Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is that? I think they make decent cricket games but they have a reputation of launching s**t products and having to spend weeks/months fixing it. AFL23 is probably the worst case of that happening.

In what conceivable way can anyone say this is a good game.when all it offers is Play Now games and one of the core modes, months after release, is still a bare bones product?
Pretty sure his message was in what heā€™d bolded. ie - You saying you havenā€™t seen anyone bagging BA in the thread then in the next post there you were bagging themā€¦ However, his post has conveniently been deleted now except for the one line youā€™ve quoted. This now leaves his reply with no context.

Pretty sure his message was in what heā€™d bolded. ie - You saying you havenā€™t seen anyone bagging BA in the thread then in the next post there you were bagging themā€¦ However, his post has conveniently been deleted now except for the one line youā€™ve quoted. This now leaves his reply with no context.
Bagging? No just being objective like you said. If they are objectively shit then why would I say otherwise? Some accountability from them would be nice, at least acknowledging they aren't up to it.

Their Cricket games are the only ones they seem to actually put the effort into to get right
This would be simply based on the fact that Bigant have a worldwide audience and a bigger revenue to make from Cricket compared to AFL23 or Rugby etc. Rugby would even be bigger than AFL 23 I'm guessing as far as sales go due to the popularity in NZ and UK plus South America and South Africa.

Ball drop to the left foot, kicks with the right

#wishicoulddothatatauskick

What kind of game doesn't let you run into a straight line to cut someone off ? AFL 23 that's the game!!

** Also copped a 50m penalty for my efforts :p

Last edited:
Do you use the trigger modifiers when you handball? Iā€™ve never seen anyone successfully pull off the bounce handball yet lol

Bounce handball is a cheap way to give the ball to the opposition immediately :p

I've barely used the modifiers/advanced controls, I've dribble kicked and done the banana/snap kicks on the run a few times. I find the button combos a bit confusing when trying to play the game at a fast pace (battling stuck in mud and teleport tackles etc).

Their Cricket games are the only ones they seem to actually put the effort into to get right, the Tennis and Rugby launches over the years have been pretty much as pathetic as AFL23, and even Cricket games which are their best product by a country mile have needed months of patching in past iterations, some people have their head in the sand regarding BA and others will just call it as it is.

I love the cricket games (well, 3/4) but they also are typically very sloppy on release

Don Bradman 14 - bowlers never regained fatigue so they bowled at 110 km/h after 3 overs and just got pummeled. Also issues with magnetic fielders, particularly caught and bowled.
Don Bradman 17 - just a generally bad game, a real step back
Cricket 19 - actually im going to be fair here but I can't remember the bugs on release or if they were significant...
Cricket 22 - initially a big step back from Cricket 19. Fielders were horrendous. Batsmen couldn't hit areas of the ground. Loads of issues but 90% got fixed and it became a terrific game.

Ball drop to the left foot, kicks with the right

#wishicoulddothatatauskick

What kind of game doesn't let you run into a straight line to cut someone off ? AFL 23 that's the game!!

** Also copped a 50m penalty for my efforts :p

How can you get a 50m penalty from a kickout? You can't move off the mark until they playon I thought. Has that been changed now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bounce handball is a cheap way to give the ball to the opposition immediately :p

I've barely used the modifiers/advanced controls, I've dribble kicked and done the banana/snap kicks on the run a few times. I find the button combos a bit confusing when trying to play the game at a fast pace (battling stuck in mud and teleport tackles etc).

I honestly forget there about modifiers until someone mentions them. Thereā€™s so many chances where there is a ball up near opps goals, ball spills out of the contest and Iā€™ve tried to soccer it through, the animations so slow and half the time my player goes to pick it up first before soccering it in. If they just kicked it straight away it would be such a good way to add excitement if the game is close etc.

Another more than likely me problem, If I pick it up after a ruck contest and try to score in the goal square with circle (PlayStation goal kick button)half the time Iā€™ll blast it out on the full 2 metres out. It should be slightly easier to score a quick goal out of a contest near the opps goal square. Anyone else have the same problems? Maybe the shooting bar doesnā€™t fill up quick enough, Iā€™ve got no clue

I honestly forget there about modifiers until someone mentions them. Thereā€™s so many chances where there is a ball up near opps goals, ball spills out of the contest and Iā€™ve tried to soccer it through, the animations so slow and half the time my player goes to pick it up first before soccering it in. If they just kicked it straight away it would be such a good way to add excitement if the game is close etc.

Another more than likely me problem, If I pick it up after a ruck contest and try to score in the goal square with circle (PlayStation goal kick button)half the time Iā€™ll blast it out on the full 2 metres out. It should be slightly easier to score a quick goal out of a contest near the opps goal square. Anyone else have the same problems? Maybe the shooting bar doesnā€™t fill up quick enough, Iā€™ve got no clue
I just started sending normal kicks at the goal unless I was in the clear. The circle button takes way too long.

Cricket 19 - actually im going to be fair here but I can't remember the bugs on release or if they were significant...
So this is the game I play the most (switch version) and other than career mode shitting the bed when getting selected for the national side (which got patched quite quickly) I never had an issue. Best game for pace bowling I have played

A) Can you edit teams on PlayStation yet?
B) game still s**t?
Edit Teams - Yes. in management mode - yes (need to have them edited first, then start a game with ā€˜Custom Licensed Contentā€™ to On).

Game still s**t - some issues remain, but thereā€™s fewer than before.
Some say yes to this question, some say no.

Some say yes to this question, some say no.

Largely depends on people's tolerance
I think its playable, but also irritating at times (gameplay wise).

I don't play management mode so the issues there don't annoy me. But I can see why they would piss everyone off.

I'll admit I had a couple pretty enjoyable matches this morning (latest patch, PS4). Management mode, but haven't gone much near editing or draft stuff so can't speak to that yet.

Was a bit surprised the 50m penalty thing wasn't as big of an issue as I expected. I had one 50m over the course of both matches. It was a bit dubious but otherwise I was able to avoid them pretty easily. Made sure to player switch to my man on the mark and didn't infringe. Maybe I got lucky so far? Who knows.

Definitely still some stuck in the mud stuff and a couple of infuriating lack of responsiveness for no apparent reason (it's like the game gets caught in between animations and doesn't know what to do? Or something) but overall played alright.

Was a bit surprised the 50m penalty thing wasn't as big of an issue as I expected. I had one 50m over the course of both matches. It was a bit dubious but otherwise I was able to avoid them pretty easily. Made sure to player switch to my man on the mark and didn't infringe. Maybe I got lucky so far? Who knows.
Yeah I haven't had any 50m penalty issues yet either, and I usually switch off the man on the mark and control someone else.
I only triggered it once by purposely taking a FP closer to the kick in player after a behind.... and it triggered just as what you see in Xtreme's video...(except his video doesn't have anyone visibly doing that).

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back