AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plugger Ive been hearing from a current player that hawks are looking to appoint former afl player Darrell white as the new coach for the 2012 season with weetra to assist untill he finishes in Darwin. Is this true????? Or just a name being tossed around. I think it could be possible as he was going to come this year. Tyson is prob the front runner though as I he is practically begging to coach at hawks as he feels his one year there makes it enough to call home.
Also that young dewis kid to be apart of the hawks outfit along with Billy English, Gregg braico and that tall blonde German looking fella that plays in the backs for city's. Also the aboriginal boys from Darwin that played with port this year.
This is all info I received from a night on the piss with a senior player of the hawks side...... But how much is credible we will find out.

Along way off the mark from the mail i have! White comannds to much and has a bad reputation from Mt Gravatt where he was booted from. Lane is not coaching at all and has not submitted an application. Dewis is on the Gold Coast doing school as my club was interested in him and he was keen to play along side his cousins at tigerland.

Heard a fresh rumour this afternoon that the "Eagle" is returning to the Saints along with another 5 former Saints players now playing in the Victoria Leagues. Any truth to the rumour Saints supporters?:eek:;)

Eagle is not returning, secured with redlands for another year. Has a very good deal with job tied in. Do know this 100% concrete as Eagle plays along side 2 of our juniors who have comfirmed the club has announced internally he will be staying. All reports, a great club person and big asset off and on the field. A wonderful player! I personally would love to see him return but from the numbers thrown around, being a leadering goal kicker and leader that he is, NO club in Cairns could afford him! The league would have to assist in luring him back, big $$$ and he would have to have the willingness to maybe sacrifice the $$$ and good job to return to far north.

Plugger Ive been hearing from a current player that hawks are looking to appoint former afl player Darrell white as the new coach for the 2012 season with weetra to assist untill he finishes in Darwin. Is this true?????

This is like asking Kim Duthie what Riewoldt is doing next year..

Eagle is not returning, secured with redlands for another year. Has a very good deal with job tied in. Do know this 100% concrete as Eagle plays along side 2 of our juniors who have comfirmed the club has announced internally he will be staying. All reports, a great club person and big asset off and on the field. A wonderful player! I personally would love to see him return but from the numbers thrown around, being a leadering goal kicker and leader that he is, NO club in Cairns could afford him! The league would have to assist in luring him back, big $$$ and he would have to have the willingness to maybe sacrifice the $$$ and good job to return to far north.[/quote]

There would be no problems with the Eagle returning to Cairns Saints because they don't pay their players. So he would obviously be a cheap pick up.:cool:

Eagle is not returning, secured with redlands for another year. Has a very good deal with job tied in. Do know this 100% concrete as Eagle plays along side 2 of our juniors who have comfirmed the club has announced internally he will be staying. All reports, a great club person and big asset off and on the field. A wonderful player! I personally would love to see him return but from the numbers thrown around, being a leadering goal kicker and leader that he is, NO club in Cairns could afford him! The league would have to assist in luring him back, big $$$ and he would have to have the willingness to maybe sacrifice the $$$ and good job to return to far north.

Jason played for Broadbeach this season!

He didn't get paid last time he played for Saints so I doubt he'd be asking for anything this time, though as far as I know he's not coming up again.

Spoke to Jason last year as he played at a club i used to follow. He DID get paid handsomely at Saints, but not nearly ad much as the contract he signed half way through this season.

Spoke to Jason last year as he played at a club i used to follow. He DID get paid handsomely at Saints, but not nearly ad much as the contract he signed half way through this season.

And I know Jason personally and know that Saints didn't. He did however, have a very good job with Josh Martin plumbing. I think what you really should be saying teamwork, is not that he played at a club you used to follow... Rather that you were an opposition coach who tried to get him up to play for your team?? Could this be closer to the truth?? And that would be a smart move as the man can play and it would be stupid for a coach not to try and recruit the best.

He did play for Broadbeach this year and won't be back up here next year. I think all Saints fans can only dream about that.

Anyway well done to Hawks on the wins in both grades. Saints were most certainly out COACHED by the opposition Coach on the day!;) Why have hawks not done their best to resign Griffths? They should have bent over backwards to make sure he didn't leave!:confused:

And I know Jason personally and know that Saints didn't. He did however, have a very good job with Josh Martin plumbing. I think what you really should be saying teamwork, is not that he played at a club you used to follow... Rather that you were an opposition coach who tried to get him up to play for your team?? Could this be closer to the truth?? And that would be a smart move as the man can play and it would be stupid for a coach not to try and recruit the best.

He did play for Broadbeach this year and won't be back up here next year. I think all Saints fans can only dream about that.

Anyway well done to Hawks on the wins in both grades. Saints were most certainly out COACHED by the opposition Coach on the day!;) Why have hawks not done their best to resign Griffths? They should have bent over backwards to make sure he didn't leave!:confused:

spose he had a free car, speed boat and harvey norman "gift voucher "ala Greg Inglis.:rolleyes:

AHHHH the first crack appears in this long disputed debate

do they or don't they :confused:

LOL :eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Lukas Ehlich who rang and asked the president if he could play there and how much they would pay him. Who then got upset when he was told they didn't pay players.

Speaking of the hawks... Has anyone heard from Plugger lately? I hear Ben Hallas and him have been catching up a bit. Ben is learning how to put on 180 kgs so he can be a big bussling full forward just like Plug! Everyone can only aspire to be a physical speciman just like the great man!

Clubs pay players can we get off this subject. I am told by Saints people that they don't so thats all i can go by.No doubt at some stage they have but who hasn't. Paying playing coaches and assistants is not the same as paying players just to play. You can't tell me people come from down south or darwin or where ever for nothing. I personally don't agree with it but if clubs chose to and can afford to then its their choice.

Eagle got paid $350 most weeks as he was such a gun he won the first award so if getting the first award most weeks is getting paid he did ;) ... Griffths left because he wasn't liked by a number of players, have heard this from a few Hawks players that he wasn't very popular.
Also as for not paying players you can add Langford, Wade Dixon etc to the long list that play elsewhere because they want the money... If you are good enough like Eagle, Walsh, Couch, Harth, McQueen etc you back yourself in to get in the best most weeks and receive the incentives on offer for best players... Much better way to run a club and for the past 5 years seems to be a good working model.
As for Tamba etc going on about Saints paying players good luck to them... Saints is a club with a great culture where players want to play for the club unlike putting in Pokies and taking money off people who more than likely can't afford to lose it to buy players....

Eagle got paid $350 most weeks as he was such a gun he won the first award so if getting the first award most weeks is getting paid he did ;) ... Griffths left because he wasn't liked by a number of players, have heard this from a few Hawks players that he wasn't very popular.
Also as for not paying players you can add Langford, Wade Dixon etc to the long list that play elsewhere because they want the money... If you are good enough like Eagle, Walsh, Couch, Harth, McQueen etc you back yourself in to get in the best most weeks and receive the incentives on offer for best players... Much better way to run a club and for the past 5 years seems to be a good working model.
As for Tamba etc going on about Saints paying players good luck to them... Saints is a club with a great culture where players want to play for the club unlike putting in Pokies and taking money off people who more than likely can't afford to lose it to buy players....

touchy touchy on the subjuct still , ;)

I didn't bring it up again couldn't give a brass razzoo about, do you or not anymore, just mentioned there was a crack in the story :rolleyes:

oh life is grand :D:D:D:D LOL

From the Western Boarder Blogs

Well a ball hasn't been bounced yet for 2012 and South Cairns think the suns shines out of his arse. You had some good points in your post:thumbsu:.

Doesn't seem like people hate him, but, I can also read people don't rate him as a coach?? All opinions I guess:).

another tamba's dummy spit

Where do you get it
, :rolleyes:

this is pure unadulterate rubbish only a couple people have met him up here

two of us have asked about him from down South

BUT that means we want some info thats all

so your statment the sun shines is anything but fantasy

or do we have another coach assainator like we had last year before the season starts :(:(

Teamwork - Did you play at Broadbeach? I was around the club for a few years (2005ish until work sent me all over the place. Got a good inside word that Eagles has not signed yet but the club is fairly confident. That is why I am glad to hear Dixon has signed at Norths!!! The boy can play, although he was at full back then.

Plugg3r has been quiet, maybe Richard has told him to hold back??? Or is he on footy trip? Surely Souths have done all the homework in the world this year to make sure they get the right bloke, they would not want the same season as last year.

I have had the worst spring carnival ever, could get it all back today if Niwot gets up... My tip of the day, Lamasery in race 8 at Melbourne.

Speaking of the hawks... Has anyone heard from Plugger lately? I hear Ben Hallas and him have been catching up a bit. Ben is learning how to put on 180 kgs so he can be a big bussling full forward just like Plug! Everyone can only aspire to be a physical speciman just like the great man!

I am thinking that Ben Hallas needs to work on other areas of his game than to be trying to size up and match his frame to a person nick named 'plugg3r'.

Teamwork - Did you play at Broadbeach? I was around the club for a few years (2005ish until work sent me all over the place. Got a good inside word that Eagles has not signed yet but the club is fairly confident. That is why I am glad to hear Dixon has signed at Norths!!! The boy can play, although he was at full back then.

Plugg3r has been quiet, maybe Richard has told him to hold back??? Or is he on footy trip? Surely Souths have done all the homework in the world this year to make sure they get the right bloke, they would not want the same season as last year.

I have had the worst spring carnival ever, could get it all back today if Niwot gets up... My tip of the day, Lamasery in race 8 at Melbourne.

Collo i was only down at the club last week, he hadnt signed and wanted to wait until after xmas to discuss it with his partner, has this taken place since last Friday? If so, carn the tigers?

It amazes me to read this stuff about Coach Griffiths. This forum has been informed by the person himself, yet there is still rubbish about the reasons for why this coach has come and gone. Kimble, flick back and read the blurbs, yes he may have been disliked but the common mail around the league is that he has returned back home to care for family.

I agree with player incentives, its the view the tigers have gone with and takes time to work. Sure players sniff around, trying to get a good deal for themselves and the players you have mentioned, from what i know, have famillies. Lets face it, every $$$ counts and if the tigers had the $$$ the majority of our juniors would not have left and had sucess with other clubs, it would have been with us at norths. As a former administrator, it certainly hurts to see your juniors and up and coming players leave to other clubs. Loyalty is a notion of the past! I blame the social media influence and the basic cost of living for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back