Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they had some tactical mechanic where you could place your players in the middle where you wanted, unlike most others. I don't know why no AFL game has no formation customization, or commands for the players, ie man-up, zone.
I don't understand why Bigant haven't allowed you to change the positions that the players are listed as e.g. be to change James Sicily's main position to full forward and half forward as secondary etc. The game annoyed me when you had auto interchanges and your ruck would be interchanged with a forward pocket or something similar. Makes no sense.

Also simple tactical moves during the game. You're up by 3 points and 2 minutes left you should be able to set flood backline after bounce etc.

Be able to select ruck man to play in defensive 50, follow the ball or play up forward. Have the forwards play up beyond fifty and leave the full forward one out in the fifty. Be able to choose your defenders play in front, side by side or from behind.

Maybe just simple things like injuries and suspensions during a played game not just a simulated game. This is ridiculous.

Also simple tactical moves during the game. You're up by 3 points and 2 minutes left you should be able to set flood backline after bounce etc.
When I was playing 23 after playing eFootball, I kept wanting to do all out defense by pressing the D-pad, but no option. Custom formations should be a requirement, so you can add more players behind the ball or create your own customized blockades.

Maybe just simple things like injuries and suspensions during a played game not just a simulated game. This is ridiculous.
I canā€™t understand why that isnā€™t even occurring in games, well I can but that doesnā€™t sound as good when Iā€™m complaining. The animation is there Iā€™ve seen players have a fit on the ground after a tackle just doesnā€™t get counted. Unless theyā€re sinking in the mud. šŸ¤” Yeah must be that.

Yeah Iā€™m saying that the movement or flow in a game is a factor of tons of different combinations of animations and transitions/blending between themā€¦ so while some transitions have been fixed up (as with the ā€˜movementā€™ patch), others still existā€¦ but they are probably less noticeable or less common than the ones fixed.

It definitely flowed a lot better after that patch though.
I feel like this is a major factor as to why sliders havenā€™t/wonā€™t be introduced. Could be completely off the mark, but imagine the endless amount of new glitches and motion issues when they canā€™t even get the base at a solid point

I just want to give Big Ant a big hug and tell them it'll be ok. I'm actually enjoying Cricket 24, even with the player licensing delays. I think it's always been a great cricket game. I think with AFL23, all they need is a few gameplay patches just to fine tune it, like you would a car that needs some mods and servicing and they are back on the train again.

They clearly had a hectic year with so many things happening, and I remember the days of AFL Live in 2011/12/13 etc when there was a positive community for that game and Ross would come in here and it was a nice thing. Just know that a lot of us want to see you guys up and about and winning and i hope you can get all your games to a standard that you want and the fans want when you can.

It tore me apart seeing all the issues, initial reviews/reactions during that first week debacle and the game came along way since then, but i do hope you can give us an update on what you intend for the future game at some point. I think you have a good game, it just needs some work on the gameplay aspects and modes. There's a lot of positive aspects about the game, it's just the gameplay could do with some fine tuning, like you would a car.

I also hope your publisher is looking after you and providing the resources you need to approach these games as best you can. Anyway, best of luck.

Last edited:
I just want to give Big Ant a big hug and tell them it'll be ok. I'm actually enjoying Cricket 24, even with the player licensing delays. I think it's always been a great cricket game. I think with AFL23, all they need is a few gameplay patches just to fine tune it, like you would a car that needs some mods and servicing and they are back on the train again.

They clearly had a hectic year with so many things happening, and I remember the days of AFL Live in 2011/12/13 etc when there was a positive community for that game and Ross would come in here and it was a nice thing. Just know that a lot of us want to see you guys up and about and winning and i hope you can get all your games to a standard that you want and the fans want when you can.

It tore me apart seeing all the issues, initial reviews/reactions during that first week debacle and the game came along way since then, but i do hope you can give us an update on what you intend for the future game at some point. I think you have a good game, it just needs some work on the gameplay aspects and modes. There's a lot of positive aspects about the game, it's just the gameplay could do with some fine tuning, like you would a car.

I also hope your publisher is looking after you and providing the resources you need to approach these games as best you can. Anyway, best of luck.
There was a positive community because the game was decent and he who shall not be named wasnā€™t taking pot shots at his customers
Would not be the slightest bit sad if BigAnt entered administration

There was a positive community because the game was decent and he who shall not be named wasnā€™t taking pot shots at his customers
It's such a turn of events. I was initially very excited for them to win back the license, because I thought they were going to really take advantage of it and make sure the game would emulate the sport in ways we haven't seen before with advanced mechanics simulating most of the aspects of the sport, but they just rushed the game out completely broken and vastly inferior to the previous titles. I never would have thought that, this time last year. I was expecting a 2024 release, the early 2023 release and the money/labour wasted on photogrammetry/photography did raise my eyebrows, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, because of Live 2011, thinking perhaps the game somehow had been in development since maybe 2020, since we didn't really know when development began.

Last edited:

Lmao I'll never understand why some go easy on BA. Is it because they're an Aussie developer or because they make AFL "games"? I really don't get it.

I hope they go under, they deserve it!

But I was told I could get a Dustin Fletcher in Pro Team. šŸ˜¢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I want to play AFL anytime soon, but does that kinda imply they aren't improving the game anymore? Just adding pro team presumably and tweaking lists? How good....
Hard to say, I think proteam was planned to be released at launch so that it would cover the costs of patches/updates to this game, they lost a whole season of potential revenue and at bare minimum breaking even. No company would budget to cover the amount of patches they did this season. Wouldnā€˜t expect them too either. We could be surprised but I think youā€™re spot on with it just being very minor things. Which is disappointing, but expected. Proteam will probably be a tester when it comes out next year for the next game. Letā€™s hope that one isnā€™t a shitshow.

If they actually release pro-team absolutely no one should pump dollars into it.

Scared Not Me GIF

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

I hope they go under, they deserve it!

While I understand the frustration at the game and communication, Iā€™d say this is too extreme.

As someone that worked in the industry for a company that went into administration, it was absolutely horrible for 100-odd people to suddenly be left without a job.
And it wasnā€™t through our individual lack of effort either. We all spent late nights and weekends working to deadlines, as Big Ant did after the broken release (and possibly earlier throughout development too).
Our devs were passionate, and wanted the best games possible, as Iā€™m sure most developers are at these companies.
Going into administration means innocent jobs of hard working individuals are lost, and produces a saturated job market, making it hard to find other opportunities elsewhereā€¦and for my company, after working 60+ hour weeks, that meant some parents couldnā€™t guarantee a way to put food on the table for their kids (quite literally had that chat with one particular friend at the time, not an exaggeration).

So yeah, understandable frustration at the game, or at Ross, or at how itā€™s been handledā€¦ but for the sake of my $79 game, I wouldnā€™t wish that for Big Ant or any other game company.

While I understand the frustration at the game and communication, Iā€™d say this is too extreme.

As someone that worked in the industry for a company that went into administration, it was absolutely horrible for 100-odd people to suddenly be left without a job.
And it wasnā€™t through our individual lack of effort either. We all spent late nights and weekends working to deadlines, as Big Ant did after the broken release (and possibly earlier throughout development too).
Our devs were passionate, and wanted the best games possible, as Iā€™m sure most developers are at these companies.
Going into administration means innocent jobs of hard working individuals are lost, and produces a saturated job market, making it hard to find other opportunities elsewhereā€¦and for my company, after working 60+ hour weeks, that meant some parents couldnā€™t guarantee a way to put food on the table for their kids (quite literally had that chat with one particular friend at the time, not an exaggeration).

So yeah, understandable frustration at the game, or at Ross, or at how itā€™s been handledā€¦ but for the sake of my $79 game, I wouldnā€™t wish that for Big Ant or any other game company.
Couldnā€™t agree with this more

The fact that some people are wishing for the company to go under or even threatening Ross on twitter because they arenā€™t happy with an AFL game is unbelievable.

If you donā€™t like the game then forget about it and play something else, thereā€™s a disturbing level of obsession with some people and this game (or big ant in general)

If you're incompetent in what you do you shouldn't have a job. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them. They can go find another job or do something else in the meantime until they can get back into gaming somewhere else.

If you're incompetent in what you do you shouldn't have a job. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them. They can go find another job or do something else in the meantime until they can get back into gaming somewhere else.
It's mostly a producer issue. I've read from the developers they're not given any real direction, they're just told out of the blue from suggestions fans make from forums or Facebook, and they're using a custom game engine which just wastes time for the programmers.

It's mostly a producer issue. I've read from the developers they're not given any real direction, they're just told out of the blue from suggestions fans make from forums or Facebook, and they're using a custom game engine which just wastes time for the programmers.
Lmao, doesn't surprise me. Never seen a more amateurish group of people in my life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back