Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox footy votes

3 - Rankine
2 - Walker
1- Pickett

Just mind-boggling. None of those three would be in the best 12 on the field.
Joking right ?
He was shite

What about Soligo ?
Only thing good about that game tonight

Not sure what Melbourne fans see in Petty.
He's like Levi Casboult but a little worse.
He didn't have a good game tonight. But he's our best defender (outside May). He's better than Lever and he's a decent forward. Still learning his craft. Not everyone can have a Hawkins and Cameron but in terms of versatility I'd say only Naughton has as much flexibility as Petty. Very good at both ends.

Genuine question- how did you rate Nicks’ last season?

I honestly don’t know what is different with Adelaide’s gameplan but it can’t be that hard to revert back to what it was.

We lost Rahilly, who was an our forwards coach (and apparently ball movement).

I think he papered over the cracks on Nicks game plan.

Scott Burns has moved from defence to forward line. He sucked as the defensive coach and is even worse up forward. He’s also our senior assistant so probably has a big say on how we play.

The club needs to remove him and Nicks as soon as possible

Seems like everyone is a fool but you are weally weally smart

And you have a lot opinions on teams when you admit you don’t watch them.

Not sure why my comment is controversial to you , there is nothing that says the free kick count should be even.

I’ve seen very few dees fans actually talk about specific umpire decisions instead of the count, why is that ?

So you admit you don’t know what your talking about.

Good to know
Your teams rubbish brah

So many tipped crows for finals this year (and majority of crows supporters like yourself too)and subsequently were patting nicks on the back for his “attacking style” aka David king etc… lolol

Really was a pre season “vibe” going round that crows were the next big thing but any mug punter could see they relied on tex having a career year to shield their terrible midfield and even worse defence

I can understand why the Adelaide thread might have been deleted/removed from the main board, but I felt like there were relevant discussions to be made.

Adelaide has a serious issue that stems from either coaching/development or both. The vast majority of the best players for Adelaide are the seasoned players.

Raechele, Mchenry, and Rankine are simply not performing, neither is Jones and the rest of their youth. Apologies if Rachele has had a late start to pre season but how is he going backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your teams rubbish brah

So many tipped crows for finals this year (and majority of crows supporters like yourself too)and subsequently were patting nicks on the back for his “attacking style” aka David king etc… lolol

Really was a pre season “vibe” going round that crows were the next big thing but any mug punter could see they relied on tex having a career year to shield their terrible midfield and even worse defence
Some of us have wanted Nicks gone for years.

Unfortunately we get told to go support Port if we aren't happy by the apricot slice brigade.

Adelaide are in a tough spot. Some real talented young kids mixed with some senior players with runs on the board who are possibly holding them back. I also think there might be a few misses amongst the young players, but I don't know them well enough.

You can't just drop ROB, Smith, Laird etc all in one go which is the problem

Your teams rubbish brah

lol you seem so personally offended that media don’t rate freo but please save your breath for someone who cares.

As for Crows, you’ve just made a bunch of stuff up. In this thread I’ve already said I don’t he’s any good and was helped by Rahilly

lots of fans have questioned whether he can take the next step. And many have criticised him so far.’

Your comment in Tex is bewildering and makes absolutely no sense. Tex being cooked/out of form does not magically make 16 of his teammates go backwards simultaneously.

Did he play tonight?
Weird that you didn't watch the game but cool

Oh dear, what a delusional comment. Love Soligo.
But he's not a patch on Rozee, Butters,Horne-Francis.
He's a midget for a start.
You've got no idea.

Elite decision making skills, hands and the disposal developing just fine. Has unbelievable vision.
Sorry if I don't put much value in someone who can only come up with midget as a deficiency.

Keep in mind that Adelaide are the 5th youngest and 4th least experienced team in 2024. They're really not that far above the bottom 3 in terms of age and experience.

I think it can be seen that 2023 was an over-achievement, and they've now reverted to the mean for a younger less-experienced team.

Plus who knows - at the end of the season, an opening 4 rounds of Gold Coast in Qld, Geelong, Freo in Perth, and Melbourne might be seen as a "very tough run".

So I wouldn't be writing them off as a bunch of useless hacks yet.

Your teams rubbish brah

I have to admit I got sucked in and so did 90% of people.

They had some genuinely great performances last year and had plenty of young players who were likely to improve.

But their defence has copped some knocks and the midfield and forward mixes are just not working.

A year down for them and Freo up are two of the obvious league sliders.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...

Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Crows benefitted from some serious support from various sources in the last Q combined with Melbourne on its last legs after a 5 day break. I didn't really care how we got out of there as long as we took the 4 points. If Melbourne hadn't tired it would've stayed at about 5 goal gap which is probably as accurate margin for where these two teams are at the moment.

Much improved effort from the Crows though and I was surprised at Nicks' presser, I would've thought he'd have been more buoyed by their effort and intensity which was there for most of the 4 quarters. Dees just got them on efficiency, and some critical one on one wins.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...
Main reason for it is Melbourne is predictable in its style and are a lot more reliable. Yes we got knocked out in straight sets but it was 8 points cumulative across the two losses and we really beat ourselves. We had the smallest margin to make up to be at the top of the tree.

I am very impressed with Freo's start, you know how to win very ugly and the midfield is unheralded imo. Very good midfield. Which know how to take down the Demons. I do have huge concerns about Freo carrying form through the season with the injury list. They're a couple more injuries away from being undersized and undermanned in critical areas of the ground.

If they beat Carlton, I think the AFL world will start to take more notice. Looking forward to that game.

What even is this?

Only fools focus on the count without specific examples
True that - one of my biggest gripes. But anyone suggesting the umps didn't contribute to the wave to get the crows excited in the last Q is absolutely kidding themselves. At one point 3 frees in a row to get the crows one goal. Just stopped short of kicking it for you.

Back