Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't be "staggered" if Port win, if you are tipping a margin of 9 points (a goal and a half).

Anyway, Hawks by 20, seeya later Ken ya ****.
I can be. Because I didn’t think they were good enough.

However, revising my view 24 hours out I think Port might summon up something and win.

‘See you in 14 days’ will be on the board.

I can be. Because I didn’t think they were good enough.

However, revising my view 24 hours out I think Port might summon up something and win.

‘See you in 14 days’ will be on the board.

You know what, if I was Ken I wouldn't.

It's way too easy and everyone in Australia has assumed all week that will be the last minute motivational inspiration from the coach to his players.

This group needs something unexpected to bit them between the eyes, or a 'business as usual' approach.

How Port think picking Dixon is a good idea is beyond me.

Sicily and Scrimshaw are going to have a ****ing field day.

Dixon is a crazy call. What happened to Olly Lord, I wasn't as big on him as other Geelong posters that wanted to trade him for Sav, but if you are not good enough to get a game ahead of Dixon you might as well empty the locker now.

Going in top heavy like the Bulldogs did last week and Adelaide did in round 20. Their talls will get tired chasing us. Can’t believe they haven’t dropped Dixon. Their backline looks very thin too. Hopefully Hawks win it in the middle because I can’t see their backs stopping our forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still pretty certain Port will win, but what on earth are they doing in selection? ALL FOUR of Esava, Dixon, Marshall and Georgiadis are going to play in the forward line?

Are they insane?

1726136775758.png

Last game they played the Hawks got the jump big time and absolutely dominated the first quarter, but from then on it was an arm wrestle bar a few length of the ground kickin goals to the Hawks. Port really shut them down around the ground after that but struggled to really hit the scoreboard until the final term, and if they had kicked straight the game would have been over halfway through the last.

Not sure too many teams have studied the Hawks in depth and then have the players to do anything about it.

But then again 2 or 3 years ago the Hawks annihilated Port at Adelaide oval in a game they were statistically ouclassed in all facets of, bar the scoreboard.

Odds say Port are due for a win in a final, but form says Hawks.

Surprised at the land of the giants selections. I don't know Port's list that well, but with their outs, is it possible they've decided they won't try to match us at our game and instead try to beat us at contest and smash it long to where we're undersized?

Surprised at the land of the giants selections. I don't know Port's list that well, but with their outs, is it possible they've decided they won't try to match us at our game and instead try to beat us at contest and smash it long to where we're undersized?
It was either going to be one of two ways.
Players behind the ball and play the grinding low scoring game, stay within touch and then see how things sit at 3qt.
Or
Go full throttle and give the players the licence to attack and have a shootout. We have the midfield but don’t have the forward line to do that for a whole game, so here’s hoping we can get the jump early and get the crowd involved. Maybe even get the noise of affirmation going for once and get a good run with the umps.

I'm still pretty certain Port will win, but what on earth are they doing in selection? ALL FOUR of Esava, Dixon, Marshall and Georgiadis are going to play in the forward line?

Are they insane?

View attachment 2108799

All signs point to yes. Doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t win though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back