Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Man I love Willie Rioli.

Just a classic, brilliant footballer.

I have a lot of love for fat ****s who can play good footy.

Hodge, Swan, McGovern and Willie.

Gives me hope.

If the opposition need ammo to fire up I'd say that's more on the oppo than anyone.

Seriously it's a cutthroat final. What more motivation do you require?
Did you see the lame effort port brought to their qualifying final?
They clearly chasing every ounce of motivation to get up for this match when all they really needed was for someone to tell them it’s just Home and away game!

Al

I would think Sicily shaving the post by an inch had a much more significant bearing than Ginnivan's comments.

I could think of a 100 more reasons that would have had a more significant outcome.

It thudded into the post..

Ken said the social post had an impact on the playing group weather you disagree or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embarrassing yourself Jordan Lewis

A lot of the post match media commentary is being done without any hint of irony.

Apparently, this was an all-time classic and Port, with their backs to the wall have pulled off one of the great victories in club history.

I could have sworn that, given a mulligan at home, they fell over the line against the 8th placed team and, in doing so, continued the perfect record of teams thumped in Qualifying Finals rebounding.

Maybe this sort of hysterical overreaction is the real problem at Port.

Burgoyne and Rioli were great as many have said tonight, just a small congrats to Willem Drew too, thought he was incredibly good all night as well, underrated but very important player

The 3 big moments for Port were the Sweet chase down on Chol, the Drew flying superman spoil, and the follow up DBJ tackle. All 3 should have been clean Hawthorn disposals & solid inside entries/attacks, all were in last 6 or so minutes of the game.

Burgoyne, Rioli, Wines & JHF deserve their plaudits but those 3 efforts were just massive. None of them had a right to do it.

If Ginnivans comment wasn’t something then the opposing coach wouldn’t go off like he did.

After supporting him for 3 years I can tell you, when he’s good he’s great. But when he’s bad he’s really f’ing bad.

Good for Ken.

You aren't going to win many games off emotion alone. You need something with substance to back it up.

I'd be worried if my coach is relying on a comment made in jest by an opposition player to be the ace up the sleeve.

Hawks board will be all be trying to dry their tears with optimism about Battle and Barrass. Little do they know, they could well be screwed for the next 10 years. When you’ve got momentum you better capitalise, things can turn quickly. Bad luck Hokball!
Dramatic much? Port deserved the win. No tears at all matey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back