AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played under chris adams last year.

i never once had a problem with the bloke. Yes, he was out there, yes he loves his footy, (lives and breathes it) but a little too much.
In my opinion was not a good coach in many areas, inlcuding his own performance and tactics.

Things got so bad, that all clubs in the league showed absolutely no respect for us.

it got so bad, that a rival club got one of our geurnseys and pi$$ed on it, saying that's how much they respect our club, because of Adams.

This is in a town with three teams, (a 4 team league, but one was from interstate).

I have it under good authority that under no circumstances was my football club contacted during the south Cairns process of appointing and researching him.

you mayb think we are making this up to vindicate the bloke, but we are just informing you all out there what one bloke can do to a great, fantastic, well-liked and respected club (we WERE the most liked an respected until Adams came along) now we have a season rebuilding back that respect within the league and community.

It's an open forum, I'm just letting everyone know and giving my version of events.

I'm sure Chris didn't tell you everything, as the bloke who posted previously who stated he rang clubs he claimed to have played for but hadnt heard of him.

I hope he has changed, but this is just a warning.

No saints in the Top 4 Watson ?!! Big call wouldn't mind a wager on it considering we have picked up better than we have lost ;)
Yeah sorry mate, probably didn't write it too well, Hawks to be top (at end of reg season), Saints/Centrals 2nd and 3rd, Cities bottom and the rest of us fighting for 4th spot.

At no point have I bagged the bloke directly, but simply stated the feedback I have been given from the local troops. If you look carefully at my posts, you will find that I wish both Chris and Souths all the best for the upcoming season and that they improve compared with last year.

Interesting to see a private message from Chris to myself with many insults directed my way.

Chris, I will not be calling you on the number you agressively left on the message, but I will continue to post on this site, whether you like it or not! I had hoped that the rumours were false regarding your past but your message proves otherwise.

I still wish souths all the best for the coming year and despite your message, hope you can get the cutters into some winning form.:thumbsu:

Let me take this opportunity to clear up some facts regarding Chris. First of all, I am involved with the last club Chris coached at in Mt Isa. I was also part of the committee that appointed him to his first coaching appointment in his footy career. I still currently retain a position on the Executive of that club but am not on this forum acting in any official capacity. And, I am not here on an Alias name.

I too have received a couple of agressive phone and text messages from Chris in the last few months regarding comments being posted on this forum. One of those was that I was posting on this forum under an alias, which I categorically deny.

I have joined bigfooty to see in full what all the fuss is about. I have not come on this site to bag or defend Chris (I think that has already been done) but to state a few facts:

1. South Cairns never made contact with the Club in Mt Isa regarding Chris's coaching in 2010. Not that their is anything wrong with that, South Cairns can select their coach in which ever fashion they feel. All clubs are different, just look at the AFL itself and all clubs have different selection methods.

2. As reported on this forum and the Cairns Post Chris has had some association with Port Melbourne in the VFL and a WAFL side. He had some involvement with Port Melbourne Reserves but never their senior side. If you have a look at the Sportingpulse website for Port Melbourne they have a listing of all recorded players who have ever played for the club since its inception over 100 years ago. As for the WAFL, Chris's resume indicated he participated in a preseason with a WAFL team but did not make the cut. He played that season in the Goldfields in WA.

3. Our footy club has left 2010 in the past. We have reviewed the pro and cons of all facets of our club, taken them on board and moved on. Some of those pros and cons relate to Chris's performance as Coach and we will learn and improve from What Chris did well and things that did not work for him. In my 12 years playing at this club I have found that all coach's differ and there is always players who will enjoy playing under a certain coach and some that don't. Quite possibly one of ouir current or past members (we generally have a 60% turnover of players being a mining town) have taken a swipe on Chris on this forum, but having read all this I would say there is only one of our club members here. It appears to me that their has been somebody from every club Chris has played with have a swipe on this forum, but I am sure we have all offended people in the past some more than others. There have been some who have been positive.

I doubt I'll be having time to come back on this forum again because I have more important things to do, but if anyone wish's to contact me they can contact me via email on bbravos75@yahoo.com.au

I wish Chris and the cutters the best of luck, but I will be barracking for Port Douglas Crocs given I lived their for a couple of years back in the mid nineties.

Oh, and I hope the Bombers smash the mighty Pies tomorrow night.

No saints in the Top 4 Watson ?!! Big call wouldn't mind a wager on it considering ;)
we have picked up better than we have lost

Serious??? According to clearances you have lost Hammond (BOG in GF), Cother (should have been best on the GF), Rushton (B and F?), Kenno has done his knee and won't play much if at all, both Walsh's, now Steven Davies, I am sure a couple more have moved on. There are at least 5 of your top probably 7-8 players.

I see ins on the clearance list, who are the new recruits to make you "better" than last year?

we have picked up better than we have lost

Serious??? According to clearances you have lost Hammond (BOG in GF), Cother (should have been best on the GF), Rushton (B and F?), Kenno has done his knee and won't play much if at all, both Walsh's, now Steven Davies, I am sure a couple more have moved on. There are at least 5 of your top probably 7-8 players.

I see ins on the clearance list, who are the new recruits to make you "better" than last year?

Saints lost over half of its flag team from 2009 and still won it in 2010. The same as happened this year and i cant see why they cant give it a shake again.

i'll have Hawks to beat Centrals for the preseason comp, but as many have said noone really cares and I really don't think you can read too much into these results. In saying that, I do think hawks will be hard to beat all year... and that Port, Souths and us will be fighting for 4th spot.

Can anyone advise me if my drinking partners at the RSL are correct, in that the Hawks actually one both games last year in their group, no loses, yet didnt reach the final, as one of the other teams that actually lost a game had a better percentage and went into the final of the pre season cup???

Let me take this opportunity to clear up some facts regarding Chris. First of all, I am involved with the last club Chris coached at in Mt Isa. I was also part of the committee that appointed him to his first coaching appointment in his footy career. I still currently retain a position on the Executive of that club but am not on this forum acting in any official capacity. And, I am not here on an Alias name.

I too have received a couple of agressive phone and text messages from Chris in the last few months regarding comments being posted on this forum. One of those was that I was posting on this forum under an alias, which I categorically deny.

I have joined bigfooty to see in full what all the fuss is about. I have not come on this site to bag or defend Chris (I think that has already been done) but to state a few facts:

1. South Cairns never made contact with the Club in Mt Isa regarding Chris's coaching in 2010. Not that their is anything wrong with that, South Cairns can select their coach in which ever fashion they feel. All clubs are different, just look at the AFL itself and all clubs have different selection methods.

2. As reported on this forum and the Cairns Post Chris has had some association with Port Melbourne in the VFL and a WAFL side. He had some involvement with Port Melbourne Reserves but never their senior side. If you have a look at the Sportingpulse website for Port Melbourne they have a listing of all recorded players who have ever played for the club since its inception over 100 years ago. As for the WAFL, Chris's resume indicated he participated in a preseason with a WAFL team but did not make the cut. He played that season in the Goldfields in WA.

3. Our footy club has left 2010 in the past. We have reviewed the pro and cons of all facets of our club, taken them on board and moved on. Some of those pros and cons relate to Chris's performance as Coach and we will learn and improve from What Chris did well and things that did not work for him. In my 12 years playing at this club I have found that all coach's differ and there is always players who will enjoy playing under a certain coach and some that don't. Quite possibly one of ouir current or past members (we generally have a 60% turnover of players being a mining town) have taken a swipe on Chris on this forum, but having read all this I would say there is only one of our club members here. It appears to me that their has been somebody from every club Chris has played with have a swipe on this forum, but I am sure we have all offended people in the past some more than others. There have been some who have been positive.

I doubt I'll be having time to come back on this forum again because I have more important things to do, but if anyone wish's to contact me they can contact me via email on bbravos75@yahoo.com.au

I wish Chris and the cutters the best of luck, but I will be barracking for Port Douglas Crocs given I lived their for a couple of years back in the mid nineties.

Oh, and I hope the Bombers smash the mighty Pies tomorrow night.

Here Here, I hope the Bombers smash the Colliwobbles as well.

Can anyone advise me if my drinking partners at the RSL are correct, in that the Hawks actually one both games last year in their group, no loses, yet didnt reach the final, as one of the other teams that actually lost a game had a better percentage and went into the final of the pre season cup???

Sounds about right but would have to check for sure. In saying that, I thought they may have lost one.:confused:

Yeah sorry mate, probably didn't write it too well, Hawks to be top (at end of reg season), Saints/Centrals 2nd and 3rd, Cities bottom and the rest of us fighting for 4th spot.

I think you're pretty much on the mark Watsons.

I have 2 mates who have played in the reserves for the past 2 seasons and have now been asked to step up there efforts as the club needs them in the A's this year due to lack of quality players. But will see.
And never judge the Hawks on the pre season cup as they never ever win but have that type of club where players rock up out of the wood work once the season starts. Having plenty of indiginous boys linked to the Hawks you never know when they are going to turn up. So any1 keeping an eye on the Hawks squad u must know there are more to come.......
I was also told that Bartlett is already unhappy at the Bulldogs and might still be going to the Hawks yet. So by round 10 it might be a different look side all together from round 1. So any players reading this if you really want to just win a premiership with some great characters. Training on an excellent field with a huge club then dont muck around come and join the Hawks.

I have 2 mates who have played in the reserves for the past 2 seasons and have now been asked to step up there efforts as the club needs them in the A's this year due to lack of quality players. But will see.
And never judge the Hawks on the pre season cup as they never ever win but have that type of club where players rock up out of the wood work once the season starts. Having plenty of indiginous boys linked to the Hawks you never know when they are going to turn up. So any1 keeping an eye on the Hawks squad u must know there are more to come.......
I was also told that Bartlett is already unhappy at the Bulldogs and might still be going to the Hawks yet. So by round 10 it might be a different look side all together from round 1. So any players reading this if you really want to just win a premiership with some great characters. Training on an excellent field with a huge club then dont muck around come and join the Hawks.

Which club are you talking about that needs the 2 reserve players Jack?

Heard a funny one at the bar tonight Jack, you might be able to confirm or deny. Ex Tiger Glen Martin was thought to have signed with you blokes (after you agreed to his terms) until a certain city councillor, whose son plays at the club, said no way, and Martin has been told to look elsewhere. Apparently, Martin absolutely sprayed the young fella in the paper about costing his team the game in the local cricket comp, and the Hawks committee were told that they don't need blokes like him at the club.??:confused::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a funny one at the bar tonight Jack, you might be able to confirm or deny. Ex Tiger Glen Martin was thought to have signed with you blokes (after you agreed to his terms) until a certain city councillor, whose son plays at the club, said no way, and Martin has been told to look elsewhere. Apparently, Martin absolutely sprayed the young fella in the paper about costing his team the game in the local cricket comp, and the Hawks committee were told that they don't need blokes like him at the club.??:confused::eek:

I can tell you right now Watsons that comment, as baited as it is was, is complete nonsense. Leaving any past attitudes at the door, Marto has come to Hawks, and under a strict team first regime has impressed and slotted in nicely by showing he is willing, and able, to be a team player. Anything less won't be tolerated at Hawks. He will be a huge asset to our club and we're glad to have him.

Heard a funny one at the bar tonight Jack, you might be able to confirm or deny. Ex Tiger Glen Martin was thought to have signed with you blokes (after you agreed to his terms) until a certain city councilor, whose son plays at the club, said no way, and Martin has been told to look elsewhere. Apparently, Martin absolutely sprayed the young fella in the paper about costing his team the game in the local cricket comp, and the Hawks committee were told that they don't need blokes like him at the club.??:confused::eek:

Talk about political interference :rolleyes:

we'll see today if he turns out for them

Dunno about that one Watson's, the boys at the RSL tell me he has slotted in well at the Hawks, as have all their new lads.

Seem to be a very disciplined club down at Cazaly's, proof will be in the pudding with his attitude, lets give it a few eeks before more comment.

Bartlett going to Hawks is interesting comment, would the Hawks have him after he stuffed them around pre season?? One of the barmen told me the Hawks were pretty peeved with his turn around?????

Checked up myself, they did win both games, no loses, but had an inferior percentage somehow, pretty stuffed up how that worked, but anyway thats pre season!!!!

Lets see how the new boys look right across the board today and tonite, hopefully we will see some good kids comin thru, and some good close games.

Bring on season 2011!!!

I can tell you right now Watsons that comment, as baited as it is was, is complete nonsense. Leaving any past attitudes at the door, Marto has come to Hawks, and under a strict team first regime has impressed and slotted in nicely by showing he is willing, and able, to be a team player. Anything less won't be tolerated at Hawks. He will be a huge asset to our club and we're glad to have him.
Not sure what you mean by baited, but as I said, it was something that I heard at the pub and merely wondered if there was any truth to it. I'm sure marto is fitting in well there and no doubt he could play a few handy games for you.

Not sure what you mean by baited, but as I said, it was something that I heard at the pub and merely wondered if there was any truth to it. I'm sure marto is fitting in well there and no doubt he could play a few handy games for you.

Ex Tiger Glen Martin was thought to have signed with you blokes (after you agreed to his terms) until a certain city councillor, whose son plays at the club, said no way, and Martin has been told to look elsewhere. Apparently, Martin absolutely sprayed the young fella in the paper about costing his team the game in the local cricket comp, and the Hawks committee were told that they don't need blokes like him at the club.??

The highlighted areas are what I meant by baited pres. None of these highlighted comments have one iota of truth to them, hence they are baited to cause trouble. Comprende?

Ex Tiger Glen Martin was thought to have signed with you blokes (after you agreed to his terms) until a certain city councillor, whose son plays at the club, said no way, and Martin has been told to look elsewhere. Apparently, Martin absolutely sprayed the young fella in the paper about costing his team the game in the local cricket comp, and the Hawks committee were told that they don't need blokes like him at the club.??

The highlighted areas are what I meant by baited mr president. In fact it's the very definition of a baited statement. None of these highlighted comments have one iota of truth to them, hence they are baited to cause trouble. Comprende?

A couple of guys who have copped a bit of stick showed a few up today at cazalys. Souths coach showed he will probably be their best player. He had a fair 2 games till he gave away a 50 in the dying minutes of the loss to City's. And the 38yr old for Saints showed probably the cleanest ball handling of anyone all day and will be pushing for a senior spot rd.1 no doubt.

Seems seeing another tiger ran out for the Mighty Hawks today..... Go Hawkies!

Whilst there is a fair bit of light on the north cairns and manunda relationship, could it have something to do with president Brett Potter...... Seems to coincidental that sooooo many players have left the club, a new coach every year...... Maguane, Oakley, Lord and now Ricter that its a reflection of the leadership.... Potters work ethic and appearance has alot to be desired for and by his attire and constant prescence in the bar on game day, could this be why people are leaving. A good role model to have at the top it seems and a far cry from the leaders of the past. Good luck to Ricter as he is clearly the only shining light on a club thats lights, from what the whispers say, will shortly be turned OFF!

Saints look to be the measuring stick of the comp and will again figure in the finals series. The brains trust of Max O'Halloran will surely have the saints up and running for 2011. Doesnt seem to be any new recruits but there seems to be whispers of an ex AFL player coming to cairns and heading over to Saints for the season.....

The new look Lions, look to be very weak..... New coach Seymour (ANOTHER ex tiger) will have his work cut out for him for the 2011 season. Labelled a developing year, i cant not help but think, they will go winless for the season.....

Whilst there is a fair bit of light on the north cairns and manunda relationship, could it have something to do with president Brett Potter...... Seems to coincidental that sooooo many players have left the club, a new coach every year...... Maguane, Oakley, Lord and now Ricter that its a reflection of the leadership.... Potters work ethic and appearance has alot to be desired for and by his attire and constant prescence in the bar on game day, could this be why people are leaving. A good role model to have at the top it seems and a far cry from the leaders of the past. Good luck to Ricter as he is clearly the only shining light on a club thats lights, from what the whispers say, will shortly be turned OFF!

Saints look to be the measuring stick of the comp and will again figure in the finals series. The brains trust of Max O'Halloran will surely have the saints up and running for 2011. Doesnt seem to be any new recruits but there seems to be whispers of an ex AFL player coming to cairns and heading over to Saints for the season.....

The new look Lions, look to be very weak..... New coach Seymour (ANOTHER ex tiger) will have his work cut out for him for the 2011 season. Labelled a developing year, i cant not help but think, they will go winless for the season.....

Hey mate, dunno what club you support, but to put it bluntly the crap you have posted about the Nth Cairns pres is a pretty low act!!

Why dont you go to the club you support and try being a VOLUNTEER and join your committee, or even try the job on as President, I bet you would not be saying half the crap you are saying now, give the bloke a break, he is trying to get the club going and from my RSL mates reports the Tigers were ok yesterday and the kids did well.

Keep personal grievance's off this page, and go join the committe!!!!!!!!!

Yeh on the money there Lach you fella, some very good footy given the conditions, what about Harbrow form the Hawks, he was very good in the slush,

Whats Braico doin, heard he was playing with the Hawks, see him runnin around with City's, and didnt see big Cam with the Bullies, was he working???

Saints looked ok, Port were very good, although they had the best of conditions, Hawks were fair, better for the run, Tigers were good, excellent game plan, Bulldogs dissapointed, but will be ok, Cutters will struggle, but the coach was reasonable as were a couple of the kids, Cities, well, long year comin up out there I think!!

Good luck to all teams this year!!

Mate dunno who you are but you obviously know nothing about Brett Potter or the effort he puts in at Norths while the like of you sit back and take pot shots. How about getting out from under you alias give the bloke a call and if you think its all doom and gloom offer some help instead of bagging a bloke who gives his all it is very easy to critsise alot harder to actually do something

I think your being a little hard on Brett Potter , no tougher job in a football club than a President has, 30-40 hours a week as a volunteer,,while the majority of the football departments are paid..If someone was interested in taking the job of Brett, i would be pretty sure he would be over the moon,, but of course no one want's to do the toughest job for nothing..and to have a crack at a bloke for having a drink at the bar.. GOD CRIKEY.. Readycns you must be a tea toatler who walks around squeezing his bum cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back