Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that you Jeff?

lIYmYwrm.jpg

I hate Kennett. How do you guys get this wrong so often?

I find it mental how people have been banging on about how game breaking their system is.

“Hokball” is literally switch the ball and spread the field. It’s pretty basic footy. Works against shit teams that can’t keep up but when you run into sides that can shut it down, that also have more elite talent than you, then you’re f*cked.
It's 2024. Game style is all about ball retention. Hawthorn's plan a is not about retention. It isn't "game breaking," but it is definitely not the status quo of the league

Yes, Hawthorn got their arrogance back after the season they have had.

Lets see if teams work on their gameplan and pick it apart over the pre-season

I will be laughing if they cant back it up next year, and go backwards
They won't get seven games against the bottom four sides next year either.

One thing is for sure, James Sicily has learned a lot from his coach.

Was anyone else baffled by Port's decision to keep putting the ball back into 50/50 contests in the final 2 minutes?

I found that extraordinary.

120 seconds left, and Port had possession of the ball 3 times. Each time, they seemingly panicked and kicked long down the line, only for Hawthorn to regain possession and be given another Inside 50 and scoring opportunity.

Surely it was just panic, and not by design?

Each time, they did actually get the short option too, but either didn't see it, or chose not to use it.

Such a strange method when all you had to do was burn 120 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our fixture preseason didn't have that either

We didn't play West Cost twice, the poster your replied to is clueless.

We also played Cats, GWS, Dogs, and Pies twice this season. Such an easy fixture!

Next year the AFL might fixture Hawthorn to double up against Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and Port Adelaide, with some of them potentially becoming bottom 4 next season.

Either way, bring on the good teams or not, doesn't bother us either way.

As long as you're consistent. No Buckley for Collingwood games. No Gary Lyon for Melbourne games. No Jordan lewis for Hawks or Melbourne. No Andy Maher for Carlton. No Eddy for Pies. No Nathan Brown for Dogs and Rich. No Luke Darcy for Dogs. No Tim Watson for Ess. No Dale Thomas for Collingwood or Carlton. No Selwood for Geelong. No Brian Taylor for Pies games.

The fact that you think a media personality can't be impartial is garbage.

Hodge is a brainfart? even though he has played the game for 15 years, has flags and been one of the best leaders of the decade.

Honestly, that's such a dumb comment.

Because a player played a certain way doesn't mean they condone it. That's like saying Barry Hall can't tell players that they shouldn't king hit guys off the ball because he did it himself. I honestly I can't deal with this low level of reasoning.
So BT is cool to do Richmond games?

We didn't play West Cost twice, the poster your replied to is clueless.

We also played Cats, GWS, Dogs, and Pies twice this season. Such an easy fixture!

Next year the AFL might fixture Hawthorn to double up against Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and Port Adelaide, with some of them potentially becoming bottom 4 next season.

Either way, bring on the good teams or not, doesn't bother us either way.

I still don't think Essendon will be any good next season, WC and Richmond will be bottom 2. North will be bottom 4 barring some super elite drafting of experienced players.

The real challenge next season will be navigating an improving Crows, Saints, and Suns. That's where some sides in the current top 8 could struggle. I think we're in danger of finishing bottom 6 if we don't address some of our issues.

Next season is going to be just as tight if not tighter.

It’s bizarre to hear Mitchell talk sanctimoniously about the power/age imbalance with regards the Hinkley incident given the shambles that was the Hawthorn FC exposed by their own investigation and handling of young indigenous players.
The saving grace is this is after getting a microphone shoved I. His face a few mins after a close loss.

Was anyone else baffled by Port's decision to keep putting the ball back into 50/50 contests in the final 2 minutes?

I found that extraordinary.

120 seconds left, and Port had possession of the ball 3 times. Each time, they seemingly panicked and kicked long down the line, only for Hawthorn to regain possession and be given another Inside 50 and scoring opportunity.

Surely it was just panic, and not by design?

Each time, they did actually get the short option too, but either didn't see it, or chose not to use it.

Such a strange method when all you had to do was burn 120 seconds.
I think young Logan Evans had the ball - but this was obviously instructed. I guess Port are 6-0 for wins 6 points and under this season, so they must be doing something right…

Incredible the sooks are Mitchell,hodge,lewis and brereton.
Talk about dishing it out but cant take it back. Oh and sicilly.
they didn't dish it out. They literally criticised Ginnivan for his comments during the week. but that doesn't fit your tin foil hat conspiracy theory that ex players will jeopardise their media careers because they feel loyalty to a bunch of players they've never played with....

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back