Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Baffles me that the Adeliade supporters boo louder than when they cheered for goals last night especially considering how one sided the umpiring was.
Atmosphere at ground sucked because it just felt toxic, Port crowd may be feral but at last they know their football.
Had a couple crows fans behind us in the Melbourne bays on level 3 referring to the "refs" all night...

One would have thought the Crows performance was acceptable and much improved, lost by a small margin to an excellent team and serious top 4 contender in 2024.
Long and unpredictable season ahead, any team will be hampered and tested without their best men on the park.

I can understand why the Adelaide thread might have been deleted/removed from the main board, but I felt like there were relevant discussions to be made.

Adelaide has a serious issue that stems from either coaching/development or both. The vast majority of the best players for Adelaide are the seasoned players.

Raechele, Mchenry, and Rankine are simply not performing, neither is Jones and the rest of their youth. Apologies if Rachele has had a late start to pre season but how is he going backwards.
Raechele and Rankine are both extremely attacking and relatively young players. They both have a tendency to go for the all or nothing option. These types of players are generally more affected by team and individual loss of form / confidence than other players. There actions also tend to stand out more.

When things are going well and they're playing with confidence as are the players around them, more of those all or nothing options come off. They also have more options with the ball so probably take as many of the lower percentage options and their mistakes get glossed over more.

True that - one of my biggest gripes. But anyone suggesting the umps didn't contribute to the wave to get the crows excited in the last Q is absolutely kidding themselves. At one point 3 frees in a row to get the crows one goal. Just stopped short of kicking it for you.
which ones weren't there?

He escapes criticism?

Crows fans think he’s a dud and no one outside the club rates him
Yes, but I wouldn't say that ruck is generally spoken about as a problem area for the Crows, yet ROB is exceedingly average in every facet of the game except hitouts (which is effectively meaningless when your hitouts to advantage numbers are also low).

Doesn't surprise me that the Crows fans are onto it, but outside of that, I don't see his name come up much when people talk about the slow Crows midfield and broader issues with the list.

Seems like there's very little pressure on him for his spot in the 22 despite him offering bugger all. 4 marks in total for the year is an especially damning stat.

I think moving Rachele into the mids more would be a good move. Seems too often to be playing for himself in the forward line, exemplified by that one passage of play in the last quarter last night when he got in Walker's way then had the shot from 60m. Rankine has at least generally been trying to do the team thing this year from what I've seen, and it'd therefore probably be more effective to leave him there with bursts through the mids.

Yes, but I wouldn't say that ruck is generally spoken about as a problem area for the Crows, yet ROB is exceedingly average in every facet of the game except hitouts (which is effectively meaningless when your hitouts to advantage numbers are also low).

Doesn't surprise me that the Crows fans are onto it, but outside of that, I don't see his name come up much when people talk about the slow Crows midfield and broader issues with the list.

Seems like there's very little pressure on him for his spot in the 22 despite him offering bugger all. 4 marks in total for the year is an especially damning stat.
might be because theres no way to fix it.

you're right that very little pressure from our other rucks, because we don't have any except Strachan who is a break glass type.

might be because theres no way to fix it.

you're right that very little pressure from our other rucks, because we don't have any except Strachan who is a break glass type.
That's sort of my point though. It's a list management issue that there's seemingly been no attempt to fix. I'm surprised you guys didn't target Grundy, Soldo, Meek, Sweet etc last year (tbf you might have and I could have missed it).

That's sort of my point though. It's a list management issue that there's seemingly been no attempt to fix. I'm surprised you guys didn't target Grundy, Soldo, Meek, Sweet etc last year (tbf you might have and I could have missed it).
i think obrien gets seen as being good enough for now, also a bit of sunk cost fallacy happening.

he got a decent contract after having couple of good but been crap ever since.

most fans are desperate for us trade in one the young SA rucks that have been drafted recently. at least as a long term replacement.

Weird that you didn't watch the game but cool

Elite decision making skills, hands and the disposal developing just fine. Has unbelievable vision.
Sorry if I don't put much value in someone who can only come up with midget as a deficiency.

Lol. Burst speed, ability to break lines, ability to kick over 35-40 metres, are 2 massive flag-winning factors in premiership midfields.
The 3 port players can all do that. Soligo can't. Again - you've got NO IDEA saying he's the best player in Adelaide.
Have a look at Port's win over Essendon - a close look - you'd be the only person in. Australia saying Soligo is better than any of those 3, let alone all of them. He's going to be very good. But he'll never be as good as any of those 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Back