AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done on Saints under 12's and 14's making the Grand Finals this sunday. Great win by the 14's especially in keeping the Gary Ablett medalist to next to know influence in the game.

Well done on Saints under 12's and 14's making the Grand Finals this sunday. Great win by the 14's especially in keeping the Gary Ablett medalist to next to know influence in the game.

Lachrilly you say something nice, then you're just an arrogant tosser! I know you are trying to get a bite, but trying to get it through someone's kid isn't on. If he had no influence I bet he tried and I bet that's all his coach could ask of him. There are some very good footballers in the under 14's and he is one of the best.

Well done to Kanjia Kumara on a great win tonight in the league medal, hopefully there are many more feel good stories like his in the league.

Lachrilly you say something nice, then you're just an arrogant tosser! I know you are trying to get a bite, but trying to get it through someone's kid isn't on. If he had no influence I bet he tried and I bet that's all his coach could ask of him. There are some very good footballers in the under 14's and he is one of the best.

Well done to Kanjia Kumara on a great win tonight in the league medal, hopefully there are many more feel good stories like his in the league.

He is a very good player obviously that's why i made mention of the great effort by the Saints boys on Sunday. The boys were rapt and did mention his influence when talking after the game. He was a massive key to Hawks chances. Considering i have a kid playing i wouldn't take a pot shot at a kid as i wouldn't want one taken at mine. Kanja is a great young kid and good on him on his efforts this season.

Lachrilly, once again you are proven as an A grade goose. You wonder why we all despise your mob....

On a positive note, some great efforts from the junior presentation night. Well done to CC Lions Branden in the 12's & Walter in the 16's, both excellent young men & very good footballers in the making. Kanjia in the 14's was nice to see also, he's great to watch & is going to be some sort of player. Congratulations & good luck to Port Powers multiple GF sides as well, their increasing strength & numbers will hopefully convince CAFL to grant them a senior berth in the not too distant future.

Whilst I don't usually make excuses, the Gary Ablett medallist has been playing with a bad back for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately he has been unable to train but rather than let his team mates down and he still went out and played (his choice).

Whilst I don't usually make excuses, the Gary Ablett medallist has been playing with a bad back for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately he has been unable to train but rather than let his team mates down and he still went out and played (his choice).

I might also add, the Gary Ablett medallist's brother stepped up and played in the U14's and kicked a goal from the forward pocket on the run and played strongly. He's also playing in the U12 Grand Final on Sunday. We might have another medallist on our hands but he's not real keen on going to St Augustine's. He can always play for another school I guess.

Kiss of death for this week -

Hawks V Norths - I'm going to say Hawks. If Cutters can do it so can Hawks. I believe the Tigers still have some lingering injuries this week. Plus the fact it is do or die for the Hawks. If they play like they did against Centrals they'll give it a good shake.

Lions V Saints - Saints but I reckon they'll be battered and brusied for their efforts.

Port V Cutters - Port to win at the Croc pit.

Bad luck to the St Augustine's boys yesterday. They went to highly fancied Palm Beach Currumbin High School team in the final of the QLD Schools AFL Final. PBC came straight out of blocks and I think our boys were overwhelmed by the speed. After a passionate half time speech by Coach Walsh, the boys came out and gave a better account of themselves and didn't give up until the end. The boys can hold their heads high as they created a lot of firsts for school AFL. Final score was 103 to 19.

Interesting Round this week, will 4th place be semi-confirmed or will we go to the final week of football??

Hawks v Norths , cannot see Norths letting this one slip threw their paws, they will be after too make amends for last weeks catnap against a very determined and strong Cutter Team that left them licking their wounds.

Lions v Saints , a training hit-out for the Saints lads.

Port v Souths, PD will be out to keep their record fairly much intact, only losing once at home this year. Souths have always had trouble getting players to commit to this away game. Last time here, 4 players said they will play but 20 minutes before the game were no shows. Will say D Lock will do all he can to talk up the high rewards involved in this game to the ladz. South to take this one very very close and lock away 4th place.

I'm in Tully this week for a dog show.

Walsh 19 goals on the weekend, massive effort. Would have to be the favourite for the league medal with the goals he's kicked for the 2nd half of the year?

Huge game shaping up between hawks and cutters, with a win and 3% separating them, hawks would have to win by about 5 or 6 goals to snatch 4th place you'd think? Really looking forward to watching this with both seasons on the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh 19 goals on the weekend, massive effort. Would have to be the favourite for the league medal with the goals he's kicked for the 2nd half of the year?

Huge game shaping up between hawks and cutters, with a win and 3% separating them, hawks would have to win by about 5 or 6 goals to snatch 4th place you'd think? Really looking forward to watching this with both seasons on the line

Good to have a game in the last round that means something. You would have to favour Hawks at this stage. Port would need to smash Saints to overtake them into 2nd spot and i can't see that happening. Port and Saints in the ressies is a great game as the winner takes 2nd and the double chance. Interesting round coming up. Also Walsh needs 7 i think to break the goal kicking record he set last season.

Lachrilly, once again you are proven as an A grade goose. You wonder why we all despise your mob....
Ive come on here just to point out, that CCL you gutless wonder, are again pitching like you're speaking for many to justify your comments. Maybe you should be asking why everyone despises YOUR mob, and if you don't believe that anyone does, well why cant you attract any decent players and get the joint off the ground. 'WE ALL' despise you mob, coming from a club that cant attract reserve graders from every other club. Muppet

Speaking of reserve graders, what happened that rugby bloke Nathan Crane? One suspects they couldnt keep the suncream up to the pink fella and he was asked to leave before the budget was blown...

Kiss of death for the final round.

Cutters V Hawks - This is going to be one tough game. One would think that the more than vocal crowd at Fretwell will get the Cutters home. If Hawks can maintain their mettle they will go close to winning. Hawks need to win by at least 40 to make the four. I'm going for Hawks but in a nail biter.

Tigers V Centrals - Tigers for me, I think they'll make mince meat of the doggies. Provided they can kick straight this week.

Saints V Port - This will be an interesting game. Both teams will be looking to see how they're travelling coming into the finals next week. Saints to get up.

Ive come on here just to point out, that CCL you gutless wonder, are again pitching like you're speaking for many to justify your comments. Maybe you should be asking why everyone despises YOUR mob, and if you don't believe that anyone does, well why cant you attract any decent players and get the joint off the ground. 'WE ALL' despise you mob, coming from a club that cant attract reserve graders from every other club. Muppet
Nice one Mr Happy. If someone comes on this forum having a crack at kids then he gets what he deserves, not just from me. I suggest you crawl back under your rock...."muppet"...

Kiss of death for the final round.

Cutters V Hawks - This is going to be one tough game. One would think that the more than vocal crowd at Fretwell will get the Cutters home. If Hawks can maintain their mettle they will go close to winning. Hawks need to win by at least 40 to make the four. I'm going for Hawks but in a nail biter.

Tigers V Centrals - Tigers for me, I think they'll make mince meat of the doggies. Provided they can kick straight this week.

Saints V Port - This will be an interesting game. Both teams will be looking to see how they're travelling coming into the finals next week. Saints to get up.

Souths v Hawks , ---Souths and Hawks both know what they need to do, Hawks need 3% swing will be hard. To be honestly truthful Souths and Hawks will only make up the numbers in the finals. Neither will go past week one.

Tigers V Centrals, -- Dogs can start looking for next season after this mauling.

Saints V Port, --- Saints a tip toe through the Tulips, Port will drop out after week two in the finals

The GF will be Tigers v Saints ---- with Tigers to Win 2013

Congrats to Matt Walsh 134 majors and breaks his record :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

(as an interest what is his strike rate, how many behinds 20-30 :p ??? o_O) no not taking the piss he is a great player hats off to you Matt just interested

AFL Cairns Semi Final Double Header:
Saturday, 7th September 2013 @ Cazalys Stadium

11:00AM Reserves First Semi Final: Cairns Saints vs. South Cairns

1.00PM Seniors First Semi Final: Port Douglas vs. South Cairns

3.30PM Seniors Second Semi Final: North Cairns vs. Cairns Saints

6.00PM Reserves Second Semi Final: North Cairns vs. Port Douglas

Entry will be $8.00

Souths v Hawks , ---Souths and Hawks both know what they need to do, Hawks need 3% swing will be hard. To be honestly truthful Souths and Hawks will only make up the numbers in the finals. Neither will go past week one.

Tigers V Centrals, -- Dogs can start looking for next season after this mauling.

Saints V Port, --- Saints a tip toe through the Tulips, Port will drop out after week two in the finals

The GF will be Tigers v Saints ---- with Tigers to Win 2013

Don't be surprised if Port make the GF - a very much underrated team. Suspect they'll play Tigers but could be wrong too.

I have said my view on this over the previous years and have been shot down quicker than the Red Barron knocked all out of the sky. I love the idea but many don't.

Again Hawks have been discussed many times what happens to them. They have been or were told to leave HQ at the end of this or next year.

Again where is the money coming from ? $1.5M is what keeps the southern teams in the NEAFL South. That fact is easy to check.

My only concern, if that type of Doe Ray Me is around would it not be better to improve our league instead of throwing money at ---- would be, could be, but can't make it ---so called footballers taking coin or holding Cairns AFL to ransom .
I know it already happens here and the club I support has been duped many times into paying the coin over the years for sweet bugger all return, but where do we as supporters of AFL Cairns draw the line and get pissed off with fly by night / season thieves.

Wrong again Tamba. The Cairns NEAFL team will progress and succeed, and I believe be a benefit to local clubs. Sure, each club will lose some players to the squad but they will be replaced by others looking for an entry into the AFL.

And for finances - AFL Cairns has many a fault, but they aren't silly when it comes to planning or money. Young deserves the benefit of the doubt

Wrong again Tamba. The Cairns NEAFL team will progress and succeed, and I believe be a benefit to local clubs. Sure, each club will lose some players to the squad but they will be replaced by others looking for an entry into the AFL.

And for finances - AFL Cairns has many a fault, but they aren't silly when it comes to planning or money. Young deserves the benefit of the doubt

Where am wrong again o_O If you read the post --I said " I love the idea" . And I have always said so , I just had some reservations about mercenaries with the cash that's all, my view is well known here about this subject This was written back on July 30, it is now Sept, you trolling past posts to pick an argument ??

FairnessInFooty, sh-t stirrer that is

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back