AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relton Roberts is on his way to Port. Excellent result for the club and the league! Those few recruits could very well be the difference between scraping into the 4 and September glory.
Yes,, Relton Roberts a great get for the club and league, but as we all know, these lads always come with a risk and an expense to were ever they go.. it's not there ability you have to worry about, it's keeping the off field side of things in place.... Hopefully he makes the flight over:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Four clearances to Port from the NTFL in the last day or so. Guess they had to wait until the GFs were finished for the transfers to come through.

Looks like they'll be tough to beat again this year.

No Territory pick-ups for other teams so far, just waiting on paperwork or did Port get the jump on the other teams?

Saint, where is the clearance information? Port have done well to attract four players. Hopefully they work out for them because I think the league looks to have dropped off a bit this year. Although i'm hoping for some improvment from the tigers and the doggies this year. Unfortunatly I think the 'lobras' are in for a very very tough year.:(

Relton Roberts is on his way to Port. Excellent result for the club and the league! Those few recruits could very well be the difference between scraping into the 4 and September glory.

Interesting when you say he is going to Port D :D

Northern Territory Football League (NTFL) Port Douglas Roberts, Relton Cancelled 22/03/11 23/03/11

And whats happening to Kane.
He played last year with Norths so whats with Tassy :confused:

Tasmanian State League (TSL) North Cairns Richter, Kane Cancelled 08/03/11
Tasmanian State League (TSL) North Cairns Richter, Kane Cancelled 01/03/11 08/03/11
Tasmanian State League (TSL) North Cairns Richter, Kane Denied 24/02/11 28/02/11

clearance information

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3392-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Tamba, a lot of those ones were cancelled and new ones have been applied for and are now pending.

Probably just a paperwork error. Since they have the bye this week, I guess there isn't too much of a rush for them.

great pick up! Only such big name pick up was Tyson Lane in 2004, really changed the game footy was played when he walked in! Hope it eventuates and he plays great footy for Port!

Relton Roberts a great pick up and hopefully for the league and Port he stays the whole season... would be suprised if he did though.
Weekends games -
Saints by 7 goals... fair few outs for the saints this weekend however they should still prove to strong
Hawks by 4 goals
Centrals by 3 goals

Saints new player Hislop will be one to watch this weekend now that the serious stuff has started

DRK,

Nobody wants to watch redheads, let along chubby ones. Far too many rangas in the Saints lineup this week.

Or at least one too many!

bit harsh on Hislop there Saint... do agree on the to many redheads though. should be capped at 2 as the club is finding it very hard to supply the teams with sunscreen this yr

Whats the status on young Lachy Everett, i hear he's gone to Saints?
Tough loss for Centrals, how is he shaping up this year?
At 16 id say hed still be growing.

The young man child has been killing it so far and will be an important part of the Cairns Saints senior side

Saints had 2 good wins against Norths today. The reserves kicked it off with a 3 goal win b4 the seniors won by 160pts. Alot more than most would have expected. Big Reece "Marshmallow" Poyner was on fire in his first game for the clun bagging a handful. With Saints still missing up to half a dozen walk in starts. Things have gotten off to a good start.

Saints had 2 good wins against Norths today. The reserves kicked it off with a 3 goal win b4 the seniors won by 160pts. Alot more than most would have expected. Big Reece "Marshmallow" Poyner was on fire in his first game for the clun bagging a handful. With Saints still missing up to half a dozen walk in starts. Things have gotten off to a good start.

Saints far too classy today in the dry, good on ya boys! Very skilled and disciplined! Unlike opposition.

News is more to come in for saints....;. Can anyone verify, be keen to watch them run up against Port and to see where they are at!

How did South Cairns go, saw they only just got beat by Centrals, a big improvement on last season at this early stage, lets hope they can keep it up. Heard the new coach led by example and played really well.
Is Walsy playing at Saints this season or having the year of because of injury?

How did South Cairns go, saw they only just got beat by Centrals, a big improvement on last season at this early stage, lets hope they can keep it up. Heard the new coach led by example and played really well.
Is Walsy playing at Saints this sea7 minutes son or having the year of because of injury?

As I tipped it would be a nail bitter in the footy record. :D
Souths led by 3 goals most of the match, but some undisciplined play lost them the game , but only just as they rallied again in the last 7 minutes to boot some majors.

The coach led by example was everywhere, reminded some of us the style of play of Kennedy from Saints, he was ably assisted by a number of local & interstate players.

This side WILL Not be the easy beats this year, yes we will lose some, but not always flogged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I tipped it would be a nail bitter in the footy record. :D
Souths led by 3 goals most of the match, but some undisciplined play lost them the game , but only just as they rallied again in the last 7 minutes to boot some majors.

The coach led by example was everywhere, reminded some of us the style of play of Kennedy from Saints, he was ably assisted by a number of local & interstate players.

This side WILL Not be the easy beats this year, yes we will lose some, but not always flogged.

Hey Tamba

Great to hear the cutters showed some early form.

What were the undiscipline acts that may have cost the cutters the game (if any):confused:

How did the ressies fair?

Well I was a long way off with my margins but I still think I may have been the closest out of anyone on here.

Hawks by nearly 200 points!
Saints by 160 points!
Centrals by only 11 and if my sources are correct, Souths led at 3/4 time?

As much as Hawks were a well drilled, disciplined, machine - Cities, at least, were playing youth in an effort to develop. But Norths today, they were abismal! bereft of any effort at all. Saints must get credit for there work to post such a total, but gee Norths were ordinary. I'm sorry to be so critical Watsons but the league must be tearing their hair out at that result Yesterday.
Well done to Souths for getting so close but I hear Centrals are very ordinary.
Judging by round 1 it seems to be a 3 horse race already?

Hey Tamba

Great to hear the cutters showed some early form.

What were the undiscipline acts that may have cost the cutters the game (if any):confused:

How did the ressies fair?

3-4 50 metre penalties against them, that put Centrals in the goal square

Ressies were good 12 goals on board at half time, but took foot off pedal in second half & succumbed to niggling & intimidation after half time still had good win

quote , upthemiddle

end quote

your sources did not give the full story, there is no way it is a 3 horse race.
Centrals were darn lucky to steal the game & they know it

Well I was a long way off with my margins but I still think I may have been the closest out of anyone on here.

Saints by 160 points!

As much as Hawks were a well drilled, disciplined, machine - Cities, at least, were playing youth in an effort to develop. But Norths today, they were abismal! bereft of any effort at all. Saints must get credit for there work to post such a total, but gee Norths were ordinary. I'm sorry to be so critical Watsons but the league must be tearing their hair out at that result Yesterday.

Didn't see the game mate and it doesn't look good, but to say there was no effort at all is pretty harsh. I think you'll find ours was a pretty young side too, although probably not as young as Cities, and I know that there is only one way to go now, up. Reports from a couple of the 2's boys said we gave away 7 or 8 50m penalties in the first half alone!! Definitely something kane is gonna have to stamp out immediately. Hate to say it, but it makes this weeks home game against the Lions 'interesting':eek:

A couple of thumpings to begin the season, not the best for the comp. I have heard that Centrals are fairly ordinary too so we may end up with that 3 horse race. Although there doesn't appear to be any Black Caviars in the race!

well big weekend for the saints.....great work all round.........might need to die the greys for red...or as some would say strawberry blonde......the ranga's all played great games lol

Went to Saints Norths game & was very disappointed, Umpiring was substandard & inconsistent for both teams. Norths were undisciplined & got worse with some decisions against them & I thought some of the Senior players should have stepped up. Expect to see a massive improvement next week against Seymours Lions otherwise it is going to be a very long & disappointing season. Not sure where the commitment & determination has gone that was displayed 2 weeks ago in the pre-season comp. Come on Tigers, plenty of talent on display, regain the commitment, find some discipline & just get on with playing good footy.

Saints by 160 points!

Was a good day for Cutters with ressies having a great game. The seniors showed they will be up there this year.

I know it has been the source of great debate on here over time but I have to say this one comment. The Cutters Senior Team were beaten by the Umpires and not by Centrals.

But what the hell happened to Cities and Norths? Have read that Norths were undisciplined but how?? What happened to Cities? I thought they were suppose to be one of the ones to watch? I noted on their playing roster in the record that it seemed very light on. Do they still have players to come??

Norths weren't terribly undisciplined, nobody was sent off and there wasn't a lot of aggro, but the umpires were red-hot on late contact and back-chat, which resulted in about 10 50m penalties against Norths and I think two against the Saints.

At least there was one close game.

Top of the table clash between Hawks and Saints this week, should be a belter.

As i've said before, Round 1 can be a bit misleading, some teams fail to find their feet altogether. I think Norths will bounce back and have a good win against City this week.

Souths might be able to get over Port with the extra game under their belt.

Bit harsh saying the umpiring was poor Saturday... you can not touch or grab a players jumper after they have marked it and the North players continued to do so.. Also numb 13 and 40 for Norths continually tried to take on more than one tackle and got done for holding the ball when they got caught. From the sidelines looks like the umpiring was poor but to the letter of the law the umpires were correct.

Did Richter watch the same game as everyone else?? In the paper today he said he thought they were good... They were horrible and other than the rucktaps were beaten all over the ground and had to many players who would only run forward

Saw both games at Cazalys on the weekend and they weren't fun to watch. Cities did look young but it was not pretty at all and they will lose players during the year if the results don't change. It could have been worse, Manunda's kicking at goal was poor.

My love for Tigers died a bit, the display they put on was below par and your right Dr K, how Kane could be happy with it. 50m penalties and blokes just trying to do to much. After all the work they club has done off the field I hope the results are more positive during the year. When will Kane play again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back