Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Xbox announcement has to be tomorrow correct? Given last Friday it was within 7 days. Will anything regarding Pro Team be announced/released along with this BigAntStudios ?
If there's no announcement tomorrow, I'm giving up and getting F1 instead.

Only official communication I've received was from EB saying the release was pushed back to "early June" well that's been and gone and there's still zero communication from BA.

I understand the NDA's exist. But to have got absolutely nothing is beyond a joke

If there's no announcement tomorrow, I'm giving up and getting F1 instead.

Only official communication I've received was from EB saying the release was pushed back to "early June" well that's been and gone and there's still zero communication from BA.

I understand the NDA's exist. But to have got absolutely nothing is beyond a joke
Yeah same, if the announcement doesn't come tomorrow im going to be finished with Big Ant, it will be past pathetic at that point

Technically incorrect. Within 7 days would be any time before 9.59am tomorrow, which is 7 days from the original tweet.
Just thinking back on this, the whole thing is extremely strange. Giving a timeframe of ā€œwithin 7 daysā€ and then taking it right up to the 11th hour just seems so odd.

Did they know the news 7 days ago, have they still not been updated themselves, is it actually Microsoft holding things up?

So many questions. Iā€™m intrigued to see what follows!

Did they know the news 7 days ago, have they still not been updated themselves, is it actually Microsoft holding things up?

Part of me really wants to believe that they donā€™t know since Ross himself said ā€˜as soon as we know, we will let you all knowā€™ on the delay prior to the May 5th release for PC/PS5 but also if theyā€™ve known and held out until the last minute then Iā€™m not sure what the motivation is for that. At this point, youā€™d think given the botched game and its release, that Big Ant would do as much as possible to swing the narrative and have their customers back on their side instead of losing out hope for what we were promised in the first place.

Part of me really wants to believe that they donā€™t know since Ross himself said ā€˜as soon as we know, we will let you all knowā€™ on the delay prior to the May 5th release for PC/PS5 but also if theyā€™ve known and held out until the last minute then Iā€™m not sure what the motivation is for that. At this point, youā€™d think given the botched game and its release, that Big Ant would do as much as possible to swing the narrative and have their customers back on their side instead of losing out hope for what we were promised in the first place.
Part of me hopes the Xbox is released before NSW school holidays (I just remembered differnt states, different weeks). I know it will keep my young bloke busy for hours. Apparently we get a bit rowdy and the missus gets mildly offended. ;)

Part of me really wants to believe that they donā€™t know since Ross himself said ā€˜as soon as we know, we will let you all knowā€™ on the delay
Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ve heard something unless heā€™s pulled the ā€œwithin 7 daysā€ out of thin air.

Now if he knew anything at all when that Tweet was put out 6 days 13hrs ago surely they know more at this point given weā€™re literally on the 7 day doorstep.

Or if he was told he could release an update in 7 days, why add the ā€œwithinā€?

Iā€™m just baffled. Has this ever happened with a game release before?

You know, the more I play this game online the more I'm convinced that some of the "bugs" I encounter are actually my fault in a way.

It's hard to explain, but not using the correct tackle modifier or pass modifier or paying serious attention to timing makes a huge difference. I'm still experimenting with tackle types and how long to hold the tackle button (seems like if you let go of the tackle as they dispose of the ball you can get a free, hard to time when to let go though). I notice I get alot of incorrect disposal against me if I try to do a clearance kick or handball instead of a regular disposal while tackled too.... not sure why that is.

Ruck tip - pay attention to where the circle is after the umpire bounces the ball, because it generally veers in a direction. Its not just for throw ins. I think positioning and tap direction matters more than many realise. Rule of thumb for me is to tap the ball in the same direction as its heading eg. if it's slightly to your left, hit it left.

I seem to win more than half of ruck contests with Reeves and Meek so hoping those tips help someone.

You mean once I give up a night and make them for you? Happy to let someone else have a go. Between here and Facebook you have a lot of "requests"
this will be the last one for a while, sorry about that there's just a lot of teams i've been wanting to make :)
also couldn't you convert them into SVG's and upload them then? just curious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this will be the last one for a while, sorry about that there's just a lot of teams i've been wanting to make :)
also couldn't you convert them into SVG's and upload them then? just curious
I've heard it all before mate. Apologies then more demands.
I spend the time to make you something and then you keep asking for more and more. Making SVG files takes a while. Tracing in Illustrator does take a while.
How about you have a go. Download Inkscape (free program) and have a go. You might even enjoy it..

I did say I was going to finish up on this thread but this situation with how long it's taken for patches to come out and the fact that we've been told we'd get news on the Xbox Release within 7 days and we haven't gotten it.

This has just gotten really bizarre. I have no clue what the hell has happened with the game and the management of it.

Like... Despite some of the issues that some previous Big Ant games have had, They've never been this bad with time management... Have they? I've never heard of them announcing that they'd announce something and then not announce it before...

I'm starting to think that they have both A. Spread themselves too thin in terms of development and B. Seem to be really struggling with time management. I never thought I'd see a game developer seemingly have as bad of time management skills as I do... And I'm just some guy who has ASD. Not a game developer that has had a normally good track record of Video Games.

What the hell is even going on here??? I'm not even angry... I'm just perplexed on what the hell has happened at Big Ant HQ and how things got into this complete mess. This is full on unsalvageable at this point IMO. Even if the game gets fixed which I hope it does and it seems to be getting there slowly, I just don't think the interest is going to be there for it when it's all fixed.

I'm just kinda lost for words guys... What the hell has happened here and what the hell is going on there? Something has seemingly gone horribly wrong, and things are a complete and utter mess and are so much of a mess that we can't even get an announcement for another announcement without doubt on whether we're gonna get that other announcement. It's complete amateur hour and not even close to where this company was even a few years ago.

I just don't understand...

Not sure I should respond on here to those that seem to have a broken stopwatch or aren't too good at math... I guess this is not the place to let the facts get in the way. Really is a dire, negative bubble on here for some, thankfully not representative of the many that are actually enjoying the game, giving positive and constructive criticism, and making the game better.

1686854476815.png

Pro-Tip: Never "celebrate" before the siren.

Advising people of exactly what is going on is subject to NDA and I cannot disclose it, but for those that want to search what has been the case with other split releases, or games that have become exclusive, they will no doubt find the answers.

There is incredible motivation for us to get Xbox in people's hands asap, but there is also a reality that we do not want to add a fourth and fifth set of patches to have to routinely make (especially not daily), and unless every system is on the same build then cross-play will not work, and Xbox will need that as they are only <20% of the market.

On ps4 have had a really good experience in season mode last few days. I havent had any of the old problems i was experiencing like my ai not manning up well, teleporting tacklers, or stuck players in marking zone pr jostling for a mark or at all tonight. I was kind of bewildered because i had been experiencing all of those things like others, and also pains like tthe centre bounce roving being difficult to get clear in, and marking being questionable. Last night the game played almost exactly like i would hope, except on 2 occasions across 3 games my defense players went walkabout feom their oppostion and they scored an easy goal twice. Pleasantly i worked out the roving game and could win that usually with a few handballs side and back then fast run u turn and go forward. I even grabbed the ball from ruck and sprinted out of centre a couple of times. Also did a nice intercept from half back with sam walsh, handballed over the player that came at me and regained possession, ran to 50m with one bounce and kicked the goal from 50. Felt really awesome a few of the plays. I have cpme to think nothing was patched in last few days, so i feel my timing and familiararity with the buttons, and just learning the game a bit was causing a lot of the gameplay issues i was having. Things like the timing of marking (and approaching the marking contest), and not pressing other buttons when tryimg to get a quick handball off (and being faster with that action) makes huge differences in outcome. Its also not a good idea to do a 180 degree change pf direction as that really slows u down. Better to sprint in a arc motion with the jotstick, doing a wide u turn. I even had 3 holding the balls against compiuter ai tonight in one game which is a first for me. Nice, but i still had a fair amount of tackles that should have been htb also but was stupidly play on. Istill cant understand the goal on the run meter. Definately cant make out what its indicating on a 65" tv. I have tried to teial and error it and best i can make out is to short tap so you are low/early on the guage. Can anyone with a bigger tv see it any better to explqin it to me please? Have decoded the sweet spot on the second set shot meter is the darker blue area. One thing i have a gripe with is sonetimes when you handball recieve, ot slows your player woth the ball a bit too long. Not sure yet if its dependant on direction u facing when recieving ball or not. Possibly its just that i guess.
Just hoping too..BigAntStudios.. would it be possible to request changing Tom De Konings hair to medium long with a headband? He currently has a crewcut in the game and it bothers me nore than i like to admit. Haha. Really enjoyed my games of afl23 last night and i hope it doesnt go backwards from here, and maybee even gets better with more bug fixes and content.
Cheers

Advising people of exactly what is going on is subject to NDA and I cannot disclose it, but for those that want to search what has been the case with other split releases, or games that have become exclusive, they will no doubt find the answers.

There is incredible motivation for us to get Xbox in people's hands asap, but there is also a reality that we do not want to add a fourth and fifth set of patches to have to routinely make (especially not daily), and unless every system is on the same build then cross-play will not work, and Xbox will need that as they are only <20% of the market.

Thank you for responding and clarifying whats going on. As I said, I didnā€™t believe you were holding back on us and I get that an NDA being a legal matter would limit what you can say. Iā€™ll definitely do some research later today on split releases as it baffles me how/why they happen. Cheers Ross.

Edit - BigAntStudios could you possibly advise us on when Training/Tutorial mode will be available for PC/PS? I definitely need it sooner rather than later šŸ¤£ thanks.

Last edited:
Really is a dire, negative bubble on here for some, thankfully not representative of the many that are actually enjoying the game, giving positive and constructive criticism, and making the game better.

If there's nothing positive posted, then negative will fill the space. This is the only "channel" that I see you in. I've monitored thousands of pages of absolute garbage looking for an update for xbox users and there hasn't been any until the below.
I didn't realise that xbox market share was so small. That does explain a few things, but also the tone of this post suggests that the news that is coming is likely to be further delays. If xbox users are waiting until the patches slow down (ie "stable" build) then it's hard not to assume it's another 3-4 weeks away. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Not sure I should respond on here to those that seem to have a broken stopwatch or aren't too good at math... I guess this is not the place to let the facts get in the way. Really is a dire, negative bubble on here for some, thankfully not representative of the many that are actually enjoying the game, giving positive and constructive criticism, and making the game better.

View attachment 1713846

Pro-Tip: Never "celebrate" before the siren.
God forbid Big Ant run a second late

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back