Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he was playing the hurt teary coach thing. Coming from Mitchell its truly funny. Everyone else in footy land can see the joke. The joke is Mitchells sooky response.

Mitchell's like that mother who has been happy to let her kids run wild, then gets upset when someone else tells them to STFU.

What can I say I’m very experienced with irrelevance. Smug mediocrity is very familiar. It’s the Familiarity makes it easy to spot.

Like both Zerk and Mass and are happy for them to get deserved opportunities.

Still can’t imagine losing a final after being gifted 5 goals after claiming to have revolutionised the game by playing with effort
Na we never claimed that, the narrative was written by others. Port were the better team and deserved the win. All is fair in love and war. One thing Hok is not: irrelevant.

I find it mental how people have been banging on about how game breaking their system is.

“Hokball” is literally switch the ball and spread the field. It’s pretty basic footy. Works against shit teams that can’t keep up but when you run into sides that can shut it down, that also have more elite talent than you, then you’re f*cked.
The pressure broke them. And then the umpires stepped in and said 'no that's too much pressure' then started paying bullshit frees and they started to get rolling. 4 or 5 direct goals too.

The last quarter was a farce.

For the 1200th time for the smooth brains in the back. Ginnivan laughed the whole way through, it's banter, GG Port, onto 2025. Painting Hawks as villains to held you sleep better? Go for it!
Ginnivan laughed after dishing it out and potentially costing his team a final?

Thank you Hok for saving football.

I think you're drastically underestimating how badly this "Oh that Steph Curry goodnight celebration was sick, reckon I'll give it a run in front of a packed opposition crowd to rub their noses in it" plays with opposing supporters and clubs.

It's going to turn for them, especially if they continue winning in 2025. I reckon last night is a definite tipping point.

Compared to 3peat hatred, this has nothing on it.

The pressure broke them. And then the umpires stepped in and said 'no that's too much pressure' then started paying bullshit frees and they started to get rolling. 4 or 5 direct goals too.

The last quarter was a farce.
But that’s what people have been saying all year. When the whips are cracking and someone matches you for pressure and shuts down your 1 wood you need elite players to step up and carry you over the line. Wines, Drew, Rozee and JHF all had some huge moments at key parts of the game.

Unless some of their players take the next step next year they’ll regress because Port have just given the blueprint to beat them. Clear the contest asap, shut down the switch, and dont overcommit on the ball carrier.

Na we never claimed that, the narrative was written by others. Port were the better team and deserved the win. All is fair in love and war. One thing Hok is not: irrelevant.
when the dust settles we'll all remember that Hawks won an elimination final against Dogs who since their flag cant win a chook raffle in Sept. Hawks get a tough draw next year a slip back to mid ladder mediocrity. Ginnivan continues to be the only Hawk player the media want photos of even when he doesnt break double digit possies like yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they just think you're w***ers not villians
We think if you’re going to carry on, wear wizard hats to finals, troll on socials that’s all well can good ( and it is) but you can’t cry like little children when it comes back

I hate Hinkley and his finals record look at my signature but he was within his rights to do what he did and Jack, the wiz and Sammy need to suck it down and love it

The outright favouritism of the umps and their role in getting them back into the game to start with was probably also adding the emotion of the night

Can’t have it both ways Hawf

And missed finals this year. Their list as it stands is simply not as good.

Swans finished 8th last year and are on fire this year. A lot changes in a short amount of time.

Look at how quickly Hawthorn jumped up.
Will be interesting to see how the Hawks deal with the tougher draw and pressure next year. It’s only going to get harder for them from now on.
The forward line ducking for frees at every contest won’t cut it either next year.

We will agree to disagree. A coach in this day and age doing what Hinkley did is way out of line. That can't be what coaches no matter what team should be doing in a professional sporting organisation. He has apologised, which was needed and hopefully Mitch takes Ginni to ask over his lack of professionalism.
What do you mean in this day and age? All he did was flap his arms around and have a few words. You really need to get some perspective. Take your blinkers off. JG mouthed off which absolutely motivated Port. His comments had ramifications for the entire team. That needs to be the focus, not Ken giving him some stick.

Come on, you can’t be that precious.

Will be interesting to see how the Hawks deal with the tougher draw and pressure next year. It’s only going to get harder for them from now on.
The forward line ducking for frees at every contest won’t cut it either next year.
Tougher draws don't always work out that way. This year we got Geelong, GWS, Collingwood, Adelaide, Richmond and North. At the start of the year it was ranked the 5th toughest draw from memory but Collingwood and Adelaide fell away

Leave the shit talking to the players on the field.

Coach has no role there, all he had to do was strut off with a grin and the message was the same

Seriously all these tears over this.

View attachment 2110347

Don’t get me wrong I hate the mere sight of Ken but this is all a big nothing. It’s just a stupid gesture. Let’s not react to it as if he’s said some heinous racist or homophobic slur.
Ken attacked a defenseless kid, a minor, a terrified child. I think it's aborent. I think I can't spell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back