Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 36.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 54 24.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geewizz. Projecting?

He's speaking off the cuff, trying to speak at length, whilst not over reacting in either direction. He's in control, which can be frustrating and annoying for folk who are less in control.

I really respect the amount of passive aggression you were able to insert into a 3-sentence post responding to someone’s response to Scott’s passive aggressive response…it’s so meta that I feel like I’m in The Matrix or something 👏

I think the greater challenge in list management is still ahead of us though.

I think the midfield of a team is like the lead singer of a band. You can change the drummer, you can change the guitarists, but it's still the same band. You change the vocalist though it's a different band.

Right now we're half way through changing the vocalists, so it's going to sound rough around the edges while we get some practice in.

Can't agree sorry. The Stones stupidly let Mick Taylor go, Ronnie Wood came in, and it's never been close to the same band.

You have to consider that many Vic teams are rivals to each other, so a lot of us Vic team supporting fans are happy to see no other Vic team in it when our own isn't there.

Exactly this. In quite a number of Grand finals where it was a Victorian team (not Geelong) vs an interstate one, I was mostly on the side of the interstate teams. Sole exceptions would have been 2016, 2017, and 2019 where family reasons meant I was solidly on the Dogs and Richmond.

Exactly this. In quite a number of Grand finals where it was a Victorian team (not Geelong) vs an interstate one, I was mostly on the side of the interstate teams. Sole exceptions would have been 2016, 2017, and 2019 where family reasons meant I was solidly on the Dogs and Richmond.
I actually bought Freo and Sydney jumpers in 2013 and 2014 just to annoy my Hawthorn mates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It hurts you doesn't it? Watson is already better than Dempsey and he's two years younger.

I'd back in Dempsey being more versatile and having a longer career as he can play multiple positions in any ever increasing positionless game.
He's a running machine, covers more ground than pretty much any player in the comp.
Guys like that will always have a place in the League and long careers.

Small forwards generally rely on the source being good.
If the source is poor his output will most likely decrease, it's not like they can move him into the midfield or half back to win some footy.

Brisbane lost their ruckman early in the third and we're talking about Geelongs issues?
Just on big O going down I wonder in a weird way whether it meant Joey D not being in the fwd line led to less bombing it in by the Lions mids.

Danihers actually building up a strong record as a big game finals player with some good performances over last couple of years

Just on big O going down I wonder in a weird way whether it meant Joey D not being in the fwd line led to less bombing it in by the Lions mids.

Danihers actually building up a strong record as a big game finals player with some good performances over last couple of years

when it happened i actually thought it would work in their favor

forced an in-form daniher into the middle and forced them to re-evaluate their forward line

also reduced the height of the team at a point in the game where fatigue was setting in

He was the one that nearly got them over the line against us last year. Destroyed Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back