Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

they didn't dish it out. They literally criticised Ginnivan for his comments during the week. but that doesn't fit your tin foil hat conspiracy theory that ex players will jeopardise their media careers because they feel loyalty to a bunch of players they've never played with....
Mitchell didn't pretend to be injecting himself to the essendon players way back when?

As long as you're consistent. No Buckley for Collingwood games. No Gary Lyon for Melbourne games. No Jordan lewis for Hawks or Melbourne. No Andy Maher for Carlton. No Eddy for Pies. No Nathan Brown for Dogs and Rich. No Luke Darcy for Dogs. No Tim Watson for Ess. No Dale Thomas for Collingwood or Carlton. No Selwood for Geelong. No Brian Taylor for Pies games.

The fact that you think a media personality can't be impartial is garbage.

Hodge is a brainfart? even though he has played the game for 15 years, has flags and been one of the best leaders of the decade.

Honestly, that's such a dumb comment.

Because a player played a certain way doesn't mean they condone it. That's like saying Barry Hall can't tell players that they shouldn't king hit guys off the ball because he did it himself. I honestly I can't deal with this low level of reasoning.
I think you should concentrate on your own poor excuse for a Football team, I hope Petracca sues the club after he retires down the track. Poor Football club.

Hodge is a tool, you dont have to agree, but dont attack the man in these sort of threads (which is the Dumb thing) if you dont like those you like being criticised. He is the last bloke to criticise Hinkley.

Im actually a fan of what ken did.

The Hawks embrace that cheeky/disrespectful style and they have to cope it on the way back
I was never one to disrespect opposition in all the sports I played but if they want to bring it on, then I would give it back in spades.
that's they way us old blokes roll.
Good on ya Ken

Mitchell didn't pretend to be injecting himself to the essendon players way back when?
yeah..and? what is your actual point? You think as a coach you dont mature and grow up and be able to see the big picture. Clearly he wouldn't be condoning his players to copy cat everything he did in his own playing career.

You think Alistair Clarkson encourages his North players to break telephones and punch holes in the walls because he did it? lol. Come on now.

Calling all takers - does anyone have footage of Sicily remonstrating after a clear high free draw from when Ginnivan played for Collingwood? Would love to see some pure hypocrisy ☺️

it was an odd point that Sam Mitchell brought up about Ken being older. Like what was his point? Ginnivan is a grown man, old enough to go to War, yet he's going to be intimidated by an afl coaches words on national T.V.? I'm sure Ginnivan didn't mind the Hinkley comments so it was a weird comment to mention age. The guy is a 21 year old professional athlete. It's not Auskick.

Calling all takers - does anyone have footage of Sicily remonstrating after a clear high free draw from when Ginnivan played for Collingwood? Would love to see some pure hypocrisy ☺️
lol what do you expect? the players are only human. We all hate floppers and divers, but when it's someone in your own team, you look the other way. We all do.

A player sledging other players during the game is plenty different to a coach lashing out at an oppo player post-game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's being fun this year reading opposition boards. You all waited with bated breath from the start of the year that Hawthorn would finish bottom and get punished for tanking.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you couldn't wait to tell us, that we were still far away and needed to rebuild.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you waited too see how we would JUST miss finals, laughing at the thought.

When that didn't happen, Hawks were never going to do well in their first final, too young and inexperienced. Going to get smashed by the Dogs.

Finally yesterday you can breath a little easier. Take a deeeeep breath.... Breathe out... Focus on your breath. Stay calm and relax. You'll be fine, it's just football, no need to stress. We'll make sure that Hokball is not too painful. We promise...

I can't promise we won't make this intolerable

It's being fun this year reading opposition boards. You all waited with bated breath from the start of the year that Hawthorn would finish bottom and get punished for tanking.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you couldn't wait to tell us, that we were still far away and needed to rebuild.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you waited too see how we would JUST miss finals, laughing at the thought.

When that didn't happen, Hawks were never going to do well in their first final, too young and inexperienced. Going to get smashed by the Dogs.

Finally yesterday you can breath a little easier. Take a deeeeep breath.... Breathe out... Focus on your breath. Stay calm and relax. You'll be fine, it's just football, no need to stress. We'll make sure that Hokball is not too painful. We promise...
Hokball??? 🤣🤣🤣 I prefer wankball

Yes hawks exceeded expectations and well done to them. They won 14 games, which was huge. 7 were against teams that finished 15-18. 2 were against injury decimated Carlton and Collingwood teams. The hawks are nowhere near a flag, and I’m sure internally they recognise that. There is every chance they will miss finals next year.

Hokball??? 🤣🤣🤣 I prefer wankball

Yes hawks exceeded expectations and well done to them. They won 14 games, which was huge. 7 were against teams that finished 15-18. 2 were against injury decimated Carlton and Collingwood teams. The hawks are nowhere near a flag, and I’m sure internally they recognise that. There is every chance they will miss finals next year.

Breathe in ...

As long as you're consistent. No Buckley for Collingwood games. No Gary Lyon for Melbourne games. No Jordan lewis for Hawks or Melbourne. No Andy Maher for Carlton. No Eddy for Pies. No Nathan Brown for Dogs and Rich. No Luke Darcy for Dogs. No Tim Watson for Ess. No Dale Thomas for Collingwood or Carlton. No Selwood for Geelong. No Brian Taylor for Pies games.
Sounds amazing.

Was anyone else baffled by Port's decision to keep putting the ball back into 50/50 contests in the final 2 minutes?

I found that extraordinary.

120 seconds left, and Port had possession of the ball 3 times. Each time, they seemingly panicked and kicked long down the line, only for Hawthorn to regain possession and be given another Inside 50 and scoring opportunity.

Surely it was just panic, and not by design?

Each time, they did actually get the short option too, but either didn't see it, or chose not to use it.

Such a strange method when all you had to do was burn 120 seconds.
Saw Nathan Brown address this on the Sunday Footy show actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back