Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the year.

Planned and practiced celebrations during the week, rolled out when well on top during games. Showboating.

I like it, but let’s not pretend it hasn’t been happening.

After the Hawks smashed the Pies, Ginnivan was tweeting the celebration and going on with it.

The Instagram comment to Grundy wasnt an isolated moment for the Hoks.

The celebrations and insta post only rile up old school Jono Brown sad sacks who can't understand the amount of life it's actually brought to the club and league itself. And most opposition supporters have been pretty well receiving of it, so hardly found we've been that bad. But ya can't tell me a insta post, not even mentioning Port was more disrespectful than his own supporters behaviour towards him not just this week, but all year! There was a reason he was "coaching for his life" and had nothing to do with Ginni.

Oh please your mob have been disrespecting opposition all year with the celebrations and then tweets. You got a bit back and suddenly can’t handle it.
Exactly. It’s all been this pathetic Hawthorn pandering non stop with the media right up them. Hok Ball etc. It’s come to a head last night and JG has egg on his face. Deal with it.

The arrogance of the Hawks previous dynasty has been well and truly instilled in this current group by Mitchell.

Usually these fun and exciting up and coming teams are favourites of the neutral supporters. These guys won’t be. The absolute carry on over the past couple of months and then the complete sooking when it comes back the other way.

Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis & Burgoyne are a disgrace. Completely biased and partial in their views. If you can’t put your emotions aside as a commentator then don’t be one.

From a match play perspective, Port denied Hawks a lot of time and space off half back and wing. The decision to apply a hard tag on DAmbrosio was in the end a good decision.

Hawks backline stood up against admittedly poor quality inside 50s but there was a heap of them one stage. I've always found Scrimshaw a tad overrated by Hawthorn supporters, but he was excellent last night standing up and repeatedly taking good marks.

Lloyd Meek in many respects is one of the real stories at Hawthorn this year. Another very good performance.

The difference in Ports application and preparedness to tackle was stark to what they dished up the previous week. I don't know how they vary so much within a week but that seems to be their way. I can't see them getting past Swans next week

Bottom line is that AFL is in the industry of "entertainment"

I have no issue with what Ginnivan
posted ... in fact it should be encouraged ... its a discussion point .... give shite ... hang shite ... however much u like ... in whatever forum u like ....just don't hide and get angry when it all goes **** up

Hinkley didn't need to respond ... but he did ... and it was great theatre ... the Port players loved it .... the Media love it (except for sensitive Lewis / Hodge) ... the public love it

Hawks are walking an extremely thin line with their arrogant goal celebrations and their post match wank but their antics have re-energised and given a huge shot in the AFLs arm ..... that said if you are gunna walk the walk don't get all pippy lipped sooky when the end result doesn't work out in your favor

Only 3 people that lost respect and face tonight were Ginnivan, Sicily and Mitchell

All Sicily or Ginnivan had to do was walk over and shake Hinkley's hand and say well done then the dickhead shoe would have been on the other foot

Guaranteed that Hawks will be fixtured to play Port twice next year now
How did Mitchell lose face?

Ginnivan was Port's best player and amazingly that was before the ball was bounced. They only way the hawks were going to lose this one was to get ahead themselves and disrespect the opposition and they did that in spades.
Port are also a very emotional team, it was unbelievably dumb from Ginnivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Hodgy. having a crack at a losing player is classless. I don't mind a bit of spice from the players but the coach should be better than that.
Absolute garbage, nothing at all wrong with what hinkley did, ginniven deserved a spray for the disrespect.
Coaches are just as invested as players in the game, ginnivens not a kid so if he wants to have a crack at another team and entire supporter base then he and the rest of hawthorn shouldn't be whinging when it comes back at them.

How did Mitchell lose face?
not sure he lost face, he was angry though and it showed.

I’m sure other clubs coaches would be quite angry and pissed the way Hawks celebrate after wins as well.

I understand you’re annoyed with Ken, but even if Ken lost his job at Port, he will be gobbled up by another club fairly quickly, so I think you’ll have to put up with Ken Hinkley for a while yet.

Just laughing at the carry-on and gripe he had over a pretty tame social media post, but can't seem to have any words of his own club who were gonna sack him had Sicily kicked that goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back