Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane, Pies and Port will most likely miss in my opinion. None of them have had a convincing start and Brisbane look like they are already done.

There will be a few surprises in the 8 in my opinion. Melbourne, Carlton, GWS, Sydney look almost guaranteed to make it. Saints playing well and Geelong should make it as well.. I would also not count out Essendon if they actually play well the whole season. Interesting season we have ahead.
That's some weird take. Essendon were barely in the game against the Swans, and were far from convincing against Hawthorn.

Saints couldn't get up against Essendon.

Swans are a shoe-in a week after failing to beat Richmond in Melbourne... Something that Port did successfully, but Port haven't been convincing.

Unless it’s Geelong, in which case he will death ride that Geelong are s**t right up until they lift the cup.
Was gonna say, he pretty much ignored us the majority of 2022.
Until about Qualifying Final where his precious stats said number 1 in attack and defence, number 1 in transition.

He simply couldn't ignore it anymore.

Just right back on the hate starting 0-3 in 2023.
Laughed us off being a Finals team in 2024.

**** you, you plump sausage looking clown! lol

Liked that snippet of the Nicks press conference. Called it like it is - players down on form, selection needs looked at, but main thing was incredibly poor decision making and execution.

I don’t think Adelaide are a flag threat but they should be better than that abject offensive performance. They’re likely out of the finals race but it’ll be interesting to see how they go later in the year.

Liked that snippet of the Nicks press conference. Called it like it is - players down on form, selection needs looked at, but main thing was incredibly poor decision making and execution.

I don’t think Adelaide are a flag threat but they should be better than that abject offensive performance. They’re likely out of the finals race but it’ll be interesting to see how they go later in the year.
He should be blaming himself and resigning from the job for his abysmal coaching and handicapping our attacking spirit of our players for our loss.

Vic teams have won 11 from last 12 so unfortunately he will get it right most of the time.

But hey hopefully it's Swans/Freo/GWS fighting it out.

I'm not sold on your fwd line yet though. A bit iffy.
You're right, that can't be helping the Vic bias and it probably won't change until the best 4 sides are ALL interstate teams. Or at least the top 2. That happened in 2020 and well...choking occurred come finals time.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...
Playing away from home on a five day break, after being stuck in South Australia for a week. Not really comparable to Freo beating Adelaide at home.

I don't know how Reilly O'Brien escapes criticism. He wins lots of hitouta but very few to advantage and offers absolutely nothing around the ground. The best use of him seems to be trying to negate the influence of the opposition ruckman which is fine if you're not supposed to be the best ruck on the list.
He escapes criticism?

Crows fans think he’s a dud and no one outside the club rates him

I think Walker got them over the line in a few close ones last year which flattered them. That and the bad goal umpire call gave a perception they were a "finals" side.

Walker has now fallen off a cliff and we are seeing the real Crows for what they actually are.

SPOT ON!

That is why I picked Adelaide to finish 12th this year. I know our habits.

I think Walker got them over the line in a few close ones last year which flattered them. That and the bad goal umpire call gave a perception they were a "finals" side.

Walker has now fallen off a cliff and we are seeing the real Crows for what they actually are.

This is rubbish, Adelaide 1-5 in games under goal last year, so he’s hardly dragging us over line.

It’s another made up claim like saying the crows had a soft draw last when they had more games against the best teams than any other club.

If you genuinely believe the difference between this year and last year is purely down to Tex, than you either didn’t watch us play or don’t understand how the game works.
The entire structure/game style has changed and turned to shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPOT ON!

That is why I picked Adelaide to finish 12th this year. I know our habits.
Most people (including me) just saw the 11 wins, a % of 116, and the bad goal umpire call and then concluded they were a good side on the brink of finals.

But you take out Walker's 76 goals, which was really a personal miracle, and then you go back to maybe a 7 win side.

There is no real direction after five years of Nicks.

This is rubbish, Adelaide 1-5 in games under goal last year, so he’s hardly dragging us over line.

It’s another made up claim like saying the crows had a soft draw last when they had more games against the best teams than any other club.

If you genuinely believe the difference between this year and last year is purely down to Tex, than you either didn’t watch us play or don’t understand how the game works.
Absolutely didn't watch you last year.

Watched you this year 3 times and won't be watching again.

Absolute garbage.

Fox footy votes

3 - Rankine
2 - Walker
1- Pickett

Just mind-boggling. None of those three would be in the best 12 on the field.
Surely not? Do these clowns bother watching the game or too busy scarfing down party pies and chucking on multis?

Nicks is part of the problem but certainly not the full picture.
Take a look at our recruiting over the last 6 years and you may start to get some idea of why our list is where it is.
We have about 8-10 AFL standard players.

But we also have:

Chayce Jones
Sam Berry
Lachy Murphy
Ben Keays
Ned McHenry
Lachy Scholl
Patrick Parnell
and others.....

Our list will not be winning us anything in its current form. Bar Dawson, there is a clear lack of elite runners and skills in our midfield.

This is on Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid. The worst recruiting duo in the AFL for the last 5 years +

Adelaide all of a sudden look so much less skilled and their running patterns are messed up.

So they're getting stuck with a lack of options and this in turn isn't helping their questionable decision makers with ball in hand.

It looks a bit like Geelong last year running out of ideas and playing stodgy football that opposition have no trouble with.

Jake Soligo is the best player in Adelaide. Yes Port fans, in Adelaide.

He will win 3x Brownlows minimum. Guy is a superstar.

Oh dear, what a delusional comment. Love Soligo.
But he's not a patch on Rozee, Butters,Horne-Francis.
He's a midget for a start.
You've got no idea.

Genuine question- how did you rate Nicks’ last season?

I honestly don’t know what is different with Adelaide’s gameplan but it can’t be that hard to revert back to what it was.

Back