Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 36.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 54 24.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well...better to "fall in" and win then lose altogether isn't it.

I mean, Geelong completely self destructed and pressed the panic button and lost to a team in a Preliminary Final who has an absolute horrendous and horrific record at the MCG...
Geelong weren’t meant to make finals, we were meant to be down with the tigs bruv

Is that what kicks the ball?
The Cats chose this option against the Brisbane Lions. Oh well, it happens in games sometimes including finals.

Warning Top Secret GIF by Laff

Where did Geelong hurt you?
07, 09, 11, 20, 22.

I reserve the right to bask in as much schadenfreude as will suffice my emptiness bestowed upon me by your Club. .

I have to say Brisbane were genuinely brilliant. Thought they'd fall apart after Oz went down but they kept on truckin'. Lohmann is a superstar. Andrews brilliant as always. Thought we'd get over them but we just couldn't stay composed

Hope brissy go all the way this year
Very classy of you. Well done. Geelong certainly didn't lose any admirers today. They played a great game.

It means a hell of a lot. They self destructed. It happens. Happens to all teams at times.

So you’re telling the world that Brisbane had no control over the result and the venue should have determined it because things.

So the tigers with their 60 per cent win record at the mcg over the last 11 seasons choked every game that they lost there this year or did they just lose there because the other team was way too good sometimes?

Was at the game and not looking at the stats sheet, and was astounded Neale had 30 something possessions.

Lohmann the most influential player on the ground, and a couple of massive moments from Rayner late in the last.

Classic Preliminary Final.
Won a lot of contests and fed the ball to the runners, played a solid game without being dominant. Was the most impressive thing for me about Brisbane's win, the number of players that contributed without being dominant. First time I've seen Ashcroft live and was very impressed with his game, same as Lohmann if he can learn to finish his chances better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are pre season predictions, oh well, you will have some excuse not to justify these so I will just ignore
Essendon always predicted to do well pre-season. How does that pan out every year. Seriously mate you could get nearly any side finishing anywhere type pre-season predictions in February. It seriously means less than nothing what random predictions are made before the season starts. I'm sure most had us finishing top 4 early this year

Essendon always predicted to do well pre-season. How does that pan out every year. Seriously mate you could get nearly any side finishing anywhere type pre-season predictions in February. It seriously means less than nothing what random predictions are made before the season starts. I'm sure most had us finishing top 4 early this year
You literally said no one picked Geelong bottom 4 and I showed some people……. Oh well, most didn’t have you guys bottom 4 and you spooned so well done, pretty ballzy bagging top 4 sides after your year so I do commend that.

This was a very fine line game. Lions talent stood out but Geelong were amazing in their own right, make no mistake.

I'm always confused at people who make grandiose statements after a match where the line, the difference, is measured by centimetres and milliseconds, which manifests in unique displays of talent executed at just the right moment.
Grandiose statements? ……… really??
I went to the game tonight expecting the cats to win, did they put up a good fight? ….. yes, but were ultimately beaten by a team more hungry and less weary.
Signs of age, wear and tear, hunger and youth were on full display after 1/2 time ……. Not grandiose at all

You literally said no one picked Geelong bottom 4 and I showed some people……. Oh well, most didn’t have you guys bottom 4 and you spooned so well done, pretty ballzy bagging top 4 sides after your year so I do commend that.
Neither of our sides are gunna win the flag this year so I guess those pre-season predictions mean jack shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back