Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Watching a stream of Pickitt playing as Melbourne.

If this is meant to be Goodwin...

View attachment 1677414

Couldn't get Godwin in to scan so they got a Justin Leppitch impersonator instead.

Been awake since 4, started reading from page 3... made it to page 8 before deciding to skip to page 15. I think I'll hold off purchasing now as those bugs would frustrate me after spending $99.95. Will wait and see what gets fixed over the next 1-2 months.

Just been following for news the last few weeks but I think we can see why they didnt share gameplay for so long, AFL live 2 had way better game play in my opinion. Is there a plan to add more spoiling in the game, more free kicks, a stats menu etc with a patch? Game looks half finished, it's a worse AFL live with better graphics that you cant even notice besides when you have a set shot 😅 I'm hoping there is a major day 1 patch coming or I'll probably cancel the pre order 😊

The game looks and plays great, but there are some gameplay issues. Honestly it does feel exciting to play.

• Handballing feels a bit wonky and off.
  • opposition players sometimes look stranded or don’t chase for posession
  • player on the mark does a hot shoe shuffle at times
  • perhaps have players in the midfield crouch down or make it look like they are waiting for a disposal from the tackle.
  • For a future update, I’d recommend looking at fine tuning the fluidity of player body movements around the contest.
  • Stats, maybe a fine tuning of stats at the end.

But as a base, this is nice start to build from and you’ve done a great job on live atmosphere, graphics and animations, game environment, I like the commentary, it feels more fine tuned and broader than Evo 2. The menus and overall presentation is top notch. Just some gameplay issues to iron out.

Last edited:
Just been following for news the last few weeks but I think we can see why they didnt share gameplay for so long, AFL live 2 had way better game play in my opinion. Is there a plan to add more spoiling in the game, more free kicks, a stats menu etc with a patch? Game looks half finished, it's a worse AFL live with better graphics that you cant even notice besides when you have a set shot 😅 I'm hoping there is a major day 1 patch coming or I'll probably cancel the pre order 😊
Imagine gameplay exposing these issues, who would honestly have spent their 80-100 bucks? Was swindled away for a reason.

Hopefully early patches fix these issues or the game will quickly become a laughing stock.

Alot less frustrated when the reason it was delayed becomes bleedingly obvious, Microsoft arent going to have approved the game in the s**t heap of a state it has been launched in on other platforms, enjoy being beta testers though lmao.

People are gonna buy a PS5 because of this game.

Microsoft keep continuing to take Ls. Not like they couldn't do with some sales after all the ps5 has sold like 15 million more consoles than the Xbox.

😂😂

Imagine gameplay exposing these issues, who would honestly have spent their 80-100 bucks? Was swindled away for a reason.

Hopefully early patches fix these issues or the game will quickly become a laughing stock.
Fair call, I'll steer clear of BA games from now on, lack of info, blatant lies, throwing out a half finished game expecting people to pay 80-100 dollars on it, Ross being ignorant and rude to people in the forum at times, absolute shambles, good luck with it everyone I hope it gets sorted quickly for you 👍😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why the "this is a base to build from" argument is present. They have two previous games to build a base from. Which is evident as they are plagued with the same issues.

Is their engine even capable of representing physics?
The base was built a decade ago, thats not a valid excuse for anyone with any slight amount of a brain.

1683139638393.png

I haven't been this disappointed since Bannerlord. Honestly would have been stoked with AFL Live gameplay with nicer graphics and much deeper modes.

Wonder how much resource they can realistically devote to fixing all the bugs. No stats is a debacle though must be in there because Ross replied to a post about including Fantasy points. Looks like it genuinely isn't the final build.

It's easy to aftertime, but I have to say when streamers were playing talking about the great spread from contest and smart AI getting free, in my mind I was thinking that gee allowing that to happen forward of the ball is a big risk. If not done perfectly could be game breaking and sounds like it is. The evolution system, while hacky, at least worked without breaking the game.

Again the FIFA model would work quite well, with a zone but make it much harder to pinpoint kicks than is the case. And make countering super easy if its open and 1v1 so give incentive to get numbers back. Unfortunately doesn't seem like we'll ever get anything near this 😕

Would make me question why the patch isn't already on the Steam Store in that case, make people play through a broken game they could fix with one update for what reason exactly?

I remember for the cricket games the PS and Xbox versions often had patches come at different times due to different approval processes. Steam, however, typically got the patches first since there was minimal approval requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back