AFL bending the rules for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously guys, I'm going to start handing out reds if someone doesn't tell me who the f**k this team Sydney is you all keep talking about.

We all know its tough for last years grand finalists at the start of the year because of a shorter preseason

so how tough is the swans and hawks draws?

swans get GWS and GC then a 7 day break vs north who get a 6 day break after playing geelong

hawforn get geelong, 6 day break Westcoke away, then the pies

seems fair

The flag favorites should get a tougher draw. Good luck.

Don't believe me? Then check out this history of the AFL bending the rules to help Sydney (who, with a 60+ year flag drought, 3 flags, and a lack of interest from NSW sports fans, needed all the help they could get) and turning a blind eye to their cheating.

1995 - Luring Tony Lockett from St Kilda, with his wage paid by the AFL.
1996 - Preliminary Final: Andrew Dunkley found guilty of striking James Hird and suspended, but is still allowed to play in the Grand Final.
2003 - The cost of living allowance: Only Sydney and Brisbane were allowed the extra room in their cap. In 2003, Brisbane's was removed.
2005 - Barry Hall suspended after punching St Kilda's Matt Maguire in the guts. Allowed to play after arguing that he did it away from general play. Result: Sydney win the GF by 4 points.
2007 - Current co-captain Kieren Jack's draft form "lost in the mail" (ending up in the same place as Tony Lockett's contract details), allowing Sydney to take him in the rookie draft.
2008 - In a close match, Jarrad McVeigh is instructed by coach Paul Roos to "go forward, but don't kick a goal" - a violation of the AFL's tanking rule. Roos and Sydney let off the hook.
2008 - Sydney are a point down with a minute to go against North Melbourne. Sydney play the last minute with 19 men on the ground and score a behind, securing 2 premiership points. Result: To avoid penalising Sydney, AFL decide it's easier to just **** with the interchange rules. At the end of the season, Sydney get a home final against North. If North had been awarded the win (as they should have), they would have gotten the home final against Sydney.
2012 - Sydney still eligible for COLA. Without it, there would have been no room in their cap for Kurt Tippett.

Make of it what you will, but without AFL assistance, there would have been no 4th and 5th flags.
I agree with a lot of what you've written, but..........I'm trying to find a but.

Ah, Jarrad McVeigh. Anyone who has been through what he has and eventually holds up a premiership cup doesn't deserve to be mentioned in a cesspit like BigFooty's "Bay 13". (Hardly original)

Disgraceful.

2012 premiership = TAINTED
Well, the umps did their best to hand the grand final to your mob. Only problem is, Buddy was so iced up that he thought he was playing for the Sydney Sixers & kept hooking every set shot from close range, out for six. Not 6 points, but over our HBF's head & into the crowd. He was hitting the ''hit me for 6'' sign in the cheap seats. What's an ump to do?

Which explains the 3-4 bay 13 threads about them per day shedding tears of envy. Must be really mundane...
Lulz, you'll be lucky to find 3-4 threads on here about Shitney since last year's Granny that wasn't started by you lot.

OP makes a compelling case about the reasons why no one takes that irrelevant silver spoon-fed club seriously.

ps. and who can forget about the AFL turning a blind eye on Shitney reneging on their contract to Wallace?

Sydney = example of when the sun shines on a dogs ass for once. Probably won’t happen again for another 70 odd years. Would mean the flog dogs are due to snag their 2nd sometimes soon and of course the purple dildos should snag one soon. And of course Geelong to piss off back into obscurity if all this comes to pass. Its funny that it’s all in reverse at the moment - but I am not too worried for now, it’s entertaining, like watching cricket Australia fail over and over at the moment to scrubs.

Anyway enough of this pretend schematics back and forth bullshit..

Footy is back on ..tonight.

Sydney = example of when the sun shines on a dogs arse for once. Probably won’t happen again for another 70 odd years. Would mean the flog dogs are due to snag their 2nd sometimes soon and of course the purple dildos should snag one soon. And of course Geelong to piss off back into obscurity if all this comes to pass. Its funny that it’s all in reverse at the moment - but I am not too worried for now, it’s entertaining, like watching cricket Australia fail over and over at the moment to scrubs.

You don't need a qualified Warlock to interpret what your dreams are telling you. Do you flog?

BTW, this was our 2nd flag in the past decade. Let us not discuss where you have been hiding those purple dildos either. LOL

inb4usinktoaltarboylevelbybringingmumsintoit

Lulz, you'll be lucky to find 3-4 threads on here about Shitney since last year's Granny that wasn't started by you lot.

OP makes a compelling case about the reasons why no one takes that irrelevant silver spoon-fed club seriously.

ps. and who can forget about the AFL turning a blind eye on Shitney reneging on their contract to Wallace?

LOL you said shitney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney = example of when the sun shines on a dogs arse for once. Probably won’t happen again for another 70 odd years. Would mean the flog dogs are due to snag their 2nd sometimes soon and of course the purple dildos should snag one soon. And of course Geelong to piss off back into obscurity if all this comes to pass. Its funny that it’s all in reverse at the moment - but I am not too worried for now, it’s entertaining, like watching cricket Australia fail over and over at the moment to scrubs.

haha you follow carlton.

If its Time its Time for the Bulldogs

What about Melbourne and St Kilda then:oops:

Long time no fun Victorian teams deserve a bit of sunshine before the Purple ****s from the West

Fiction this
Your pleas for recognition fall on deaf ears. The club's existence just isn't acknowledged.

It's like when you join a mate's supercoach league and there are a few unfilled spots so the site just adds some imaginary teams to make up the numbers in order for the competition to be able to run.

Your club is just the best alternative to a bye. That's something to be proud of. :thumbsu:

Just like i now acknowledge essendon as massive PED cheats and dodgy ****en bstards.

Just like i have zero respect for James Hird. I was always told to watch out for males with jumbo ears.

Your club has embarrassed sport in australia and will continue to do so as soon as asada are finished with airport west.

Just like i now acknowledge essendon as massive PED cheats and dodgy ****en bstards.

Just like i have zero respect for James Hird. I was always told to watch out for males with jumbo ears.

Your club has embarrassed sport in australia and will continue to do so as soon as asada are finished with airport west.
You make some good points but as a Swans supporter unfortunately your opinion is meaningless. Switch to a real club and I might address your concerns.

Oh i have as much say, even more than a pathetic airport west fan considering my club are the current premiers.

Nice try with the trolling..but i cant get past a dopey airport west fan having a go at sydney.

muhahahahaha

A supporter from a team caught tanking, and a withering, Mt Hotham obsessed supporter base attempts to troll Sydney, the premiers, the side that everyone wrote off last year as lacking star players etc etc cliche cliche.

I mean a Melbourne supporter (I'm now in fits of laughter)...a person who follows Melbourne, the team that should relocate to the snowfields...(I'm now struggling for air, as the laughter almost overwhelms me)...the team that picked Jacqueline Watts (my son wants to know what's wrong, he thinks I'm injured)...the side that lost by 1092 points to Geelong...(the ambulance has been called, I need air, but I can't stop laughing)...the side that is so terribly shit I can barely be bothered even posting about them...(ambulance has arrived and the oxygen mask has been placed on)...Tom Scully...(the ambos have started reading the thread and have now collapsed on the floor in laughter as well)...However before the ambos collapsed on the linoleum, one of them mentioned they'll organize a wambulance for the OP.

Seriously guys, I'm going to start handing out reds if someone doesn't tell me who the f**k this team Sydney is you all keep talking about.
Apparently its a franchise operation the AFL have going up in Sin City. I had to get some facts checked just to make sure I wasn't having my leg pulled when I was told about it but apparently it does exist, and has even been around around for more than two decades would you believe!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL bending the rules for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back