Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sun March 31st 4pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Swans be trusted at the MCG?
The precision kicking game has a risk - the bigger the spread, the more chance of an intercept.

If a team is really ‘hot’ at the man/woman, using this weakness, the game plan can be dismantled.

The Swans need to work on pressure football - it won’t always be a carnival.

Past 5 MCG games between Richmond and Sydney - winning margin has been:

Richmond by 5 points - 2024
Richmond by 13 points - 2023
Sydney by 45 points - 2021
Sydney by 9 points - 2017
Richmond by 1 Point- 2016

Average margin: 14.6 points.

Close games in 4 out of 5 encounters.

Just finished the replay, wow terrific game. That pressure from the Tigers was like 2017 Richmond. We were swarming the ball and tackling hard in numbers, amazing to see.

The Swans are elite and will be fine, but it's so good to see our kids visibly getting better each week.

That'll be a highlight for us at the end of the year.

Just aside from everything else, in a tense game, having Matt Hill commentating was a blessing. Having BT doing his usual thing or JBs, ''ooooh, hooooooooo, huuuuuuge from the boy from private school' throughout this would have been next-level torture.
Deserves to be in the prime time. I think it is next year that you can choose commentary on Kayo and if he is there for the Friday or Saturday nights; I know where my earballs will be tuned into

Not sure if I have this right, but Sydney seem just one gun key forward away from having the complete jigsaw puzzle.
Amartey and McDonald are huge talents, but can they be that huge key forward?

30 odd and 40 odd games respectively so a bit early. But yeah they seem like each player has the missing pieces of the other to make a complete key forward.

Thought the Tiger defenders did pretty well on them, and I noticed that Balta played forward and ruck all game so Yza has some level of trust in those guys.

Can’t take anything away from the Tigers either. Margin flattered us in the end. Good game and well played.
I don't know how to respond to the graciousness of Swans fans in this threasd. A part of me (a bad part of me) sees it as a passive aggressive insult. I find myself trying to find reasons to hate the Swans (not a problem with Carlton or Collingwood). All I can come up with is the game I took my then 4 year old son to (he's now 22). We were late getting a park at Etihad (or whatever it was called circa 2005). By the time we took our seats, half way through the first quarter, the Swans had scored multiple goals. We has a backline full of debutants, and Barry Hall played with them like a cat with a group of blind mice. My son offered the opinion, based on the advice of his Vietnamese/Chinese Mum (who wasn't present) that thn reason the Swans were winning was because they ate all their meals. That's why they were bigger.

Just finished the replay, wow terrific game. That pressure from the Tigers was like 2017 Richmond. We were swarming the ball and tackling hard in numbers, amazing to see.

The Swans are elite and will be fine, but it's so good to see our kids visibly getting better each week.

That'll be a highlight for us at the end of the year.
Qtr 3 espesh was magic pressure, quick tacklers everywhere, mostly good disposal, confidence growing, could really smell it even on the telly.

Bad news about Lynch, that'll leave a huge hole.

Very good performance.

30 odd and 40 odd games respectively so a bit early. But yeah they seem like each player has the missing pieces of the other to make a complete key forward.

Thought the Tiger defenders did pretty well on them, and I noticed that Balta played forward and ruck all game so Yza has some level of trust in those guys.
Neglected to mention Blakey as well.
Clearly there is some talent there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how to respond to the graciousness of Swans fans in this threasd. A part of me (a bad part of me) sees it as a passive aggressive insult. I find myself trying to find reasons to hate the Swans (not a problem with Carlton or Collingwood). All I can come up with is the game I took my then 4 year old son to (he's now 22). We were late getting a park at Etihad (or whatever it was called circa 2005). By the time we took our seats, half way through the first quarter, the Swans had scored multiple goals. We has a backline full of debutants, and Barry Hall played with them like a cat with a group of blind mice. My son offered the opinion, based on the advice of his Vietnamese/Chinese Mum (who wasn't present) that thn reason the Swans were winning was because they ate all their meals. That's why they were bigger.
It’s been a bloody refreshing read to be honest.
Absolute kudos swannies.

Qtr 3 espesh was magic pressure, quick tacklers everywhere, mostly good disposal, confidence growing, could really smell it even on the telly.

Bad news about Lynch, that'll leave a huge hole.

Very good performance.
We'll struggle massively without Lynch, he's such a presence and yeh won't win many without him.

But that's for another day, that's as much as I've enjoyed a win in years, big underdogs coming in and it was won through pressure and team commitment, against let's face it a far more talented side.

We'll struggle massively without Lynch, he's such a presence and yeh won't win many without him.

But that's for another day, that's as much as I've enjoyed a win in years, big underdogs coming in and it was won through pressure and team commitment, against let's face it a far more talented side.

Settles the Balta down back debate. He needs to stay forward now.

The precision kicking game has a risk - the bigger the spread, the more chance of an intercept.

If a team is really ‘hot’ at the man/woman, using this weakness, the game plan can be dismantled.

The Swans need to work on pressure football - it won’t always be a carnival.
I appreciate your analysis, I was trolling as a fellow interstate team who cops the same question despite it being largely irrelevant.

Swans are fine, off day.

Was at this game, Tigers were a bit haphazard but they pretty much stopped Sydney from playing the Sydney game style.

Tigers young defenders held up pretty well.
We just have to make sure we keep Tom Brown from wanting to head down the road to your mob and play for the club his dad did. Kid has a great kick and has come good composure and I hope he sticks around.

Richmond 0-4

Tiger fans pulling the injury excuses already :$
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Baker 2 weeks careless high impact high contact (which should have been the same as Wright)
Minus good bloke tax and media darling = fine
High Impact? He got straight up, no concussion test, not even any treatment.

Should be careless, high contact, low impact. A fine. Could've been a lot worse, lucky he's a midget.

Quite a few empty seats. I thought tigers fans always turned up?
Ahh, we were 0-3, sh!tload of injuries, playing the most inform team in the comp, most fans thinking we have no chance and playing on Easter Sunday 4pm where alot of families go away, geez i wonder why? Don't worry about our crowds, worry about your p!ssant team, no more honey moon period for Sammy and the poos & wees.

You don't expect the fans to drink the bathwater even more than the fans.

Sydney showed f all respect to Richmond and got outworked, outrun and deserved to get done by a bit more really. Played in patches and lacked the hunger and desperation of the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sun March 31st 4pm AEDT (MCG)

Back