Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Lol in real time while playing you can't even notice this, how does this affect gameplay exactly?
There's more important things I am sure they are focusing on at the moment. Hope you have sent these videos to their support though as they can look at it there. Their support team won't see it from here anyway.

Does anyone know if Michael Walters has tattoos yet?

I struggle big time with goals on the run. Within 35-40 metres I’m fine, but don’t think I’ve had a single kick from outside or close to 50 make the distance
I have no idea how I'm going to get the goal from 60m Trophy. If I have a ping from 50 it's getting marked in the goal square every time. Maybe I need to trophy hunt on Easiest instead of trying to get it organically.

Loving the game just wondering if Collingwood & Essendon will get there anzac guernsey as freo and Carlton have new guernseys in the game but we don’t have to 2 main Anzac Guernseys
What new guernseys does Carlton have? They haven't worn anything "new" this season...

Ongoing discussions?

So state leagues/a proper managment mode was never ready for launch in April May regardless of whatever happened to make the launch a mess?
Literally everything to this point has been ongoing discussions based on community feedback because we’re beta testers
Some people just don’t like this narrative though

I have no idea how I'm going to get the goal from 60m Trophy. If I have a ping from 50 it's getting marked in the goal square every time. Maybe I need to trophy hunt on Easiest instead of trying to get it organically.
Hawthorn doesn't even have any big lads capable of whacking a kick that big. Maybe Mitch Lewis? Tex would the Crows only real option in game I'd imagine. Hopefully when wind kicks in a bit more this will be easier

PS: Much better than spamming this thread with gifs, etc. that actually don't help us move the game forward.
While I do understand this point of view, as the thread is not really monitored much, GoldbergsGold has also been submitting so many tickets to the Support website to help, as well as posting here to show the masses what he's experiencing. I don't think he should be shamed for posting GIFs here at all.

Extremely curious about the depth of these tactics that are going to be implemented last week.. errr I mean whenever they get implemented

Issue is that the AI to me seems like they ALWAYS make the same plays
It’s extremely predictable now (not that it matters when you can’t switch players or move them to where you want at times) but still
Makes me wonder if these ‘tactics’ will be effective or if they’re just there for aesthetics like on the first Evo game
I felt like Evo 2 had the best tactics to date (not that they were very good) but I’d be disappointed if AFL23’s isn’t better

I have no idea how I'm going to get the goal from 60m Trophy.
I did it on easiest and just kept using torps from inside the centre square and I’ve nailed a few. You just need to get some clearance from the AI or they’ll run you down every time.

While I do understand this point of view, as the thread is not really monitored much, GoldbergsGold has also been submitting so many tickets to the Support website to help, as well as posting here to show the masses what he's experiencing. I don't think he should be shamed for posting GIFs here at all.

Agreed 100% No one (outside the programmers and QA etc at big ant of course) has done more to fix this game than GoldbergsGold. Pressuring him to stop sharing gifs is the last thing anyone should be doing. It's extremely valuable to see what still needs to be fixed, to know if the issues people are experiencing are widespread or somehow unique to them, and to help those on the fence (or on Xbox) to see if the game is worth picking up yet. Especially as there are so many patches coming out, they're the best way to see progress on specific issues like the handball glitch etc.

He's submitting tickets too, so it's not like QA are ignorant of what he's sharing. But this way we all get a better understanding of the real state of the game rather than posts like "this game is awesome!" or "this game sucks!"

Keep sharing your gifs GoldbergsGold!

Hello BigAntStudios
I’m also having the issue where commentary stops and you have to quit out at the end of a qtr also. This doesn’t trigger a crash even when left for a long time. Is there an effective way of logging this with support? As the crash reports are easy but this issue isn’t causing an actual crash, for me at least.

I was thinking that’s why everything is showing it’s more stable but this could still be happening to a few of us.

Appreciate the efforts! Game is very enjoyable 🫡

Agreed 100% No one (outside the programmers and QA etc at big ant of course) has done more to fix this game than GoldbergsGold. Pressuring him to stop sharing gifs is the last thing anyone should be doing. It's extremely valuable to see what still needs to be fixed, to know if the issues people are experiencing are widespread or somehow unique to them, and to help those on the fence (or on Xbox) to see if the game is worth picking up yet. Especially as there are so many patches coming out, they're the best way to see progress on specific issues like the handball glitch etc.

He's submitting tickets too, so it's not like QA are ignorant of what he's sharing. But this way we all get a better understanding of the real state of the game rather than posts like "this game is awesome!" or "this game sucks!"

Keep sharing your gifs GoldbergsGold!
My hope with him sharing the gifs is that those of us in this thread see them, realise we have the same issue and also report it to BigAnt. Some of us get bugs and just think "probably just me" and don't bother reporting them, but seeing others with the same problems makes you more inclined to raise the ticket. Would be an entirely different story if Goldberg wasn't reporting to BigAnt like all the facebook/twitter campaigners who just spam videos/gifs aren't, but we're getting the best of both worlds here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello BigAntStudios
I’m also having the issue where commentary stops and you have to quit out at the end of a qtr also. This doesn’t trigger a crash even when left for a long time. Is there an effective way of logging this with support? As the crash reports are easy but this issue isn’t causing an actual crash, for me at least.

I was thinking that’s why everything is showing it’s more stable but this could still be happening to a few of us.

Appreciate the efforts! Game is very enjoyable 🫡
I screen recorded it after it happened (PS5 lets you capture the last 15-30 seconds) and submitted it in a ticket. They're aware and are trying to investigate the issue, but if you can record the video and then send it off, the more the better

My hope with him sharing the gifs is that those of us in this thread see them, realise we have the same issue and also report it to BigAnt. Some of us get bugs and just think "probably just me" and don't bother reporting them, but seeing others with the same problems makes you more inclined to raise the ticket. Would be an entirely different story if Goldberg wasn't reporting to BigAnt like all the facebook/twitter campaigners who just spam videos/gifs aren't, but we're getting the best of both worlds here.

Yep exactly. I can think of reasons why you wouldn't want the gifs being shared, but none of them are good.

BigAntStudios would you be able to clarify why licensed players cant have their stats edited? Is that solely a Champion Data rule? I’m assuming it has to be since editing a real players stats isn’t technically the same thing as editing their likeness would be…? I’m just finding it odd lol thanks.

Magpiesfooty98 has made a gameplay video of some of the custom teams I made from the Northern Areas Football Association (South Australia) for those interested.

The SANFL songs sound awesome. I only wish i could get them on PC.

I've got SVG Files of the 2004 SANFL but i don't know how to send them though here, also i don't know how convert them to 400 or less

BigAntStudios would you be able to clarify why licensed players cant have their stats edited? Is that solely a Champion Data rule? I’m assuming it has to be since editing a real players stats isn’t technically the same thing as editing their likeness would be…? I’m just finding it odd lol thanks.
They're probably all coded to cop the instant updates from champion data when they push that - if we're manually hijacking that player, it probs kills the automation and causes headaches

Is anyone able to match AI for tackling? I'm absolutely hopeless at it and lose counts 5-40 most of the time. Makes ground ball defence inside 50 absolutely impossible and an automatic goal for oppo every time.

Is this a common thing or am I just particulary bad at it?

Is anyone able to match AI for tackling? I'm absolutely hopeless at it and lose counts 5-40 most of the time. Makes ground ball defence inside 50 absolutely impossible and an automatic goal for oppo every time.

I've heard quite a few people say that tackling stats are massively in favour of AI.

I'm shocking at it. I can catch some good ones but really have to hold triangle and hope for the best

Had a pretty nice and smooth animation of a screamer. If the delayed movement of Darcy was slight earlier would have been perfect
That's like a mirror of my kids hitting each other. Fist connects, two seconds later the one moves and starts rolling on the floor

Nope, they just seem to get absolutely everything to spill out. It's also quite annoying because even when being tackled their disposals are still dead accurate. That's not proper difficulty, that's just bullshit.

Also there have definitely been times where the AI should've been pinged. I checked the replay a few times and in some cases they quite literally do just drop it, I'm hoping this is just a bug but at the same time it's embarrasing that it's not already in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back