Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
This is insane. Not everyone wants to play short little matches, but if this indicates how easy it is to score per minute of game time, then it’s a lazily coded game where there’s no ”in-between” AI work, and just winner of the ball kicks goal. (Although it’s the AFLs end to end basketball scoring dream)
That being said it's been an issue in almost every afl game, I remember little me on Gold edition did a 20 minute game and went 690-400 or something, same in evo 2 even if I was playing against somebody else

For a game with by far the biggest budget of any AFL game ever, it sure is bereft of features and gameplay. And most of the expenditure is on things that will be made redundant, like face scanning, animated win/loss/coin toss/songs.

This time it's real!
I wish the budget went mostly into the gameplay and qa testing. I know Big Ant could have created the ultimate Aussie Rules simulation game had they gone the same route of development as RLL3.

In the stats page whats the difference between 'ball winners' and disposals?
There's nothing on the match overview page so I had to manually count the disposals by looking at what said player had prior to the round.

Possessions and disposals I’d say it is

When I handball in a direction but it goes 50 metres the complete opposite while the AI stands back and stares at it, only for someone to come in at sonic speed to pick it up and then again stand there while everyone stands around only for him to then be tackled from 10 metres away and a holding the ball free is payed isn't my idea of playable. Its ridiculous people are acting as if this is a functioning videogame. It simply isn't.

It should be pulled from store fronts, an apology issued and a promise to fix and re-release when ready should happen.
The problem with this is there are people actually playing and enjoying it. Granted its taken a few patches to even get there.

But it proves the "playability" of the game is fairly subjective.

Unfortunately Online isn't playable for me currently.

5 x attempts at an online game and haven't been able to fully complete one.

Noticing a lot of ball teleporting as well when tacking opposition as well, they just seem to move it forward somehow.

Unfortunately Online isn't playable currently.

5 x attempts at an online game and haven't been able to fully complete one.

Noticing a lot of ball teleporting as well when tacking opposition as well, they just seem to move it forward somehow.
Think I was just playing against you 10 minutes ago mate. Carlton v Richmond and dropped out mid 2nd quarter. Ball was teleporting on my end also unfortunately

Think I was just playing against you 10 minutes ago mate. Carlton v Richmond and dropped out mid 2nd quarter. Ball my teleporting on my end also unfortunately
ah yep that would have been me. My game fully crashed unfortunately.

I know those things that happened are big factors, but when it wasn't doing that stuff I felt we were having a decent enough game.

BigAntStudios JNT BA after all the patches are said and done i think adding a statistics in game that show up every know and them and also after a certain player kicks a goal just like what the AFL EVO Series had or even prior when there having a set shot would be cool so you can tell how many possessions, goals and tackles the player has had who is lining up to have a set shot or after they have kicked it

Yes please! Currently, there’s no feeling of accomplishment for kicking a difficult/important goal, as stats, replays, player celebrations & crowd noise are all miles off where you’d expect them to be.

I had Peter Wright kick the first goal of the game, a basic set shot, and it cut to him going full Papley, running mad pumping his fist around like he’d just kicked a ripper clutch goal late in the game lol! His body/overall height was also much smaller in that animation, so def a glitch there.

Replays of a big HTB tackle (that you have the option to skip if you choose) would also be grand, and would add so much to the game.

Even the way match stats are listed is weird - the list order, which things are there/missing, even the fact that it’s written as ‘Fifties’ instead of ‘50s’ is bizarre.

BigAntStudios could you please also include fantasy scores for individual player stats, as per Evo 2? Fans obsess over these things nowadays and it helps highlight who’s had an impact, both at senior & reserves levels - if you can mimic the same sort of game/player stats available via the AFL app, that would be wonderful.

Looking forward to the patch tonight. 💪🏻

Could do it similar to Channel 7 when a player is having a set shot. Like you said, maybe have stats like Kicks, Handballs and Score instead of Age, Games, Career Goals.
View attachment 1681827
Was thinking the same thing- AFL Live 2004 had the pop up like below, a smaller/cleaner version of this would be awesome. Any of those broadcast feel pop ups (disposal leaders, goals etc.) enhance the in game experience a lot. Not sure previously mentioned but having the fantasy points in the stats options was also great in previous games. Looking forward to the patch tonight on console.

afl-live-2004-08.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Goldberg is in camp 3, unsure why the need to constantly say it's unplayable. We all know it is, I don't think anyone's out there genuinely say it's great now. Just doesn't seem constructive. If you're in camp 1 or 2 I'd expect that commentary, but not if you're in camp 3. And unless you're in camp 3 I'm not sure why you'd be playing the game at all.
He's raising issues because no one else is. No one is going on about the turning of players despite actually being a major issue. Until Big Ant can rectify the situation, then there shouldn't be a problem with him raising it.

He's raising issues because no one else is. No one is going on about the turning of players despite actually being a major issue. Until Big Ant can rectify the issue, then there shouldn't be a problem with him raising it.
It's surprising to me that unresponsive controls are not the number 1 complaint, that people are saying it's fine and cross that I dare document and bring it up.

ah yep that would have been me. My game fully crashed unfortunately.

I know those things that happened are big factors, but when it wasn't doing that stuff I felt we were having a decent enough game.
Yeah wasn't too bad aside from the bugs/animation fails. Was quite odd when i kicked a point near the end of the first quarter and play didn't restart at all. I was running through the crowd with Motlop searching for the ball lol

Just on your earlier comment about the ball moving forward out of tackles, I've found since the last patch if you're getting tackled and want to keep it moving, holding L2 + pressing the handball button (Clearance handball) is super OP. Almost always can get rid of it out of a tackle using that method.

It's surprising to me that unresponsive controls are not the number 1 complaint and that people are saying it's fine.
Nothing bugging me more right now than player movement. Actually shocked that no one else is mentioning this aside from yourself. Turning circles are huge, players still run backward, sprinting doesn't work half the time when tracking a loose ball, then your player will increase speed by 200% all of a sudden when he's got possesion. However people still think this game is "playable".

IMG_3304.jpeg
Had a fun game mucking around on my lunch break. On PS so still waiting on weekend updates. Managed to lay a few tackles and chipped the ball around for last minute which was great - couldn’t ever get a good string in Evo 2. But my god, still cannot figure out rucks/hitouts or tackles in the middle

Nothing bugging me more right now than player movement. Actually shocked that no one else is mentioning this aside from yourself. Turning circles are huge, players still run backward, sprinting doesn't work half the time when tracking a loose ball, then your player will increase speed by 200% all of a sudden when he's got possesion. However people still think this game is "playable".
By definition it literally is unplayable when the player you selected literally stops moving, when you're commanding them to move with your analog stick.

He's raising issues because no one else is. No one is going on about the turning of players despite actually being a major issue. Until Big Ant can rectify the situation, then there shouldn't be a problem with him raising it.

It has been raised many times, not sure where you're getting that from. I've mentioned it in all of my recent feedback posts and I've seen others do the same.

I have no problem with issues being raised, as I've stated that's constructive. What's not constructive is banging on about how unplayable it is. I've had a peak at his Steam account he's up to 20 hours already. A lot of hours into a game that's "unplayable" 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back