AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a week where we talk about the football instead of taking pot shots at each other. The Souths guys stick together as do the Hawks and Saints so lets stick to the on field action. Funny to see most people picking Centrals to upset Saints this week. Obviously i think that Saints will win, they are super keen to get that 2nd spot and can't see Centrals getting in the way of that this week.

That comment is a bit rich coming from you Lachrilly. Are you serious???:confused:

South Cairns Cutters are seeking Coaches for 2012 season

South Cairns Australian Rules Football Club is seeking applications for the upcoming 2012 season.

Senior Coach & Reserve Grade Coach

We are looking for coaching staff that can take us into the future by the continued ongoing development of our strong junior base and large core of dedicated local players. Candidate must be able to recruit new players to the club that will add quality and depth to our playing roster. The ability to work with coaches across all levels is essential.

We are looking for a person who has a minimum Level One AFL Coaching Accreditation, with previous senior coaching experience an advantage. We would prefer a non-playing coach.

South Cairns provide a very good playing and training ground, with club rooms that are second to none in this area. South Cairns Football Club is about 10km south of Cairns in the growth corridor of the region. We are a friendly club with a very good supporter base and a loyal group of sponsors. We also have a strong and healthy junior club with our registered player numbers being the largest in the league.

Remuneration package for the Senior coach only. Please send expression of interest to president@southcairnsafl.com.au. If you require any further information please phone Steve Begg 0417636089 or Lance Dixon 0410042330

Your Kidding right another coach bites the dust at bonking Park, and they have a bloke Steven Begg now as prez,the bloke has no idea about football,the way its played, let alone run the football department, well good luck finding someone that will be happy to coach the club for a season before you sack them, should of kept Robbie Douglas:confused::confused::confused:

Your Kidding right another coach bites the dust at bonking Park, and they have a bloke Steven Begg now as prez,the bloke has no idea about football,the way its played, let alone run the football department, well good luck finding someone that will be happy to coach the club for a season before you sack them, should of kept Robbie Douglas:confused::confused::confused:

Fact - It is stated in the club constitution that all Coaching and Manager roles become vacant each year. As such the roles have been advertised as is required. All current coaches and managers have the opportunity to re-apply for their roles (or different roles) if so desired.

Hahahaha! I think we have a contender for biggest tool on big footy....congratulations Saint!!! A worthy winner with his teacher like analysis, and baited comments. I think you just get the nod from lachrilly.

I was going to say a new panel member on the Footy Show.:D

Fact - It is stated in the club constitution that all Coaching and Manager roles become vacant each year. As such the roles have been advertised as is required. All current coaches and managers have the opportunity to re-apply for their roles (or different roles) if so desired.

Most clubs in most leagues are required to advertised for coaches at the end of each year, unless the coach has signed for multiple seasons. Most would leave it to the end of the season to do it. What is the reason for doing it early? Has Adams already said he is moving on? or are Souths just getting a jump on next year. If the 2 have already decided to part ways its not the worst idea.

Is there any truth that the Manunda Hawks will set up shop at Griffiths park No 2 oval next to the saints if they are told to vacate Cazaly's? Which leads me to ask how long is their agreement to stay at Cazaly's for? cheers.

Is there any truth that the Manunda Hawks will set up shop at Griffiths park No 2 oval next to the saints if they are told to vacate Cazaly's? Which leads me to ask how long is their agreement to stay at Cazaly's for? cheers.

You must be pulling too hard, surely not, that ground is worst than a goat's track. !!! :cool:

You must be pulling too hard, surely not, that ground is worst than a goat's track. !!! :cool:

Agree it has a terrible surface and does it have change rooms? Surely there needs to be someone based out of the home of Cairns football.Would be a total waste if there wasn't a game there every week.

If no one is based at Cazaly's then I hope that each week they play a match of the round there. AFL Cairns would have to foot the bill that the home side would lose from not having it at their venue. I thought AFL Cairns would be about expanding to more teams, not shafting one down south.

Where is our growth area? I understand south of Cairns is going ahead. Could any other areas host a senior and junior club?

If no one is based at Cazaly's then I hope that each week they play a match of the round there. AFL Cairns would have to foot the bill that the home side would lose from not having it at their venue. I thought AFL Cairns would be about expanding to more teams, not shafting one down south.

Where is our growth area? I understand south of Cairns is going ahead. Could any other areas host a senior and junior club?

Maybe the "Westcourt Demons" might make a reappearance after 20 years.
This would get rid of the the bye weekend.....

Maybe the "Westcourt Demons" might make a reappearance after 20 years.
This would get rid of the the bye weekend.....

And pray where will they play ??????? :eek::eek:

Pyramid Power will get rid of the bye in 10 years when there is enough support & players there ,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Heard that they're turning the old drive in into a sports complex with cricket/afl, rugby and soccer fields. Maybe a new home for Manunda??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Council has land for new sporting fields in Edmonton including an AFL/cricket ground, pool, basketball, rugby, the works.

I'd say that would be the next logical spot for a team, further South than Souths.

Council has land for new sporting fields in Edmonton including an AFL/cricket ground, pool, basketball, rugby, the works.

I'd say that would be the next logical spot for a team, further South than Souths.

Maybe then we will need to change our names to:

Upper Souths

and them

Lower Souths

LOL :D:D:D:D:D

Lower Souths sound like a bunch of thugs!

You Upper Souths toffs in your Fretwell park fancy pants first floor club rooms will get what for when the Lower Souths Cassowarys get all up in your grill.

A new team would be better suited out Yorkeys Knob. They could be called the "Knobs" or the "Yorkeys Porkys" perhaps. Anyway, whaever happened to the rumour that Hawks were going to be moved out to Gordonvale to amalgamate with Pyramid? And as for Griffiths No.2 Oval, it's a thousand times worse then the No 2 oval at Centrals (and trust me, this oval is bad). I was in my car one day and could feel the lumps and holes in the oval.

Lower Souths sound like a bunch of thugs!

You Upper Souths toffs in your Fretwell park fancy pants first floor club rooms will get what for when the Lower Souths Cassowarys get all up in your grill.

Cassowarys

Now that is a good name for a club, after an endangered spieces

that's what Hawks may become if they leave Football Park

AGAINST their will ;););)

We'll play on a school oval if we have to, but you would think that the home of footy in Cairns has to have a club based there. I don't think there are any options for the Hawks to go to in the foreseeable future anyway. Even to build a ground up to playing standard would take a couple of years at least.

I think Hawks should stay at Cazalys, but they're playing a dangerous game by not preparing for an alternative, given they've apparently been told by AFL Cairns that they will eventually have to.

Is the lease yearly?

The ground and carpark at Gordonvale is already built, is that where Pyramid Power play?

AFL Cairns wouldn't have to tell them to move, they would just have to say you can't play out of Cazalys and they wouldn't have a choice other than to go to Gordonvale.

Do hawks have a local contingency plan to avoid this?

Saint, I really cant see the Hawks people travelling 25km down the road to Gordonvale 3 times a week just to play footy when the Saints, Tigers, Lions and even Cutters would be closer. AFL Cairns should really be looking to help the Hawks find a ground close to where they are based now, and allow the Pyramid Power to form their own senior team in a couple of years time. This would take away the bye and the Hawks people still play close to home. More importantly, both the Hawks and Power would stay the way they are and not merge. To me its a no brainer. Any thoughts??

Saint, I really cant see the Hawks people travelling 25km down the road to Gordonvale 3 times a week just to play footy when the Saints, Tigers, Lions and even Cutters would be closer. AFL Cairns should really be looking to help the Hawks find a ground close to where they are based now, and allow the Pyramid Power to form their own senior team in a couple of years time. This would take away the bye and the Hawks people still play close to home. More importantly, both the Hawks and Power would stay the way they are and not merge. To me its a no brainer. Any thoughts??

Think we need to worry about making the comp better so we need to sort out City Lions before we introduce another team... Lions should have gone to Redlynch and still should.. Teams rocking up to be told 'you might have a game today wait to see who turns up for us and then flogging a team of hacks by 30 goals is not good for AFL in Cairns'....

Anyways on another note.. Lach or Saint is the "Cranesaw" playing this weekend?? Ones or Twos?? I notice Finn, Powell and C Phillpott all back this weekend for the saints....Think U2 sang a song about this

I was talking to my mate in Tasmania and Soth have all ready touched based with a very high profile premiership coach presently coaching in Tassie. He will be moving to Cairns early November. If they snag him it will be a huge coup for South

Cazalys will become home to the new NEAFL Team and the NEAFL Team only.

Saint - Pyramid do play out at Gordonvale.

TimBurr - Totally agree with your comments regarding City Lions. Cities have been languishing for sometime and something needs to be done to help them. I don't necessarily think the merger with Redlynch was the answer. So far this season, I have seen at the Junior level a lot of them and us. If they're going to make the amalgamation/merger work, there are a few people from the Redlynch side of things that need to pull their heads in.

Anyways on another note.. Lach or Saint is the "Cranesaw" playing this weekend?? Ones or Twos?? I notice Finn, Powell and C Phillpott all back this weekend for the saints....Think U2 sang a song about this[/quote]

The Cranesaw??? Is this Nathan Crane that plays at Saints? This kid has a lot of talent and I was shocked to see him playing in the two's the other week?? I think he has a lot of upside and is stiff to be playing two's. An early fancy for the league b+f???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back