AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flintstone, we all know how upset you were when the Saint players and supporters started throwing vicious truths around about Souths behaviour on the field. You even started licking Plugg3rs boots, thus becoming a Hawks sycophant. Just because I have only recently posted on this forum does not mean I have been completely absent, and it is apparent that you cannot take criticism, thus why people keep dishing it out. I certainly have issues alright, they just aren't football related.

Also, Tamba I am not really sure where that rant about Saints came from. I think every other person on this forum read it how the Doc meant it, in that the Saints girls were the first to align themselves with an AFL Cairns football team, probably because of the Victorian influence around the club. Those "I hate Saints" goggles are certainly well worn on this forum, if you and Flintstone are done I think I might borrow them for my next post.

Not so sure about the morality of naming names on this forum. The (relative) anonymity of this website allows people to speak truthfully and honestly, encouraging healthy debate and banter. You take that away and who knows what will become of us.

Well Gob I think if you read previous pages, I predicted that Saints would take out the GF and did not say on here that I was going for Hawks. As for Plugg3r, I don't even know the guy except what I read on here and trust me, he would be the last person who's boots I'd like. So instead of being a Parasitaxus, maybe you should pay more attention to what actually gets posted on here.

I would also like to add, that I agree with your last paragraph. Naming of people on here is a bit low and should not occur.

Well Gob I think if you read previous pages, I predicted that Saints would take out the GF and did not say on here that I was going for Hawks. As for Plugg3r, I don't even know the guy except what I read on here and trust me, he would be the last person who's boots I'd like. So instead of being a Parasitaxus, maybe you should pay more attention to what actually gets posted on here.

I would also like to add, that I agree with your last paragraph. Naming of people on here is a bit low and should not occur.

Flintstone, I'm currently printing off your posts so I can line my Cockatiels cage with them.

Stalker will stalk.

Well fellow bloggers the Coach has been named in the chip wrapper this morning as Grant Russell from Hamiliton in the Western Boarder League, brings a wealth of knowledge with him plus with the new recruits already committed along with the clubs pool of upcoming good junior talent let us enjoy a resurgence in the "Cutters"

Welcome on board Grant

Sorry to see you leave the club Chris

I would like to thank my co-conspirter in Flintstone on our small rouse of us going forward with our names in the ring for Coach. I had fun with it as I'm sure he did as well, even if most didn't believe a bar of it Thanks young fella

I would like to thank my co-conspirter in Flintstone on our small rouse of us going forward with our names in the ring for Coach. I had fun with it as I'm sure he did as well, even if most didn't believe a bar of it Thanks young fella

I also seen the fish wrapper this morning Tamba and I think it's going to be a good year for the mighty Cutters. I guess the detractors are off doing their research to find something wrong with this coach as well. :eek:

Well fellow bloggers the Coach has been named in the chip wrapper this morning as Grant Russell from Hamiliton in the Western Boarder League, brings a wealth of knowledge with him plus with the new recruits already committed along with the clubs pool of upcoming good junior talent let us enjoy a resurgence in the "Cutters"

Welcome on board Grant

the old hamilton magpies didnt have the best year though grant was a good coach when i was in the area at the start of the year

The only detractors about the coach was that one twat who had previous issues with the coach. The rest were Souths players.

I suppose what's more important is who are the new recruits who have committed, since the paper says it's not about recruits, but the young guys?

It's not exactly an impressive resume, coached Western Border Region and played SANFL in the 80's. Not that that means anything about his coaching ability.

I do hope he does do well, the league needs a lot more competition from the lower sides.

Welcome on board Grant

You and the playing group ;) ....

Hope it turns out better than this yr for the sake of AFL in Cairns as this yr was a debacle....

Any clubs playing in the AFL 9s comp??

DEVELOPING youth will be the focal point for newly signed South Cairns Cutters coach Grant Russell as he takes the reins of the AFL Cairns club for season 2012.

The 55-year-old succeeds Chris Adams, after the club took the unusual step of advertising for the first-year coach’s position weeks before the season ended.
After enduring an improved, yet frustrating season – blemished by a number of narrow losses – Russell admitted there was some work to do on solving "game plan" and "footy smarts" issues which contributed to the club not winning more than four games last season.
He conceded there would be very little action to lure new recruits to the Cutters, insisting he will focus on nurturing the talented younger generation of players.
"My goal is to develop the club and get the kids coming through," he said.
Russell comes to the Cutters with a wealth of experience – headlined by seven premierships in 24 years as a coach, which included stints in the South Australian Amateur Football League and the Riverland and Western Border leagues.
Last season, Russell lifted Hamilton from the bottom of the ladder to sixth position, before informing the club he would not seek reappointment. He also played a handful of games with SANFL club North Adelaide.
The incoming mentor has reviewed DVDs of the Cutters performances last season, and met players on Monday night.
He will return next month to map out a training strategy and settle into life in Cairns.
Russell admitted he approached the club to put forward his interest in the coaching role after he recognised the challenge involved with resurrecting the Cutters.
"I was inquisitive (about the role), and for me it’s a challenge," he said.
"I’m at the stage in my life where I only want to do things that challenge me."
In his first inspection of the club, Russell said he was impressed by the facilities at the Cutters

AN AC/DC tribute band could hold the key for a Gordonvale-based senior team entering the AFL Cairns competition in 2013.
That is what Rocktober Festivale co-ordinator and Pyramid Power under-18 coach Darrel Stewart hopes, anyway.
Dirty Deeds will headline the concert, at the Power’s Gordonvale home ground on Saturday, with money raised going towards the establishment of a senior team for the 2013 season, expanding the league to an eight-team competition.
The club is also attempting to export some of its best under-18 talent to the Ballarat Football League in the hope they return as solid senior footballers by the time the Power have a senior team.
"It’s (a Power senior side) got to happen, because at the moment we have players going through our system and then just disappearing to another club with a senior team," Stewart said.
"We have a lot of tough, fast and talented players that are being lost to us because there is nowhere for them to play after 18s.
"Hopefully, if some of the lads play in Ballarat they will come back to us better footballers."
AFL Cairns president Gary Young said a senior presence in the southern corridor has always been the league’s intention since it purchased land for an AFL facility in Gordonvale in 2005. But Young said the Power would have to meet the league’s standards before they were given the green light.
"We’ve had discussions with them about a senior club becoming a reality, but there’s no date on it," Young said.
"We want to see a solid club and a sustainable club.
"They must be able to field a senior and reserve team and realise that running a senior club is totally different to a junior one.’’
Stewart hopes the event generates the funds to get them on the right direction financially.
"We need to rid ourselves of any outstanding debt and be able to show we can cover the administrative costs involved in fielding a senior team,’’ he said.
Pyramid Power Rocktober Festivale starts at 10am on Saturday at Gordonvale Pyramid Power AFL Oval, Maher Road.

Dont just copy/paste the dribble from cairns.com.au here, at least give these second rate "journalists" the link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont just copy/paste the dribble from cairns.com.au here, at least give these second rate "journalists" the link.
Low blow there. Considering he bought the story to you.

The author is actually a decent bloke and pretty respected as a journo (he used to work out my way). Actually a decent player too when he put the boots on for us. Played some SANFL too.

The only detractors about the coach was that one twat who had previous issues with the coach. The rest were Souths players.

I suppose what's more important is who are the new recruits who have committed, since the paper says it's not about recruits, but the young guys?

It's not exactly an impressive resume, coached Western Border Region and played SANFL in the 80's. Not that that means anything about his coaching ability.

I do hope he does do well, the league needs a lot more competition from the lower sides.

Cmon Saint, out with It.

This appointment has fail written all over It:(:eek::(:eek:. He'll probably go home then pull the pin:D:thumbsu::):heart:<<<<that heart is for Flintstone:p.

Flintstone found the need to post the article on the Western Border thread:eek::confused::eek::confused::confused:.

Quote ----Flintstone found the need to post the article on the Western Border thread.-------- end Quote

Quote / Stalker will stalk / end Quote :p

Are you getting touchy like your co-offender (Flintstone)?? I like to G Flintstone up because he seems to have thin skin. Cutters appointment seems ok from the outside. As was touched on in an earlier post, his resume doesn't read for great viewing, but, he has a mountain of experience so that's a plus. I'm originally from Portland in the Western Border Comp and stumbled across Flintstones post.

Are you getting touchy like your co-offender (Flintstone)?? I like to G Flintstone up because he seems to have thin skin. Cutters appointment seems ok from the outside. As was touched on in an earlier post, his resume doesn't read for great viewing, but, he has a mountain of experience so that's a plus. I'm originally from Portland in the Western Border Comp and stumbled across Flintstones post.

No, just having a friendly dig, :eek:

Was cruising the pages from down South and checked out his olde league & came acroos some of your post , so wasn't stalking you.;)

hi, i am a long time reader and 1st time blogger on the cairns afl thread, can anyone let me know if centrals bulldogs, cairns city lions, mununda hawks and port douglas have selected or signed any coaches for season 2012?

What are the coaches from 2011 doing for next season. are they sticking around, changing clubs, retiring etc etc

Quote ----Flintstone found the need to post the article on the Western Border thread.-------- end Quote

Quote / Stalker will stalk / end Quote :p

Sorry I didn't realise there was a problem with posting the article on the Western Border thread. Terribly sorry Shavedham if it has upset you. Big Hugs to Shavedham. I posted the article on the Western Border forum purely to stir a few people up and it obviously has. I personally think that Grant Russell will be the best thing to hit Cutters in some time. I also think that Grant Russell will be a good for the Cutters not only next season but also seasons to come. Next season will show that Cutters mean business and will be a force to be reckoned with.

So, there was no malice intended. :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry I didn't realise there was a problem with posting the article on the Western Border thread. Terribly sorry Shavedham if it has upset you. Big Hugs to Shavedham. I posted the article on the Western Border forum purely to stir a few people up and it obviously has. I personally think that Grant Russell will be the best thing to hit Cutters in some time. I also think that Grant Russell will be a good for the Cutters not only next season but also seasons to come. Next season will show that Cutters mean business and will be a force to be reckoned with.

So, there was no malice intended. :eek::eek::eek:

Apriciate the hugs, babe:heart::heart::heart:.

So you like to stir people up, but, lose your shit when someone stirs you up?? That's very double standard of you, keep up the good work:cool:. As for your new coach, saying he'll be great for the club in years to to come is a little premature isn't it:confused:?

I'm betting that over the years that's not the only time u've been premature either:eek:.

So Cutters new coach is a dart smoking alcohol pig.

'Right boys training will be at the pub tonite, bring a packet of Winny Blues and be prepared to crawl out of the pub spewing your ring hole up'.

Go Cutters YAY.

Plugg3r, how are the Hawkers looking? I see you had an ad in 'Inside Football' advertising for a coach.

where has this shavedham bloke come from. Don't get me wrong its great he is talking all this crap, it keeps the attention on him and not me or anyone else. Are you hear just to pick fights or is there anything worth listening to soon to be posted cause most of the stuff you post is indeed crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back