Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does the blue controlled team stop moving all the time? Is that against another person who just stopped playing? Sometimes even the red controlled team stops moving.
I think you’ll find he might be playing as both teams with two different controllers.

Did something like that when AFL live came out as a kid, when family and friends weren’t able to play.

I'm slowly getting closer to beating the AI on hardest. Playing about one game a week while slowly editing all the team ratings and I've gone from losing by 60 on 5 minute quarters about month ago to only 12 points today.

One longstanding issue I have though (mainly on hardest, it's less of an issue on lower difficulties but I find hard way too easy tbh) is with the goalkicking system. I think the current system is good for on the run shots but pretty bad for snaps and goalkicking in congestion (which, let's be real, is most of the time on hardest). The problem is that it takes so long to charge up a kick to make sure it has a chance of being a goal and the animation speed is so slow (especially for snaps) that it's almost impossible to get a kick off without being run down. You can have 5 metres on an opponent but it because it takes a good 3 second to have a snap at goal the defender will inevitably catch you before you can get a kick off. And that's just nothing like real footy. The best forwards and players are capable of getting a snap off even under pressure in a split second, whereas a goal like Toby Greene's winner against Sydney this year would never happen in AFL 23 because by the time you're halfway through charging the kick to even get it on target you'd be tackled. And that's not to mention when your player is at the end of the snap animation and about to kick the ball, gets tackled and then suddenly doesn't kick it and gets pinged for holding the ball, which is beyond frustrating. And not that it should be really easy or a certain goal but it shouldn't be so hard to kick a goal from 20 metres out directly in front when the defenders aren't within 5 metres of you. Ideally there should be some way to get a quick snap off that takes into account the player's goalkicking attribute, shot location and pressure (which funnily enough is what Evo 2 did)

Rant over lol

I think you’ll find he might be playing as both teams with two different controllers.

Did something like that when AFL live came out as a kid, when family and friends weren’t able to play.

If I get really bored I'll make a team get a 20+ goal lead
Then switch teams at half time and try to beat my own score :p

Anyone had any luck returning the game to EB Games on the basis of missing game modes, bugs etc?
It's on JB Hi-Fi trade in list so you can trade it in with another game on the list to get a new release free.

I'd do it before JB realise it's on there, I did the same with AEW: Fight Forever. The guy was shocked it was on the list and I screamed no take backs.

The whole Xbox situation is a debacle. Don't think I've seen it before?
I do hope there is someone out there looking for this ship/plane/blimp that was carrying the discs. Seems we have a missing vessel on our hands and nobody cares. :rolleyes:

I do hope there is someone out there looking for this ship/plane/blimp that was carrying the discs. Seems we have a missing vessel on our hands and nobody cares. :rolleyes:
Maybe someone will find it hidden on a ship or on a planet whilst playing starfield. 🤷🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those on Xbox, you’re not missing anything. Its a garbage game. I just deleted it off my PS5 to make room for NBA 2K24 and Spider-Man 2 anyhow. Don’t think its gonna be too missed 🤣🙋🏻‍♂️
Look for someone who personally doesn’t enjoy Evo 2, I am still patiently waiting to give AFL 23 a go regardless. Hoping for a different strokes, difference folks type of experience 🤞 🤷🏻 Hopefully it comes alongside pro team whenever that gets released. But who knows anymore.

Last edited:
Look for someone who personally doesn’t enjoy Evo 2, I am still patiently waiting to give AFL 23 a go regardless. Hoping for a different strokes, difference folks type of experience 🤞 🤷🏻 Hopefully it comes alongside pro team whenever that gets released. But who knows anymore.
I think like most of us were, you're hoping the game might be a step up from Evo 2. It isn't. 4 months later and bugs still make this game unenjoyable. Teleporting players, players still getting stuck or stopping when handballed to and then run down. Game still crashing at random times. The list is never ending. The complaint is not aimed at the game only but also at Bigant. They have burnt a lot of people and karma is a bitch.

As FearTheBeard13 has done, I also will be deleting the turd sandwich that is AFL 23. It will not be missed at all.

You might be lucky and get the 2nd only 100% working game behind Freo16

I can still see posts (even from up til today) asking about the Xbox release on their forums.
I don't think it's the topic that's taboo in the eyes of BA...but rather the excessive posting or outright abusive nature of the posts that are being deleted.
If only there was something they could do which would stop the same question being asked...

You're better off waiting for a sequel if they make one, then dissect it carefully. 23 is an unfinished game.

JNT BA
You're better off waiting for a sequel if they make one, then dissect it carefully. 23 is an unfinished game.
... and missing a lot of features that should've been included e.g. Proteam, Single player career etc.

The lack of depth for the management mode is a big disappointment also plus the sheer unforgiving bugs the game still has 4 months later.

EAFC ultimate team is 2 weeks away & I think NBAs 2k is out soon too along with madden already out (unsure if NHL has it)

Don’t see many Aussie sports gamers adding Pro team to their list of “investments”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mate the cricket World Cup is on very soon and Ross confirmed crickets release date is the 5th October. As if they won’t be pouring everything they can into making sure this game is good to go from now until then given the money maker it will be to the Indian market in particular.

Very much doubt anything worthwhile will be done for AFL until next season now.

Mate the cricket World Cup is on very soon and Ross confirmed crickets release date is the 5th October.
That game was meant to come out during the Ashes, and yet I still have grave fears it might not be released til the beginning of the Australian cricket summer or Big Bash League, given the disgrace BigAnt have been this year.

Mate the cricket World Cup is on very soon and Ross confirmed crickets release date is the 5th October. As if they won’t be pouring everything they can into making sure this game is good to go from now until then given the money maker it will be to the Indian market in particular.

Very much doubt anything worthwhile will be done for AFL until next season now.

Everything Big Ant does just screams of rushing products for certain dates in order to cash in... why not just release a product when it's good to go? Then the sales will take care of themselves..

That game was meant to come out during the Ashes, and yet I still have grave fears it might not be released til the beginning of the Australian cricket summer or Big Bash League, given the disgrace BigAnt have been this year.
BA have delayed AFL 23 countless times, already delayed Rugby 24, and essentially delayed Cricket 24 (lucky they never put their intended date on the product). Might help if they had better marketing and strategy teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back