AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say quite easily, DRK, but if they can't beat them this weekend, they probably never will.

I do like Tamba's assumptions and predictions of disharmony because of too many coaches or other sides figuring them out. But in the end, injuries can stop a train and getting the 4 points was what it was all about on the weekend and that was sealed in the third quarter.

The top 4 does look sealed now, can't see Souths catching Centrals after the flogging they gave them.

All to play for at the top though, Saints seem to be faltering while Hawks and Port are hitting their straps. Long season though.

Booth didn't kick a big bag, but extended his lead in the goalkicking. Did Hallas kick 8 last time against hawks? Might be looking forward to this week. Kicked the first 3 on Ehlich in the first quarter last game, interesting to see who they play on him this time around.

Yeah 4 for Booth wasn't bad - he spent a lot of time running out of the pocket. Secured a good lead in goal kickers. Great game to watch

Saints do have a strong reserves side with plenty of guys able to step up to the 1s when they get the opportunity. But I wouldn't use the word 'rotate'. Best 22 gets picked every week. A couple of rugby converts would be on the cusp of senior selection, I would think.

Port Douglas probably had the best depth of any of the sides we've seen this year. Had plenty of guys in their 2s who would look at home in the 1s.

Don't see that as a problem at all Lachrilly, true we never looked like winning but a) we haven't had much to cheer about so far this year, b) we were never over the top or in Saints faces about it and c) (most importantly) we have a bunch of kids playing who really need to get that enjoyment out of a game. One of our u16 boys played a half in the 2s than came out and kicked 3 in the last qu of the Seniors. Why shouldn't he celebrate?
On a side note if our young star Thomas Holland isn't in the rep team then there is something wrong. Absolute Star:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Have to agree with you there Watsons, what's wrong with the young guys showing a bit of emotion and pride? Good on them I say. Lachrilly stop being a wowser, they weren't effecting anyone were they? As for Tom Holland, don't let him burn out before his prime. I've been watching another youngster in the Cairns league and he looks spent this year.

It's actually 36 points watsons, and we wouldn't be silly enough to play over the limit mate.

I think the only game worth tipping is tonight's game and I think Souths may get up in a very close game!
Interested to know what measures, if any, were taken to repairing the playing surface at Crathern park. Anyone know?

Shit loads of water.;)

Saints do have a strong reserves side with plenty of guys able to step up to the 1s when they get the opportunity. But I wouldn't use the word 'rotate'. Best 22 gets picked every week. A couple of rugby converts would be on the cusp of senior selection, I would think.

Port Douglas probably had the best depth of any of the sides we've seen this year. Had plenty of guys in their 2s who would look at home in the 1s.

Haha turn it up Saint! Port's depth is their real weakness, as they freely admit. Saints are head and shoulders above the comp in depth.

I have no problem with guys celebrating a goal. Its good to see but when you over do it when you are getting flogged it looks bad. In a 2's game a few weeks ago Saints were flogging Souths when a Souths guy kicked a goal and then ran back to the middle with his fingers out pretty much saying how good am i. when your getting a touch up be happy with a goal but save the real celebration for when you put your team in front late in a game or kick the sealer after a big comeback.

Problems of field at Souths again ive heard, Prez has had enough and stood down I have been told.
Not to many players are happy with the coach and the way hes doing things, why didnt they keep Robbie D, suck it up cutters:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Mate please dont be another w***er that puts rubbish on this page, I can and will vouch for the Cutters Pres, top guy, hard worker and a good bloke, he stood down for reasons that are his and his alone, nothing to do with you or anyone else as to why he has stood down, but one day when your get some spuds you mite try and have a crack at the Presidents role, and when you step down for whatever reasons you step down for, lets see how you handle w***ers bagging you!

On the Tom Holland note, he is a good young player that I fear will be burnt by his own exuberance, and the fact he tries to carry the Tigers on his own back everytime he gets the pill, knowing Kane I think he is smart enough to encourage his play, yet at the same time try and teach him that the game is a team sport, and he needs to bring others into the game with him.

Top 3 certainly looks settled, 4th spot will be interesting, CTB have a good advantage at the minute, but lets see what they have this round?

Talk of sides always having numbers out is Australia wide, the best 22 you have are the ones that run out on the given day, Saints may have some injuries and unavailable, as have all clubs, but I would expect them to field a good team in top of the table clash with Hawks, and Port sitting pretty waiting for Hawks at Port after they clash with the Saints, so interesting week or 2 coming up for the top 3!

Tips for this week: Port, by plenty if Souths don't respond from the Centrals game
Norths by a few goals or even less
Hawks in a ripping game at Griffiths Park.

Tips for this week: Port, by plenty if Souths don't respond from the Centrals game
Norths by a few goals or even less
Hawks in a ripping game at Griffiths Park.

My kiss of death

Hawks - lets see them prove they are the goods

Lions -- in a big call--if they are to win this might be the one

Port ---lets be realistic, Souths may get close

I have been looking on the clearances link on page 9 and can see a few people have been denied transfer. Can anyone tell me what it is that denies players from going to other clubs. I would have thought that if you wanted to move on there would be nothing that your old club could do to stop you. Can anyone please explain some of the reasons for denial.

Money would have abit to do with - unpaid fees etc

Confused with K Richter clearance though considering he played with Nth's last year

If the Hawks are serious flag contenders they will beat Saints tomorrow. Saints will be well below full strength with a number of injuries and players unavailable. I will still pick Saints to win but this game will show whether Hawks can go all the way. Saints by 1 goal

Norths should be too strong for Cities. Both teams are improving as the year goes on but i see Norths coming out on top. Norths by 40pts

Port should be easy victors over Souths. Lets hope Souths effort last week was a one off bad game and they show what they are made of tomorrow.
Port by 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachrilly; said:
Surely its time for Hawks to show all this promise they have failed to deliver. Excuses are running thin and time to step up. All the followers on here are saying, when this guy returns when we are at full strength in a few weeks. Its time for them to show us this talent they so called have and put the doubters to rest. For their sake i hope its soon.
Lachrilly; said:

Lachrilly; said:
Saints have a few key guys out injured at the moment plus a few unavailable this week.
Lachrilly; said:

Lachrilly; said:
If the Hawks are serious flag contenders they will beat Saints tomorrow. Saints will be well below full strength with a number of injuries and players unavailable. I will still pick Saints to win but this game will show whether Hawks can go all the way. Saints by 1 goal.

Says it all really.

Lachrilly; said:
Surely its time for Hawks to show all this promise they have failed to deliver. Excuses are running thin and time to step up. All the followers on here are saying, when this guy returns when we are at full strength in a few weeks. Its time for them to show us this talent they so called have and put the doubters to rest. For their sake i hope its soon.
Lachrilly; said:
Lachrilly; said:
Saints have a few key guys out injured at the moment plus a few unavailable this week.
Lachrilly; said:
Lachrilly; said:
If the Hawks are serious flag contenders they will beat Saints tomorrow. Saints will be well below full strength with a number of injuries and players unavailable. I will still pick Saints to win but this game will show whether Hawks can go all the way. Saints by 1 goal.

Says it all really.

LOL Your spot on Teamwork

Nothing new for “Mr Contradictory’ Lachrilly. He is back in fine form. Just have to read his dribble for the last couple of years to see his comments are very inconsistent. I hope for his sake he does his homework and reads his own posts before spruiking off at every side except Saints on this blog. Poor old Cutters used to cop it but now it looks like Hawks.
But then again all clubs have got one of them – There called w***ers

Two sides with 22 players – May the best team win....

So its ok for everyone else to blame injuries all the time but when i talk about people being out once its not right. All i was saying is that this week is the perfect week for Hawks to show the comp what they are made of with a strong showing. I dont bad mouth other clubs. If i have in the past ( and no doubt someone will drag them up) i apologize. I may comment on things i have seen that i dont think are right but i dont criticize how clubs are run or how AFL Cairns is run. I agree that it will be 22 on 22 as it is every week but sometimes the 22 you want isnt always the 22 you have out there .From now on i might stick to my tips and wont share things about Saints as they are obviously not liked.

Problems of field at Souths again ive heard, Prez has had enough and stood down I have been told.
Not to many players are happy with the coach and the way hes doing things, why didnt they keep Robbie D, suck it up cutters:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I see a few people have answered your question about the Prez.

But nobody has said your statement about the players being unhappy with the coach is untrue. Mmmmm.... maybe their was a bit of truth in the stuff that was written on here earlier in the season. Could be a long season for the Cutters after their very sad showing last Friday night.

My kiss of death

Hawks - lets see them prove they are the goods

Lions -- in a big call--if they are to win this might be the one

Port ---lets be realistic, Souths may get close
Tigers beat Lions by 11 points today, was never much in it, very scrappy game, only thing worse than standard of footy was standard of umpiring. Supporters of both sides left scratching their heads constantly. Worse still umpires advisor was one of the men in control, I gave him a wrap earlier in the year but he took a few steps back today, hope local umps aren't dragging him down:confused: Also heard Saints convincingly beaten by Hawks??

Well we finished work early and we travelled to Saints this week to watch the Hawks embarrass them at their home ground. Completely destroyed them by 111 points. Saints only kicked 4 goals and only 1 one after half time!

Well we finished work early and we travelled to Saints this week to watch the Hawks embarrass them at their home ground. Completely and utterly destroyed them by 111 points. Saints only kicked 4 goals and only 1 one after half time!

Embarrassing - too true. Heard yesterday at Griffiths that the Rep Squad had been announced. How is it that Boxall and Coatsworth were picked over Booth - who's currently on 34 goals for the year. Oh.... is it that they play for Saints and Crocs??

Another 7 goals for the Hawks player. Good form.

Embarrassing - too true. Heard yesterday at Griffiths that the Rep Squad had been announced. How is it that Boxall and Coatsworth were picked over Booth - who's currently on 34 goals for the year. Oh.... is it that they play for Saints and Crocs??

Another 7 goals for the Hawks player. Good form.

From watching yesterday you would think Booth would be first choice full forward. His marking was great and his kicking for goal isnt text book but is accurate. Coatsworth would be one of the first picked in my book. He has been one of Saints best all year till a hamstring cut him down a couple of weeks ago. Hawks were great yesterday with their ball use and run. Made Saints look bad most of the day. Pretty sure we have a outright favourite for the flag now thats for sure.
In the 2's Saints a good 10 goal win in a good team performance.

Tigers beat Lions by 11 points today, was never much in it, very scrappy game, only thing worse than standard of footy was standard of umpiring. Supporters of both sides left scratching their heads constantly. Worse still umpires advisor was one of the men in control, I gave him a wrap earlier in the year but he took a few steps back today, hope local umps aren't dragging him down:confused: Also heard Saints convincingly beaten by Hawks??

One thing funny about the umpires at Fretwell yesterday was in the Reserves just before half time, Port kick a good goal just over by an arms length,

but,

two players went down over the line,
Goal umpire trying to get out of way did a Scottish jig,
And trying to signal it was a legit score,
one Souths player quick thinking grabbed the ball and took off across the backline to clear it out, field umpy called play on, Souths ran away with it and scored down the other end

Whilst two Port players stood looking back at goal ump with their hands out asking what the ---k,
Goal Ump had his hands on his hips shaking his head waiting for someone to come back to him about it.

I was sitting at my usual seat at the can bar with others and had a good laugh.

Ok we were beaten, but in a Main field umpire day (reserves) one waved to the crowd when it was pointed out right in front of them a head high that nearly took the chaps head off & called play on.

Seniors were just as bad, ump's no.27 should be retired & 11 is a joke, both stop being bias, one rule for all, not just one team :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back