AFL Biggest Fall Guy

• Thread starter Lenny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Turned the tele on last night, and as soon as i flicked to seven, guess what? Lloyd got a slight push (because he ran under the ball) and free kick. What does Blight say? this ladd has a nack of getting free kicks, what he was really saying was, This Ladd is a softc#@k who can't help taking a dive.

Absolutely right Lenny. It seems almost anyone who gets even the slightest touch in the back, side or waist takes a dive, and i cannot understand how the umpires fall for it. Lloyd was a blatant example last night.

------------------
BFN TF2K.
http://go.to/totalfooty2000
http://members.xoom.com/Total_Footy

Matty Knights has great skills, and I think he is a good, clean player.

But god he gets a lot of frees from the umpire.

I generally agree, if the players gets away with it though, good on 'em.

But god it makes you wanna smash the TV when you watch the umpires fall for it year after year after year.

Where do they dig them up from?

Matt

PS - Silvagni is a dirty cheat (holding)... he is a good player (other than that) but was no where near full back of the century.

Liberatore is the worst - the dirty, scratching, squirrel-gripping bastard. Did you see McRae last year, or Paul Williams from about 1996?

Does Libba where fake nails with red nail polish or something?

So Lloyd got how many - 1 goal from a free - out of how many 7? So does that mean he's 6/7 hard as nails?

Blight should know about getting soft frees in front of goal - saw him play plenty and he was a total Greg Luganus.

In short, Lenny get a life you whiney loser.
Dutch

Dutchie, I think the truth hurts.

Seems to have got right up your nose.

List of Fall Guys:
Lloyd
Bewick
Knights
Hudson
Grant

It just goes on and on, but we all know who is leader of the pack.

Mike Sheehan - classic sensationalist.

Mike's article may be titled Lloyd warned for diving which feeds into the "I hate Lloyd" mentality and sells copies of the Ferral Scum.

Detail in his article tells a different story:

" Lloyd has received seven free kicks, from four games this year, and conceded five.

Ironically, Wayne Carey, who has a long history of a negative free-kick ratio, stands 8-5 this year.
eek.gif
Nick Holland's figures are 11-3.
eek.gif
Lloyd did not receive a free kick against Hawthorn last Saturday,
eek.gif
conceding two.

Sheedy said Lloyd had received several ''soft'' free kicks, but added: ''For every soft one, I've got another one (situation) that says, 'Jesus, what about that?' ''

He said he had a tape of incidents he was updating that indicated it was a 50-50 situation. "

So pull the other one it plays jingle bells folks!

Love the tall poppy stuff.

Dutch

Dutchman,

It is about time the umpires picked-up on Lloyd's staging for free kicks. He is unbelievable. If a player comes near him, he falls to the ground and expects a free kick.

For Geishen to act, obviously other clubs have brought Lloyd's diving to their attention and now he will have to earn his free kicks.

Regarding Carey, (the best player in the competition and has for many years) from the 8 free kicks he has received this year, (YES 8) 4 free kicks were against Geelong playing at CHB and BOG. He only had to contend with 2 players, as against the usual 3-4.

It is so obvious that Lloyd is a fall guy or no one would haave replied to this posting.

Beware the neesh is watching you matty, might have to start earning a kick.

Lenny you are an absolute fool. Lloyd is an exceptional footballer who can out mark most players, he doesn't need to stage free kicks & with all this rubbish going around about him what Sheedy said the other day is true, Lloyd probably won't get a free kick all year, he nearly had his head pulled off on Saturday & didn't get a free for that. It is a shame people are so jealous of his talents so have to resort to this kind mud raking.

------------------

Mantis

[This message has been edited by sandie (edited 11 April 2000).]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandie, just for old time sake, i should say it one more time.

LLOYD IS THE BIGGEST FALL GUY IN THE GAME.

and Dutchie how many 50s does the fall guy get.

And the Neesh would know wouldn't he
a loser as a football coach and a bigger loser as an umpires coach.
waht a laugh.

piss off looney!!

Yes Lloyd and Bewick are the biggest fall guys in the league and half the time they are falling over eachother cos one of em is on the ground looking for a free
biggrin.gif
And Christian to say that carey is the best in the league is just stupid, fair enough hes probably the best CHF in the game but theres no way you can decide on one best player when everyone is doing something different. How can you say Carey is any better than Buckley when carey provides a target up forward and kicks goals and buckley gets the ball out of the middle and delivers it to him, then theres ppl like Wirripunda who try to stop Carey and send it the other way. So you cant say who the best player in the game is but you can say who the best player in that position is
biggrin.gif

2000 the year of the Eagle

Jod23, if you could have only one player play in every position. ie 22 N.Buckleys or 22 D.Wirrupundas, who would you pick?

Like me I am sure,

The Greatest Player Ever

B W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
HB W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
C W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
HF W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
F W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
R W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey
Interchange
W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey

and emergencies
W.Carey W.Carey W.Carey

Oh what a team

Perhaps a team of buckleys would beat a team of careys - it depends who rucks best

A team of carey's haha. The trainers would have to learn the heimlich manouvere to stop all that CHOKING finals time

As much as I hate to agree with you Lenny...
Carey is head and shoulders above Buckley. You'd need 36 buckleys to double team the 18 Carey's on the field at any one time.

But Lenny, seriously mate, what does Lloyd have to do to get rated by you??? He's kicked about 300 goals already and he's only 21... he's got his spleen ruptured at age about 2 in the 96 PF, he's unselfish around the goals and, to make matters worse, unlike the King seems to be a nice bloke...

He'll get zero frees for the rest of year now that the umps have been sucker-punched the week before a Carlton game (surprise, surprise) and still kick the ton.

Dutch

Provided that the Carey's were actually playing. And imagine how many rolls of tape they'd go through each game just on strapping 22 shoulders...... Oh, and they'd give way too many goals away from 50m penalties alone.... This is a pointless post. I should probably leave it there.
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Biggest Fall Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back