Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How umps 11 and 12 get a guernsey after last week’s debacle is comical. I would be practising last minute ducking and flopping. They love paying soft frees in front of goals.

Number 12 will probably get the Grand Final. Missed out as the emergency last year and usually they make it the year after.

I don't think he is a good umpire though.

Have seen this play out many times before.
Team finishes top four and get smacked first final.
Team wins elimination final and then are expected to beat losing top four team.

Top four team prove why they are top four team and spank other team.Though this feels a bit different for a couple of reasons.
1. Hawthorn are playing like a team who just dont care, they are on a free ride and will stay on it until it stops.
There may be a movie about this if they go all the way.
2. Port are still Port and if you want to play a team 2nd week of finals, it is Port or Melbourne.

There is a tiny, small, miniscule, minute, little part of me that would like the Smart arse Hawks to lose.
Then there is every other living cell in my body, that prays for Port to lose by a point, courtesy of a Jack Ginnivan high free kick goal after the siren :D

Carn the Power! Nothing against Hawthorn, I'm just mentally unable to barrack for the team which knocked my team out And ( It's a bit too soon for the Hawks to start winning premierships again)

There is a tiny, small, miniscule, minute, little part of me that would like the Smart arse Hawks to lose.
Then there is every other living cell in my body, that prays for Port to lose by a point, courtesy of a Jack Ginnivan high free kick goal after the siren :D
Been there, done that, you should wish for something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a tingle about this one.

I fully expect Port to have a red hot crack and make this game intense. I think it is their only way. The slow forward line looks dodgy, however, the battle strategy is double down on what you've got rather than get sucked in to play a style adverse to what you're used to. I can see the logic. I hope it works.

Priority 1 for Port mids and players between the arks is pressure pressure without ball, then explode ahead of the ball once it's won back. Last week they forgot the first step and got ahead of the ball and the oppo licked it up with fervour.

And those forwards need to move and separate, not just stand around together like a corroboree top of square.

Hoping for a cracker.
I'm an optimist.

Swans fans who would you rather play in the prelim?

I’m assuming you want port to get it done?

Not fussed personally.

No easy prelims. Confident we can beat either at home.

Butters starting on the bench? Ken obviously learned his lesson with JHF last week
thinking-butters-stotch.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back