AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

February 1st ------ Barra season opens at midday of course

AND

Transfer window now open :eek:

Who has who, will be released over the ensuring days, weeks, months

And contra to some rumors,
I am not standing for the Presidency at South Cairns
(could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard this yesterday o_O )

Have heard from a very reliable source that Luke Powell is indeed going to Cutters along with Jason Campbell.

Who is Jason Campbell? Did he play at Hawks last season? I'm not trying to be funny, just cant picture him or remember his name mentioned alot

Can any Hawks/Tigers people confirm or deny that Willie Allick has been training with the Tigers?. Just something i heard the other day.

Hi everyone I'm from a competition in country victoria and have heard that Dan Lewis is heading here, it's the number one league in country Vic, just wanted to get feedback on the type of player he is and how you think he will go here? Thanks

Heard today that Daniel Lewis has taken up an offer in melbourne and won't be playing in Cairns this season. Can anyone confirm or deny this. Lets hope its not true for the league and Lions sake

Yes he has taken up offer! SJ confirmed it this morning while have a cuppa and phone chat!

Can any Hawks/Tigers people confirm or deny that Willie Allick has been training with the Tigers?. Just something i heard the other day.

It would be quicker to tell you who Allick HASN'T trained with and from the sources sitting around at Fasta Pasta, he isnt getting the $$$ he thinks he deserves........ Maybe Lions could secure him now that Lewis is committed South......

Hi everyone I'm from a competition in country victoria and have heard that Dan Lewis is heading here, it's the number one league in country Vic, just wanted to get feedback on the type of player he is and how you think he will go here? Thanks

So Lewis is heading to the O&M or GV is he??? He'll go very well but Cairns is no way near the standard of those leagues. Great bloke and will be missed in Cairns.

Lewis and Gill gone is terrible for the league and the standard will surely drop. Both were clearly standout players and top people. Is there money from an AFL Cairns point of view to offer players of this level a part time development role?? I understand Lewis coached a jnr Lions team and Gill worked with the Saints u16s every now and then.

Souths have recruited very heavily over the summer and will most likely start the season as premiership fav's. Word is a handful of players with VFL experience, Powell, Pittorino? and maybe Allick? from Hawks, Couple from Tigers and close to signing an ex GC rookie are the rumours circling at the moment..

Any truth to this Tamba???

Which club is he going to mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Souths have recruited very heavily over the summer and will most likely start the season as premiership fav's. Word is a handful of players with VFL experience, Powell, Pittorino? and maybe Allick? from Hawks, Couple from Tigers and close to signing an ex GC rookie are the rumours circling at the moment..

;)

We are still talking to interested parties.
An ex WAFL premiership player & SANFL up and coming under 18 (2012) / reserve grade player
Two confirmed locals, Powell & Campbell

Are you for real?? Noone but the reigning undefeated premiers will be flag favourites before a ball is bounced, and even then it probably won't change.

So it seems south cairns cutters are throwing money around again up there ? Has it worked before? Do they have the money ?

Check your facts first don't throw the muck you tried a few years ago at the club, we have no money to throw around, Cazaly's own the bar and management rights of Fretwell Park. The penguin and coach are sweet talking along with the players getting their mates to come along and check us out.

Have to agree with Watsons, usually believe that last years grand finalists would start as favorites, however Hawks find themselves in a bit of bother. I'm hearing Norths have recruited well and tip them to improve again. Find it interesting though, when Souths recruit people cry "MONEY" but when Norths recruit "????" I know I'm likely to cop a bit of stick, but I'm not prepared to think for one minute that Norths aren't flashing some around...

Blokes leave clubs to go to other clubs for what tamba .... MONEY .... If they had mates at clubs why would they leave ? so why do they leave to chase the coin . Do u know everything that goes on at clubs no there is only a handful of people rest of us are kept in the dark been going on for years .... Tigers and saints big year in 2013 they both have great set ups on/off field

Blokes leave clubs to go to other clubs for what tamba .... MONEY .... If they had mates at clubs why would they leave ? so why do they leave to chase the coin . Do u know everything that goes on at clubs no there is only a handful of people rest of us are kept in the dark been going on for years .... Tigers and saints big year in 2013 they both have great set ups on/off field

To tell the truth we have been chasing Powell for a couple years, Jason came over of his own accord.
Hawks are a club currently in ???? with NO PRESIDENT after TWO AGM's

Which club is poaching Port Douglas players, money seems no object from my source :eek: & it isn't us at South Cairns

U can't make up your mind tamba wamba , we didn't approach anyone now u say you were after him for years , from what I heard hawks are a nothing club this year will struggle all year ? But it's still only February so who knows .... Who are the port guys leaving ?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back