Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Leave the shit talking to the players on the field.

Coach has no role there, all he had to do was strut of with a grin and the message was the same
Pantomime villain, adds to the theatre

Jose Mourinho and his antics have been genuine byplay for years, really adds to it

Plus it’s all in context, doubt Kenny would’ve been taunting the Cats players last week had they won

Will be interesting to see how the Hawks deal with the tougher draw and pressure next year. It’s only going to get harder for them from now on.
The forward line ducking for frees at every contest won’t cut it either next year.

People said that about Selwood too. Yet he got nearly 100 free kicks in his final 2 seasons.

Jose Mourinho and his antics have been genuine byplay for years, really adds to it

When you get a 0-0 draw in soccer any entertainment off the field will suffice!

Ginni was disrespectful to Port with his social post even if he didn’t think he was or mean to be. Grundy and Ginni are ex teammates after all.

The issue is he could text message Grundy this but chose to post on social for the world to see.

This was disrespectful and Ken and the Power would of had this message posted on the walls of Alberton Oval all week.

Sicily is sticking up for his player and obviously Mitchell was fuming in the presser as you cannot take the human element of emotion out of the game. Hawks season ended and of course they would be snappy to Ken being a smartarse.

Another thing I’ll say is I can’t recall Hawthorn coming out during the week and saying anything about Ginnis post. If they said it wasn’t acceptable then most likely Ken wouldn’t have been a smarty pants, but they didn’t.

I can’t see too many feeling sorry for the Hawks out of this as the last 2-3 months is just about as arrogant as I can remember a football side being. The selfies and celebrations are generally seen as unsportsmanlike to the side they have defeated, naming your own brand “Hok-Ball” is arrogant. I know it’s 2024 and young fellas like to express themselves but if you can dish it out, then be prepared to take it, because I still think there are a few clubs lining up to give it to the Hawks in 2025.

Sometimes is best to shake hands, have a beer and keep the celebrations behind closed doors.
Exactly. And I am incredibly surprised Sam Mitchell was borderline close to tears given his gesticulating to Essendon players about injecting illicit substances when was a player. It seems Hawthorn likes it going their way but when their behaviour flips back on them they really struggle to hack it.

Expected a lot more from Mitchell re his stoicism because I certainly don’t think reinforcing their entitled approach is going to set them up for any success when it gets hot under the collar.

Pantomime villain, adds to the theatre

Plus it’s all in context, doubt Kenny would’ve been taunting the Cats players last week had they won
If you want to line up to pay respect to a 300 game player, respect him or just walk away.

That is the issue with it for me. If you want to have a crack at any other time fine but once you are in that line that was the time to stop

When you get a 0-0 draw in soccer any entertainment off the field will suffice!
Hahaha, went to a friendly between Juventus and Tottenham (I think it was Tottenham, went to a lot of games when I lived in London) and the crowd cheered every successful pass after hardly any shots were recorded en route to a nil all draw

So you aren’t wrong

If you want to line up to pay respect to a 300 game player, respect him or just walk away.

That is the issue with it for me. If you want to have a crack at any other time fine but once you are in that line that was the time to stop
Do you think Port give a toss about Breust?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha, went to a friendly between Juventus and Tottenham (I think it was Tottenham, went to a lot of games when I lived in London) and the crowd cheered every successful pass after hardly any shots were recorded en route to a nil all draw

So you aren’t wrong

Being a Spurs & Dogs supporer I know what disappointment is all about 😎

Double whammy

when the dust settles we'll all remember that Hawks won an elimination final against Dogs who since their flag cant win a chook raffle in Sept. Hawks get a tough draw next year a slip back to mid ladder mediocrity. Ginnivan continues to be the only Hawk player the media want photos of even when he doesnt break double digit possies like yesterday.
These years, since RFC anyway, oppo are quick to find flaws and counter a team's method. A team might get a couple of years of their system dominating, if lucky. Hawks will have that to contend with too.

The mosquitoes must be rivalling that tally.
Hawks fans carry on about Selwood for years, now they have an entire forward line that does it…
Probably. But 4 players to match Selwood's tally would be about right

I will say the, the Hokball meme was fun this year, the Hawks seem to have built up a solid amount of goodwill with fans because of how fun they were to watch, the question is do they back it up with bigger expectations next year?

Anyway hack ball is done! Port ramped up the pressure and Hawthorn had no time to transition from defence to attack and no out the back goals for players in space up forward . Wonder how Port are feeling against the swans ? Beat them by 112 not so long ago, gotta have some confidence although the game is in Sydney.

I will say the, the Hokball meme was fun this year, the Hawks seem to have built up a solid amount of goodwill with fans because of how fun they were to watch, the question is do they back it up with bigger expectations next year?

For sure there are big expectations for next year. We cant go backwards. Which is why the club is getting Battle and going for Barrass.

Hokball is just having small forwards and taking unnecessary risks. Paid off for a while and good on em.

Interesting that the two times they lost were on the narrowest grounds in the competition.
(albeit Geelong having clearly rejigged their style to play on the MCG and are pretty dodgy at KP themselves)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back