Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mean this as a troll. But seriously, Adelaide are perhaps the dumbest team I've ever seen in my four decades following the game.

Tonight at least, I’d agree with that. Any time they could make the wrong decision they did. Baffling lack of composure considering they were at home.

I’m not sure they have any players with decent footy IQ beyond Dawson and Rankine, and the latter still has rushes of blood. They gave that game away tonight.

He’s got form for it. Speaking of postcodes, his last one he was in the stratosphere… and yet here he is again, doing the same thing… For a player of a club that takes this so seriously, I’d expect an internal club ban. I’m sure Shaun smith will also call it out? Just calling out the clear hypocrisy that exists with your club
Always really keen to look at other clubs aren't you. Look at your own backyard first.

Imagine Dawson being your best player.
To be fair, Dawson is a star. He's being wasted by the Crows at present in a completely dysfunctional midfield. They need to get one of Crouch or Laird out of his away. Both of them are slow and not at all damaging with the football. Dawson is also slow, so they can't carry all 3 of them, but he's at least an elite user when he's at his best.

Or if they're going to move him out of the midfield like they have been (which shows no awareness of their actual issues), he should be playing off half back.

Tonight at least, I’d agree with that. Any time they could make the wrong decision they did. Baffling lack of composure considering they were at home.

I’m not sure they have any players with decent footy IQ beyond Dawson and Rankine, and the latter still has rushes of blood. They gave that game away tonight.
Wasn't just tonight though. Has been every game this year and most of last year.

Bet the 19-9 Adelaide got against Geelong 2 weeks ago
Yep Adelaide so bad not even the umps can get them over the line.

The Crows are just an awful watch at the moment. Don't blame their supporters for being frustrated
I was completely indifferent to the result tonight and still found it infuriating to watch.

Midfield and forward line completely dysfunctional. I thought their defence held up alright given the speed of Melbourne's attack at times and the inability of their midfield to slow it. Keane was very impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a shit first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...

I’d say Melbourne are better than GWS. Won’t know until they go head to head anyway.

Geelong, Freo and Gold Coast are all Top 8 quality sides. Nothing bad about losing to those teams.

If Geelong, Freo and GC all make the eight that’ll be startling. That means three of Carlton, Melb, GWS, Sydney, Pies, Port, Saints and Brisbane are missing. Not one or two of that group, but three of them.

I know that’s not exactly what you’re saying, but going 0-4 against potential finals sides is still atrocious. Kicking an average of less than 60 points a game is also a massive concern. They’re done.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...

I know what angle you are trying for..

But reality is that neither Melbourne or Fremantle are any good.

I was completely indifferent to the result tonight and still found it infuriating to watch.

Midfield and forward line completely dysfunctional. I thought their defence held up alright given the speed of Melbourne's attack at times and the inability of their midfield to slow it. Keane was very impressive.
Yep agreed. Plenty more teams will lose to Melbourne this year but the way they went about it was just rancid.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...
Dees being recent premiers compared to Freo ?

Umm ok.

So this is about Freo and U not feeling loved?

Weird take on a melb v crows game...

If Geelong, Freo and GC all make the eight that’ll be startling. That means three of Carlton, Melb, GWS, Sydney, Pies, Port, Saints and Brisbane are missing. Not one or two of that group, but three of them.

I know that’s not exactly what you’re saying, but going 0-4 against potential finals sides is still atrocious. Kicking an average of less than 60 points a game is also a massive concern. They’re done.

Brisbane, Pies and Port will most likely miss in my opinion. None of them have had a convincing start and Brisbane look like they are already done.

There will be a few surprises in the 8 in my opinion. Melbourne, Carlton, GWS, Sydney look almost guaranteed to make it. Saints playing well and Geelong should make it as well.. I would also not count out Essendon if they actually play well the whole season. Interesting season we have ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Back