Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot of people have been suffering Hawthorn through gritted teeth and that most people will quite enjoy Hinkley’s antics after the game.

It was such a beautiful old fart way to troll a bunch of cocky Gen Z’s or whatever they are.

Normal people don’t want footballers wearing wizards hats and taking selfies with crowds. Normal people don’t like Hawthorn’s players. Ken has called it out. Good on him.

If the commentary on here is any indication, it's definitely felt like a shift against Hawthorn in the public perception. And this isn't the era where a Denis Pagan or a Leigh Matthews would tear Ginnivan a new arseh*le after the game, it's made them the most followed team on social media, so I bet they won't change anything about their approach. They'll double down and make it an us against the world thing. Which will be fascinating, because it was easy when they were winning and before that, it was easy when no-one expected anything out of them. But does the finger pointing and internal fighting start, now that they're seen as a contender, if 2025 is a more up and down season than anticipated?

It's a bit funny that it's Port that has been involved in this flashpoint, as for a couple of years, I've thought that they were the kings of rubbing an opposition's nose in it, shoving an opposition defender from behind when his man kicks a goal, getting into an opponent for kicking one out on the full: all that pointless, cocky byplay that the truly great teams never seem to bother themselves with. In fairness, that looked like it was gone from Port's game, at least last night.

Pencil these two in for opening round 2025 at Adelaide Oval, please.

Ginni was disrespectful to Port with his social post even if he didn’t think he was or mean to be. Grundy and Ginni are ex teammates after all.

The issue is he could text message Grundy this but chose to post on social for the world to see.

This was disrespectful and Ken and the Power would of had this message posted on the walls of Alberton Oval all week.

Sicily is sticking up for his player and obviously Mitchell was fuming in the presser as you cannot take the human element of emotion out of the game. Hawks season ended and of course they would be snappy to Ken being a smartarse.

Another thing I’ll say is I can’t recall Hawthorn coming out during the week and saying anything about Ginnis post. If they said it wasn’t acceptable then most likely Ken wouldn’t have been a smarty pants, but they didn’t.

I can’t see too many feeling sorry for the Hawks out of this as the last 2-3 months is just about as arrogant as I can remember a football side being. The selfies and celebrations are generally seen as unsportsmanlike to the side they have defeated, naming your own brand “Hok-Ball” is arrogant. I know it’s 2024 and young fellas like to express themselves but if you can dish it out, then be prepared to take it, because I still think there are a few clubs lining up to give it to the Hawks in 2025.

Sometimes is best to shake hands, have a beer and keep the celebrations behind closed doors.

If the commentary on here is any indication, it's definitely felt like a shift against Hawthorn in the public perception.

They’ve been awesome to watch the Hawks.

I think it’s more of if you are going to dish it (which they have), then be prepared to cop it (they weren’t)

Strong victim mentality when it’s not them gobbing off.

Genuinely embarrassing from Hodge and Lewis on their respective platforms. Unbelievably one eyed.

Malthouse, Sheedy, Clarkson all spring to mind in having much worse altercations with opposition players. in much less important games.

Ginnivan had it coming. Cant do what he did and think its play on. Ken coaching for his career, emotions high, always going to happen.

Mitchell didnt handle his emotions well in the presser either.

I think it’s more of if you are going to dish it (which they have), then be prepared to cop it (they weren’t)

Yeah, not going to lie, it was pretty satisfying to see them get their comeuppance, but in fairness, it didn't really appear as though Ginnivan or any of that group of ubercelebrators was having a sook about Hinkley's behaviour after the game. Sicily may have gone on with it a little bit more than he needed to, but he did what you'd expect of a captain.

It was Lewis, Mitchell and (apparently) Hodge with their reactions that made this far bigger than it probably needed to be. They seemed floored by the response that not everyone really cares for this group of Hawks' cockiness and - as with Brown and Buckley's response on the panel with Lewis - that essentially you reap what you sow and someone was always going to thoroughly enjoy knocking Hawthorn down a peg or two.

When did we dish it out? One social media post from one player? The club as a whole were pretty respectful all week. Even when they asked if we would get into Butters, Mitchell didn't want a bar of it. His own club were dishing it out to him much more than us.

If you’re going to talk shit, you better have a blinder of a game. Walk the talk. If not, you leave yourself open to criticism.

Wasn’t a great look from Hinkley but if you’re going to laugh off comments / posts, don’t whinge when the turd gets flung back your way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom line is that AFL is in the industry of "entertainment"

I have no issue with what Ginnivan
posted ... in fact it should be encouraged ... its a discussion point .... give shite ... hang shite ... however much u like ... in whatever forum u like ....just don't hide and get angry when it all goes **** up

Hinkley didn't need to respond ... but he did ... and it was great theatre ... the Port players loved it .... the Media love it (except for sensitive Lewis / Hodge) ... the public love it

Hawks are walking an extremely thin line with their arrogant goal celebrations and their post match wank but their antics have re-energised and given a huge shot in the AFLs arm ..... that said if you are gunna walk the walk don't get all pippy lipped sooky when the end result doesn't work out in your favor

Only 3 people that lost respect and face tonight were Ginnivan, Sicily and Mitchell

All Sicily or Ginnivan had to do was walk over and shake Hinkley's hand and say well done then the dickhead shoe would have been on the other foot

Guaranteed that Hawks will be fixtured to play Port twice next year now

When did we dish it out? One social media post from one player? The club as a whole were pretty respectful all week. Even when they asked if we would get into Butters, Mitchell didn't want a bar of it. His own club were dishing it out to him much more than us.

Most of the year.

Planned and practiced celebrations during the week, rolled out when well on top during games. Showboating.

I like it, but let’s not pretend it hasn’t been happening.

After the Hawks smashed the Pies, Ginnivan was tweeting the celebration and going on with it.

The Instagram comment to Grundy wasnt an isolated moment for the Hoks.

Genuinely embarrassing from Hodge and Lewis on their respective platforms. Unbelievably one eyed.

Malthouse, Sheedy, Clarkson all spring to mind in having much worse altercations with opposition players. in much less important games.

Ginnivan had it coming. Cant do what he did and think its play on. Ken coaching for his career, emotions high, always going to happen.

Mitchell didnt handle his emotions well in the presser either.
In Mitchell's defence, he clearly was devastated by the loss that he would have thought they could have/should have won.

Probably also realises that these sort of momentum runs don't come along too often and it's an opportunity missed

A world travelled expat not missed a game ever Crows supporter who of course hate Port but never as much as Victorians smurky cold weather experts who fecked up the sport with its constant rules changes and now brings us the most bias dour ugly commentators in the history of the WAFL SANFL VFL QFL and AFL SERIOUSLY Such a bunch of crap Richo and co have the iq of a mouldy rabbits arseh*le Well done Port one of the most intense games I have seen. The lockdowns were unlawful and didn't follow 2009 Standard Pandemic Regulations and million fo people suffered but they can lockdown Vic anytime back to my tropical paradise here in Thailand ขอบคุณนะคราาาาาบ
Are there high taxes on punctuation in Thailand?

Classic VFL umpiring; the Chol HTB paid as a sling, the out of bounds followed by a Watson duck, the touched ball that the VFL Arc gave a goal and how many other dodgy frees directly resulting in goals. Port did well to somehow avoid one of the biggest stitch up jobs since the dodgy umpiring in the 2016 Dogs v Swans GF.
standard for a hawthorn game.

If you’re going to talk shit, you better have a blinder of a game. Walk the talk. If not, you leave yourself open to criticism.

Wasn’t a great look from Hinkley but if you’re going to laugh off comments / posts, don’t whinge when the turd gets flung back your way.
Lol
Walking talking flinging turds!
You should be a poet mate!😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back