AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 teams that havent won a game a spectical. you have got to be joking. I will give you the whole Anzac Day thing but if you think this game is going to be any good to watch you are kidding yourself.

2 teams that havent won a game a spectical. you have got to be joking. I will give you the whole Anzac Day thing but if you think this game is going to be any good to watch you are kidding yourself.

Lachrilly are you serious? Or should I say, are you all there? This will be a great game between two AFL Cairns foundation clubs. This has now become a tradition that is recognised by AFL Cairns. This will be a good money earner for Norths.

GO THE CUTTERS!!!!!!!!:D

Lachrilly are you serious? Or should I say, are you all there? This will be a great game between two AFL Cairns foundation clubs. This has now become a tradition that is recognised by AFL Cairns. This will be a good money earner for Norths.

GO THE CUTTERS!!!!!!!!:D

Anyone outside these 2 clubs will agree that a kids game will be better to watch than this one.
Anyway tips this week.

Norths by 45
Saints by 20
Port by 80

Anyone outside these 2 clubs will agree that a kids game will be better to watch than this one.
Anyway tips this week.

Norths by 45
Saints by 20
Port by 80

Well luckily for the kids they have this week off so they won't have to put up with you drooling all over them.

Well luckily for the kids they have this week off so they won't have to put up with you drooling all over them.

Why would you go there mate. I have kids who play so obviously you dont to say something like that. Souths are an ordinary team and after watching them last week show no signs of putting on a good showing. As for Norths well Souths will make them look alot better than what they are. It might be a physical game (maybe) but as for a good game to watch, i know which ground i wont be going to. Think i will sit at home and watch a proper game on TV

I don't think we will miss you then mate. We obviously think different about footy, a 'spectacle' doesn't neccessarily mean silky skills and lace-out passes all day, it also includes passion and 2 teams who are desperate for their first win of the year and will bust their balls at every contest. The first ANZAC day game a couple of years ago, when the then all conquering Cutters were supposed to give us a touch up and ended up winning in the last 2 minutes, was probably the most exciting game I have seen up here in 20 years of watching. Regardless of the skill level and ladder positions, I don't expect Sunday to be any different, other than this year, we will get the points.

I don't think we will miss you then mate. We obviously think different about footy, a 'spectacle' doesn't neccessarily mean silky skills and lace-out passes all day, it also includes passion and 2 teams who are desperate for their first win of the year and will bust their balls at every contest. The first ANZAC day game a couple of years ago, when the then all conquering Cutters were supposed to give us a touch up and ended up winning in the last 2 minutes, was probably the most exciting game I have seen up here in 20 years of watching. Regardless of the skill level and ladder positions, I don't expect Sunday to be any different, other than this year, we will get the points.

If you think I'm going to waste my ANZAC Day watching those 2 see who can score the lowest you're kidding yourselves! I'll be holed up somewhere watching the ONLY game of footy that should be played on this great day.

If you think I'm going to waste my ANZAC Day watching those 2 see who can score the lowest you're kidding yourselves! I'll be holed up somewhere watching the ONLY game of footy that should be played on this great day.
I guarantee if any other club up here was offered the chance to play a traditional rivals game like this, every one of them would jump at the chance

I guarantee if any other club up here was offered the chance to play a traditional rivals game like this, every one of them would jump at the chance

I agree that Anzac Day should be only for Essendon v Collingwood but i also agree that given the chance, any other clubs would jump at the chance to play on the day. Lets hope that its a worthy game for the occasion.

I agree that Anzac Day should be only for Essendon v Collingwood but i also agree that given the chance, any other clubs would jump at the chance to play on the day. Lets hope that its a worthy game for the occasion.

You'd like to think that the bigger percentage of people would show some respect to what the diggers went through for us and not exploit that to make a few extra bucks. The Essendon V Collingwood game has been a great initiative to help promote the meaning of the day to the younger generations who find themselves asking about, then learning the meaning behind it. Thus ensuring it never dies. But to play local footy with the objective being making money, doesn't sit well with those of us who had family that sacrificed.

You'd like to think that the bigger percentage of people would show some respect to what the diggers went through for us and not exploit that to make a few extra bucks. The Essendon V Collingwood game has been a great initiative to help promote the meaning of the day to the younger generations who find themselves asking about, then learning the meaning behind it. Thus ensuring it never dies. But to play local footy with the objective being making money, doesn't sit well with those of us who had family that sacrificed.

The game idea in Cairns was conceived 3 years ago with the respective teams past presidents. It had nothing to do with making money for either club, it was to be played and respected in the true spirit of ANZAC, as for those
QUOTE "doesn't sit well with those of us who had family that sacrificed"
UNQUOTE you don't speak for all, my family too has sacrificed as well and I'm a returned serviceman who proudly wears his awards and honours the ANZAC tradition so don't give me that.
If you feel that way then have a go at the AFL or Australian Gov't. for holding or allowing any games on this National Day around the country. There is a flag raising ceremony , Last Post , Ode and Poems done to respect our fallen heroes.
Essendon V Collingwood do not own this day the diggers do. So in our way we show respect as well. :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Government and th AFL, the true AFL not the bloody Cairns AFL came up with a terrific initiative to get the education of what the REAL ANZACS did to PROTECT OUR COUNTRY from foreign invasion. Where did you serve Tamba? I agree with upthemiddle, as stated in a quote on the previous page, "it should be a good money earner for north cairns." Disgraceful! Things as trivial as local footy should be made to respect the day by not 'playing a game' on such a day. Dont be so bloody righteous and think that you 'deserve' to be able to play if the AFL do, put yourself into perspective, you're in a bloody far away country league and NOT any comparison to the big leagues let alone the AFL. What a bloody tosser.

never said anything about AFL Cairns in my post and again it was not about money but to honour them with our game of football here so get over it
we are not the only small league in the country to do this go and write to all of them and have a go.
yes he shouldn't have said a money earner, but he did he probably regrets saying it

no need for the insults either shows the size of your mentality.

Saints had 2 easy wins against Centrals today. Saints reserves won by 10 goals which should have been alot more if not for bad kicking for goal (11-17). In the seniors, Centrals had a few missing with Saints clearly outplaying them with the margin of 5 goals not a true indication of Saints domination of play. With both teams missing a few players it wasn't the greatest indication on how the sides will go this year but maybe Saints having the greater depth might see them the greater threat for the flag.

Saints had 2 easy wins against Centrals today. Saints reserves won by 10 goals which should have been alot more if not for bad kicking for goal (11-17). In the seniors, Centrals had a few missing with Saints clearly outplaying them with the margin of 5 goals not a true indication of Saints domination of play. With both teams missing a few players it wasn't the greatest indication on how the sides will go this year but maybe Saints having the greater depth might see them the greater threat for the flag.

I thought centrals fairly average? How did port go?

I thought centrals fairly average? How did port go?
Heard port were well up before taking their foot off the gas to win by 5 goals, apparently had a few out as well, including Beetham. Rumours out of Holloways crowd that some players not happy, at least 1 recruit looks like heading home.

Why would you go there mate. I have kids who play so obviously you dont to say something like that. Souths are an ordinary team and after watching them last week show no signs of putting on a good showing. As for Norths well Souths will make them look alot better than what they are. It might be a physical game (maybe) but as for a good game to watch, i know which ground i wont be going to. Think i will sit at home and watch a proper game on TV

Well I'm glad you didn't attend because it was a great day. Mightn't have been such a great day for the Cutters but I think most people will agree there was a lot of goodwill between both clubs after the game. There were a hell of a lot of both red and yellow shirts at the after game presentations. So I for one, am glad that we didn't have put up with the one eyed views of a Cairns Saints supporter. :thumbsdown:

Well I'm glad you didn't attend because it was a great day. Mightn't have been such a great day for the Cutters but I think most people will agree there was a lot of goodwill between both clubs after the game. There were a hell of a lot of both red and yellow shirts at the after game presentations. So I for one, am glad that we didn't have put up with the one eyed views of a Cairns Saints supporter. :thumbsdown:

And another thing Lachrilly, if you can't take a bit of crap don't dish it out.

gee what a nail biter!! I heard it was as if all 44 players took a valium before the game...slow and riddled with turnovers. Definately worthy of the ANZAC spirit. Was the final margin 90 or 100 points?

And another thing Lachrilly, if you can't take a bit of crap don't dish it out.

All of this after i said the game wouldn't be much of a game to watch. Well by the looks of the scores i was right and it wasn't much of a game. I wasn't having a go at anyone i would have said the same thing if Saints were playing Souths. Last weeks game was a very dull boring contest between Saints and Souths so don't think i was having a go at any clubs. It just happened to be Souths and Norths that were playing on the day. If 2 of the top sides were playing no doubt it would have been a better contest to watch but they wern't. How about stopping all this off field bull crap and some talk about on field stuff. Will Port really be a force this year. By the looks yes but they will need to stay fit because there isn't alot of depth from what i have seen. An early top 4 prediction would be Hawks,Port,Centrals and Saints in no order with those 4 clearly better than the other 3.

Match of the round at Port Douglas this week, Hawks and Port. Will be worth a look as it will give both sides their best indication yet as to where they both are.

GO PIES!!

Heard port were well up before taking their foot off the gas to win by 5 goals, apparently had a few out as well, including Beetham. Rumours out of Holloways crowd that some players not happy, at least 1 recruit looks like heading home.

Our boys Port are definately looking good. Don't know we took our foot off the gas. Cobras actually played some good footy in second half. They will upset some of the top sides over the next month as there group gels together. Don't know where your getting your information on players not happy? spoke to their president & he said all is looking good with at least two more recruits still to come.
Go crocs!

Our boys Port are definately looking good. Don't know we took our foot off the gas. Cobras actually played some good footy in second half. They will upset some of the top sides over the next month as there group gels together. Don't know where your getting your information on players not happy? spoke to their president & he said all is looking good with at least two more recruits still to come.
Go crocs!

Of course the president is going to say that. If there were any in house problems he isn't going to let anyone know about it. Do you think if they do get these couple of recruits it will help them challenge the top sides. Looks like they are struggling to put 4 quarters of footy together, playing well for a 1/4 or a 1/2. Maybe some good players might help them push for longer in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back