AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Ironic a North Cairns bloke is bagging out the Saints.

2462568.jpg

Haha you blokes didn't let me down. I got on here expecting to see Hawks looking for some reason for their performance on the weekend other than the professional, disciplined game from their opposition. Guess what I got, exactly that. Very disappointing effort from Manunda, I expected Saints to win, but not like that. Totally outplayed, outcoached and out smarted. Some of your so called big guns need to shrink their big heads if they are gonna get any closer in the big one. If they get there.

Egg on your face? This has been the best post so far, dont we wish we had crystal balls before we make rediculous comments like this!!! I love the tigers and dislike saints, port and hawks but WOW watson's, you didnt miss with your swipe but hope you ducked when the final siren went and Manunda won :)

Carn the tigers! 2012 tigers!

How did I know this would eventually come out. Oh well, it was a good inner secret whilst it lasted. Still regret now not sending it into the AFL Footy Show, could of been a winner. :(

Where was that taken? That from this year? Exactly what i was referring to with Timburr. Ellich, Warren, Scrmyjour and Martin play that aggressive style and like this clip shows, push the line in this area. Any coach would want players in their team to fly the flag like this, just wish i had a couple more of these players like this year when i coached :rolleyes:

Who is the saints player? was there a report or suspension?

Where was that taken? That from this year? Exactly what i was referring to with Timburr. Ellich, Warren, Scrmyjour and Martin play that aggressive style and like this clip shows, push the line in this area. Any coach would want players in their team to fly the flag like this, just wish i had a couple more of these players like this year when i coached :rolleyes:

Who is the saints player? was there a report or suspension?

#24 is Hallas the one you spoke about before, #20 is Glenda Martin. No suspensions either.

In my view it was weak as piss from Martin. First he gets away with a jumper punch then he has a crack at a bloke who is bending over to pick the ball up. 'Tough, no, one of the weakest things i have seen. Hallas didn't have his greatest game in the GF but he wasn't alone. A year earlier he was probably BOG in the big one so enough said there. Why all the after season pot shots at Saints. The team has been in 5 straight Grand Finals won 3 in a row, not many teams could say that in recent time. Saints will be there again next year doing things the right way and once again everyone will be jealous of the their success cause its the only reason people have a crack at them.

In my view it was weak as piss from Martin. First he gets away with a jumper punch then he has a crack at a bloke who is bending over to pick the ball up. 'Tough, no, one of the weakest things i have seen. Hallas didn't have his greatest game in the GF but he wasn't alone. A year earlier he was probably BOG in the big one so enough said there. Why all the after season pot shots at Saints. The team has been in 5 straight Grand Finals won 3 in a row, not many teams could say that in recent time. Saints will be there again next year doing things the right way and once again everyone will be jealous of the their success cause its the only reason people have a crack at them.

i believe i speak for the crowd that day and seen the only thing weak as piss was the saints player who dropped to the deck. what are those goats called that faint when scared? is it saints policy to employ fainting goats in there team? but kicking the ball into martin was a nice touch afterwards :rolleyes:

What is this success thing you speak of? :thumbsu:

Success isn't always on field. Saints have been the most successful on field since joining the comp but off the field they are too. Every other club at some stage has had an off field issue discussed on here. Its either an unhappy coach or president copping it fans or disgruntled players. In my time at Saints there has been none of this which in my book is a successful club.

I don't know where you're getting your mail from Shavedham but you should have a look at changing your sources. So far, since you have been on this forum you have cast aspersions on a few people and couldn't have been further from the mark. I'm starting suspect that you're a Cairns Saints supporter that has had a name change:eek:. Because history on this forum suggests that your forum posts thus far, are no different to those that a Cairns Saints supporter would put on here.:rolleyes:

It's not that hard to go through my posts to work out where I currently reside. So you say I'm talking out of school, but, then proceed to post that I'm possibly a Saints supporter, oh the irony! I worked out one thing whilst posting here and that's that you piss your pants at the drop of a hat. You deplorable sod, put more effort into getting your club a coach than crying in your soup over a few silly posts. Your club isn't exactly in the greatest shape to prick the ears of a coach thats got a decent resume, doofus. Oh and by the way.....love you (huge love heart).

Was merely an observation, frankly i dont know the fella but do admit the Saints have been a good unit for sometime. They do have a good culture and i would love the tigers to have as good a recruiting set up as the saints do. However, all the hype i read when i was away about Poyner and his impact on the Cairns competition was really misleading. He had a good game against a cutters team but thats about it.

I was also informed about number 48 Hislop i think from Saints. He was very disappointing and i would certainly hope he works hard over the off season to repay his supporters.

I am very impressed with Dixon, although i think the GF was a very disappointing day for him but you can realistically only play as good as your opponnent lets you and if forward delivery is poor, forwards will always struggle. I do also think Powell will be a great coach for the Saints, lets hope he is a lead from the front type of coach as i have seen him do as just a player.

Carn the tigers

Brilliant video. But if jumper punching the lightest bloke on the ground is tough, I'm Mike Tyson in comparison. Might not be the bravest from Hallas, but just as cowardly from Martin.

You probably don't have the video of Martin doing something identical in the semi-final and thus giving away a 50m penalty and goal in the first couple of minutes of the match.

No doubt he and Ehlich played well in the GF, but it doesn't always work out for the best, this type of play. Very nearly didn't even make the GF because of that sort of thing.

As for Saints' success. It's not just the last 5 years of GF appearances with 3 flags, but in the years since their existence they've got by far and away the best record. Probably at least double the amount of flags of any other team.

As for Hislop, that fat red-headed **** has retired again for the third time this year. Don't think he even played a game against the Tigers, did he?

Success isn't always on field. Saints have been the most successful on field since joining the comp but off the field they are too. Every other club at some stage has had an off field issue discussed on here. Its either an unhappy coach or president copping it fans or disgruntled players. In my time at Saints there has been none of this which in my book is a successful club.

Agree very much on the field.

Off the field your previous and longest standing president who is a great friend has lead me to believe the club has been very fortunate to keep alot of 'issues' in house and also away from AFL Cairns so before you go sprooking, probably check and dot your 'i's and cross your 't's with the people in the know before you make it public. Slapsy O'halloran has also been known to be discussing player issues quite openly so no perfect world over at griffiths park like anywhere else in cairns it would appear.

Was merely an observation, frankly i dont know the fella but do admit the Saints have been a good unit for sometime. They do have a good culture and i would love the tigers to have as good a recruiting set up as the saints do. However, all the hype i read when i was away about Poyner and his impact on the Cairns competition was really misleading. He had a good game against a cutters team but thats about it.

I was also informed about number 48 Hislop i think from Saints. He was very disappointing and i would certainly hope he works hard over the off season to repay his supporters.

I am very impressed with Dixon, although i think the GF was a very disappointing day for him but you can realistically only play as good as your opponnent lets you and if forward delivery is poor, forwards will always struggle. I do also think Powell will be a great coach for the Saints, lets hope he is a lead from the front type of coach as i have seen him do as just a player.

Carn the tigers

Poyner and Hislop both missed big chunks at the end of the season through injury. Poyner was no where near 100% in the GF and Hislop in my opinion was BOG for Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poyner and Hislop both missed big chunks at the end of the season through injury. Poyner was no where near 100% in the GF and Hislop in my opinion was BOG for Saints

You are saying that no 48 Hislop was better than Coatsworth and Powell in the GF?

I certainly hope not as when i looked around in the grandstand i did not see anyone holding a lead that was attached to guide dog. Coatsworth with his goals, forward and defensive running and Powell with his in and under attack was the ONLY resistence i saw in that game. The rest were rabble. Enough said though, my club from what i saw and the reports were no shining light. Hopefully we take the lead and recruit, recruit and recruit and look forward and away from blokes who dont committ to training and doing the hard yards in preseason! Otherwise Ricter will have to play in every line of our team to cover our short comings.

As for Saints' success. It's not just the last 5 years of GF appearances with 3 flags, but in the years since their existence they've got by far and away the best record. Probably at least double the amount of flags of any other team.

You may have a great record over the last few years, but I believe beating Hawks on the big day still elude's you ;)

You sound a little upset........UMAD??

The bloke came up here with big wraps and looked ok, but a month before the start of the season went away on a ski trip for a month and came back fat as a house.

Lachrilly, was the reason he missed a big chunk of the season because of chafing?

He's related to Hallas too, I believe.

I think in 10 years time, they'll look back on this period and consider it very successful. Could have been better, but didn't bring it on the day this year. Fairly safe bet they'll be thereabouts again next year.

Lachrilly, tell me this isn't true? Also, I've never seen a fat house.

I wouldn't say fat as a house but not in as good a nick as he would have hoped. He wasnt a great fan of the Cairns heat and im sure if we had a few more overcast days we would have seen the best of him. As for the chafing im sure he wasn't the only one

And I've never seen anyone dislike training as much! But he's old news and I'm sure will be easily replaced.

Judging by last year most recruits barely arrive until Feb or after and then the sides with money left over tend to get some last minute ins from NT, so it's barely worth speculating who the ins are until then.

Can probably only focus on the outs until then.
Coatesworth, Poyner, Hislop, Parsons from the Saints as confirmed outs.

What about other clubs?

He's related to Hallas too, I believe.

Correct with your cousin call Saint. Hopefully we see Bogga go around again as the bloke can play and we saw glimpses of it this year. We will need a few to replace the likes of Walsh, Kennedy, Martin (retired) and more to follow. Plus Coatsworth, Jesse Dixon, Parsons, Poyner, Everett and more are departing the area... Unless some good recruits come up I think Saints could drop back a peg or 3.

Wade Dixon is a great get for the Tigers, I know it is early but I will back them for 2012 premiership...

When will Hawks, Souths, Port and Lions name a coach? Saints are just doting the i's.

Wade Dixon is a great get for the Tigers, I know it is early but I will back them for 2012 premiership...

Wow, that tip is going out on a limb, nice (thumbs up). Think the Hawks are still sifting through applicants, not alot keen (with credentials) in the Port job and lets be honest, who'd want to coach Souths.

Cairns floods have kept me off the banter today... But I am glad because there is so much crap being written on here from the Hawks boys and Lachrilly.

Heard again that Lane is front runner for the Hawks job. Might just be rumours, but I keep hearing it. I still hear Griffiths is in the area.

Also heard that Saints have a few boys in the lines to replace those departing... came from a good source too. He didn't know the names but he was pretty excited about what he'd heard.

Just about had enough of Saints players and supporters saying saints didn't bring their best on GF day. Hawks outplayed them and with a superior game plan saints had no idea what was going on. I would argue that coatesworth and the fossil ohalloram still don't know what Hawks were doing on the day.

Coatesworth saw Bradbury out on the night and told him, "**** you were lucky, we played shithouse" Then walked away. Disappointing from Jim but it was that attitude that lost them a premiership.

The Hawks heart, guts and will won then the cup! Just because saints raised the white flag and simply gave up late in the game is no reason to jump on the excuse of a poor day for too many. They were poor because they were BEATEN..! End of story.

HAWKS BACK TO BACK IN 2012

But I am glad because there is so much crap being written on here from the Hawks boys and Lachrilly.

Yer Plugg3r just wont post in a fair and mature manner. He always wants to cyber grapple with everyone and quite frankly it scares me. Everyone's on egg shells around Plugg3r incase he goes all American Postal worker on us. RE -Lane....just don't think it would be an intelligent move by the high flying Hawks to employ him, but, It's just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back