Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that this game doesnā€™t even play like modern football and the game that Ross publicly shat on does is enough for me to never touch this game again even if they release ProTeam.
They need to rework the AI and positioning and I donā€™t imagine this is on their to-do list.
I just hope AFL 25 actually plays like the modern game

Funny how Ross was banging on about how they had all these assistant coaches in to help write the AI. They must really love early 2000ā€™s footy šŸ˜…
It doesn't play like Football at all, not even from 20, 40, 60 or 100+ years ago. Gridiron video games play more like AFL with the contested play and movements. Catching the ball in an American football game with its fumbling and packs have more of a marking feeling than any AFL game, especially compared to 23.

Not only is 23's gameplay incredibly broken and honestly unplayable, it's super barebones and incredibly lacking in its gameplay with no custom formations, no individual instructions, no all out defence, defence, balance, attack, or all out attack commands, an emphasis on unrealistic 1v1 contests only, ie only 1v1 tackles and 1v1 marking contests. The new motion capture should have been a real great thing, but it's completely broken, it's always skipping and predetermined. The developers clearly don't want to touch it, or it'd break the game more.

It's unfortunate they couldn't have produced sequels in the 2010's to Live 2011, because it was a smarter and well designed base game, it just needed more work to it. 23 is clearly too broken to be fixed, it's like 2010's Final Fantasy 14 where it was unfixable, so they had to start all over again.

Last edited:
Havenā€™t been on here or the game for months.
Just checking in. Any good yet?
If you haven't played the game in months, the game is where you left it. I'll let you draw your own conclusion on that

If you haven't played the game in months, the game is where you left it. I'll let you draw your own conclusion on that
love actually i think its crap colin GIF

Replace Nacon with Big Ant and The Milo guy with the fans.
haha yeah in all honesty it's probably both the high ups at BA and Nacon as the main fella, and the fans that are the milo operators (I'm sure there'd be a dev or 2 from BA in the milo camp too but they're probably more just chasing a break). Either way, I'm disappointed in both Nacon and BA. Honestly thought the buyout would be great as we had an international company backing the company making the AFL game, but things are only going backwards. Hopefully they can finish pumping out rugby and tennis, take a break, and then figure out how to make the next AFL game (and cricket i'd imagine) what we were promised.

Just need to reiterate that going to the effort for yearly player scans is a waste of resources/time/development and player time as well. Do that stuff after significant development in the gameplay. The game should be addictive, not justifiable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that this game doesnā€™t even play like modern football and the game that Ross publicly shat on does is enough for me to never touch this game again even if they release ProTeam.
They need to rework the AI and positioning and I donā€™t imagine this is on their to-do list.
I just hope AFL 25 actually plays like the modern game

Funny how Ross was banging on about how they had all these assistant coaches in to help write the AI. They must really love early 2000ā€™s footy šŸ˜…
I doubt there will be a AFL 25, because they've probably lost heaps of money on AFL. If it were to happen, I highly doubt they'd actually make the contested play and tactics advanced and exactly like the real sport. Adding new animations and AI commands could make the game break even more. You'd be lucky if they'd fix all the bugs and glitches of the user commands and player movements. It's in a completely wrecked state that requires a complete overhaul.

When are they going to release the version of the game that was available to the Streamers early? That was seemingly the benchmark they've been striving to hit ever since they released the game properly.
That looked glitchy and worse than its current state, we were critical of that demo at the time, too, with the developer insisting it was nothing like the final product. Then some kept hoodwinking people into thinking that demo was much better, but you can see it has the same movement issues and even worse glitches than it does now. We should have known, too, they weren't releasing proper uninterrupted in game gameplay footage that didn't come from a phone's camera like they had in the past.

Last edited:
Havenā€™t touched the game for 6 months, but no doubt with footy soon arriving the urge and excitement begins. You just wonder why big ant can never do things on time, you just no there update will be post the start of the season, but gee im happy to be wrong

Game has promise, itā€™s just upsetting for a sports creating company, they miss so much that should be the norm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The fact that theyve launched their last two titles as console specific betas says it all really, took too many things on and have vastly under cooked the product as a result.
And it's a massive shame, since they clearly did have a budget, but it was wasted on "the presentation" and even that isn't anywhere near close to FIFA or Madden's level. Had they poured that money, time and labour into the gameplay and just used something like Unreal Engine instead of a custom engine, they could have easily adapted a good chunk of Aussie Rules elements for the first time into a video game. It's actually shocking how barebones the game mechanics are, like unrealistic forced glued 1v1 wrestling mark contests that 9/10 end in a perfect mark on top of the endless bugs and glitches.

The fact that theyve launched their last two titles as console specific betas says it all really, took too many things on and have vastly under cooked the product as a result.

And it was an incredibly obvious outcome that people didn't want to accept. Too busy massaging the ego of a snake oil salesman.

hi everyone

deliberately took a break from here because of the disappointment of the release and the potential to completely screw up future releases and development of a afl video game

i remember back when ross announced that big ant was taking over development, that this was going to be a long partnership with the afl, a ground up dev approach and that it had so much potential to continue development and improve the game over new releases (afl24, afl25 etc. )

now iā€™m back and the shit storm of the apparent cash grab rush and deploy approach has subsidedā€¦. where are we at?

did ross provide a debrief of what took place? will there ever be another afl game again?

he blocked me on twitter so i canā€™t even have a conversation with him

Ross said they follow the Nintendo model so never expect to see them on a significant sale.
That's fine if you're, y'know, Nintendo.

hi everyone

deliberately took a break from here because of the disappointment of the release and the potential to completely screw up future releases and development of a afl video game

i remember back when ross announced that big ant was taking over development, that this was going to be a long partnership with the afl, a ground up dev approach and that it had so much potential to continue development and improve the game over new releases (afl24, afl25 etc. )

now iā€™m back and the s**t storm of the apparent cash grab rush and deploy approach has subsidedā€¦. where are we at?

did ross provide a debrief of what took place? will there ever be another afl game again?

he blocked me on twitter so i canā€™t even have a conversation with him
Weā€™re all in the dark about anything regarding AFL 23, let alone plans for future instalments
No explanation as to what happened either.

Weā€™re all in the dark about anything regarding AFL 23, let alone plans for future instalments
No explanation as to what happened either.
Yeah weren't we promised an interview with the streamer from this group in which Ross was going to go over everything that went wrong? I'm guessing that got shut down the second he typed it out

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back