware this was a thing until a few years back. It's funny when Vic's cry about people yelling ball but when you watch any game from any state on TV all fans do the same.

Who are the broncos anyway?
Just a bunch of Ponnies. Go Storm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting but ultimately meaningless stat time

None of the 4 prelim final teams have a positive record in finals over the last decade.
2015-2024 incl

Port 3-6
Geelong 10-10
Brisbane 7-7
Sydney 6-9

I think the only way to get a positive ledger is to win the premiership or make a prelim from outside Top 4. It's a pretty constrained metric.

Top 4 wins premiership
www: 100%
Lwww: 75%

Top 4 doesn't win it
Wl: 50%
Lwl: 25%

Bottom 4 wins premiership:
Wwww: 100%

Bottom 4 loses premiership:
WwwL: 75%
WwL: 67%
Wl: 50%
L: 0%

Given Brisbanes appalling MCG record, if Geelong lose this it’ll be the biggest finals choke since Port Adelaide 2002-2003.

Bro what? We weren’t even predicted to make the 8 lol

All the pressure is on Brisbane and their Rolls Royce midfield to get it done, if the Cats lose it’ll be “oh well, no one had them top 4 anyway”

If Lions lose, it’s going to be another loss to Geelong in a Prelim and the knives will come out left, right and centre for Fagan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back