Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It almost certainly is down in part to coaching, but I can't get over my "Adelaide are dumb" theory. There are players whose instincts are just all wrong.

Usually, when a player makes a mistake you can at least see what they were trying to do. With too many Crows players, they're running the wrong way, ignoring the obvious target or so desperate to do the one thing they're really good at (i.e. Dawson's long kicking) that they never do the obvious.

David King is a dick. He just claims the latest Victorian win = "they will be in the GF. Eventually he will get it right.
Unless it’s Geelong, in which case he will death ride that Geelong are shit right up until they lift the cup.

Melbourne has a bad first quarter and beat Adelaide by less than Freo did, and are also 2 games ahead of a lot of teams. Commentators after Freo's win "Freo has to stop having these bad starts". Melbourne has a s**t first half and beat Adelaide by less, "Melbourne are now serious Grand Final contenders"...

Such a bizarre whinge. Who really gives a shit what the commentators say? It's pretty well established that most of them are morons.

I don't know how Reilly O'Brien escapes criticism. He wins lots of hitouta but very few to advantage and offers absolutely nothing around the ground. The best use of him seems to be trying to negate the influence of the opposition ruckman which is fine if you're not supposed to be the best ruck on the list.

It almost certainly is down in part to coaching, but I can't get over my "Adelaide are dumb" theory. There are players whose instincts are just all wrong.

Usually, when a player makes a mistake you can at least see what they were trying to do. With too many Crows players, they're running the wrong way, ignoring the obvious target or so desperate to do the one thing they're really good at (i.e. Dawson's long kicking) that they never do the obvious.
They tend to turn into trouble and tie themselves up in knots just overthinking it.

Wasn't just tonight though. Has been every game this year and most of last year.

I’m with you tbh. I wasn’t convinced by last year, I know it’s easy to say it now but the draw was kind and the scoring power masked some issues.

I know this isn’t an exact science, but when you look at an opposition team you wonder how many of their team would make it into a 44/46 man list made up of the whole comp. I’m not sure anyone but Dawson makes it from the Crows. They don’t have any other top level players imo, although Rankine has potential and Laird is a very consistent presence.

Anyway, 0-4 after two home games (and two away games against non-finalists from the previous year) is about as bad as it gets. I know they haven’t played WC, Hawks or North yet but they have to beat teams around them and they haven’t. I’d be shocked if they made finals from here, they can barely kick 60 points a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, comparing the media's reaction after the Adelaide game last week compared to this week
Fremantle at home, Melbourne on the road.

Back