AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wins by Harman and Murrumbidgee over the teams above them, and the loss by ANU sees the 4 almost sorted. Depends on how Gungahlin go the next 6 weeks but they have Harman twice, ADFA, Eastlake, Murrumbidgee and Woden - no sitters there

The competition is awesome this year with it definately coming down to the wire for the top 4 spots. I would never count out ANU due to their experience in big games and coming back from the dead to make finals in the past.

Looking forward to the next few weeks to see if the 4 will sort itself out or if it will come down to the last few rounds.

Your mob is home for the finals Hilly.

A good run home after beating ADFA this week. Got the hard ones out the way, and 8 easy points against Tuggers and Ainslie - I would say you blokes are just about certainties.

Your mob is home for the finals Hilly.

A good run home after beating ADFA this week. Got the hard ones out the way, and 8 easy points against Tuggers and Ainslie - I would say you blokes are just about certainties.

Top for this year will be
Belconnen - Just a bad day out against Harman, who played out of there skin, Pretty easy run home with Ainslie x 2 and Tuggers x 1
Harman - Will battle it out but if they play like they did on the weekend they will not lose another game till finals
Bidgee - pretty easy run home and looking good with 2 easy games which will see them through.
ADFA - Good start to the season will see them just scrap in by percentage

For me the GF will come down to Belconnen and Harman.

Anyone else have a thought to how the season will finish?

I have to agree with you BMPDB about the top 4.

Belconnen
Harman
Juggers
ADFA

If the Juggers can win through to the second round of the finals and come against Harman then I believe we can beat them. We seem to have it over Harman the last few years due to good match ups. But when it comes to finals footy you just never know. Look at last year with Belconnen getting beaten after they looked like taking it out all season. Will be some good hard matches during the final series.

My pick is Magpies vs Juggers grand final. Only on match ups out of the 4 teams up top. If Gungahlin scrape into the final four then they will be hard to beat in the finals due to experience.

I have heard that Belco have alot of injuries in 1's and 2's up to 16 which is hurting them a little but i suppose they will all return at some stage.

I think it is a bit early to say any side apart from Belconnen will make the top 4 for certain. Some very big games this week, Harman v Gungahlin, Woden v Murrumbidgee also ANU v Eastlake.

harman and gungalin always put on a great show but if harman play like they didi against belco the will be hard to beat

Very true, if Harman play like they did against Belco they will win pretty easy, but they are very on and off this year, you would say they played there best game of the season against Belco last week.:thumbsu:

All, have we got picks for this weekend?

My picks are:
Harman to just get over the line against Gungahlin (2 goals)
ADFA to beat Tuggeranong by 100pts
Murrumbidgee to beat Woden by 3 goals
ANU to come back this week to beat Eastlake by 24pts
Belconnen to win by 2,345pts over Ainslie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harman by 12pts ,Pearl BOG :)
ADFA by 50
Mbidgee by 6
Eastlake by 18 goodnight Uni ,Windscreens O'brien to pull a hammy:eek:
Belco/Charnwood by plenty.

Doe's anyone know why we don't have a final 5 system in div 3&4 ?

Harman by 12pts ,Pearl BOG :)
ADFA by 50
Mbidgee by 6
Eastlake by 18 goodnight Uni ,Windscreens O'brien to pull a hammy:eek:
Belco/Charnwood by plenty.

Doe's anyone know why we don't have a final 5 system in div 3&4 ?

Just to clarify most of Belco are from holt :p.

Div 3 tips:
Gungahlin should beat Harman, but I reckon by less than 2 goals. Should be a cracker!
ADFA by lots. What else can you say? Hopefully Tuggeranong can make it competitive...
Murrumbidgee by 6 goals, bringing Woden back to earth after a close one last week.
ANU in a close one V Eastlake. Getting close to the end of exams, the uni lads should get a few back.
Belconnen by lots as well. Got nothin' on this one either!

Div 4:
Gungahlin, stung into action after last weeks performance to beat ADFA by 15 goals.
Harman V Eastlake is a bit of a lottery. Harman very up and down this year, Eastlake look like they've thrown in the towel for '08. Harman should win by 2 or 3 goals.
Yass by 15 goals V Murrumbidgee. If the 'Bidge can shutdown Foran, they might only lose by 10...
Goulburn will by tough to beat after knocking off Belconnen last week, but I'm tipping ANU to become the "nuisance" team of Div 4, so reckon ANU will get up.
Belconnen should win comfortably, but by how much will depend on how many Cootamundra manage to get on the park away from home.

After my woeful tipping effort a couple of weeks ago I didn't think I would be back but here goes:

Div 3:

Jets, Rams, Juggernauts, Demons and Magpies

Div 4:

Jets, Hogs, Roos, Swans and Magpies

No margins......baby steps:D

Ok as I see it

Gungahlin to beat Harman
Anu to beat Eastlake
Belconnen to beat Ainslie
Our future fighting force to beat tuggers
Woden to ruin Jugs family day and win a close one

BigHill as a Kambah boy myself why arent you guys playing home games at Kambah this year? I heard there was something to do with the ground being unsafe? Never been a problem before playing with burnt car wrecks, empty beer bottles and syringes on the field:) I also miss the Kambah Inn boys all rolling down to the ground - you guys offer a free shuttle nowadays to get them to Stirling:)

Ok as I see it

Gungahlin to beat Harman
Anu to beat Eastlake
Belconnen to beat Ainslie
Our future fighting force to beat tuggers
Woden to ruin Jugs family day and win a close one

BigHill as a Kambah boy myself why arent you guys playing home games at Kambah this year? I heard there was something to do with the ground being unsafe? Never been a problem before playing with burnt car wrecks, empty beer bottles and syringes on the field:) I also miss the Kambah Inn boys all rolling down to the ground - you guys offer a free shuttle nowadays to get them to Stirling:)
Now now epp the burnt out cars were only ever in the carpark and the driveways leading into the oval.Many an oval have their own little talking points like shooing sheep off to tyre marks embedded after the previous night hoons doing donuts it all adds to the boutique stature of these grounds

Eppa, due to our past relationship with the Canberra wildcats we moved to Stirling oval for our home games. can't complain since its one of the best ovals available. the surface at kambah is definately not playable at the moment but we do still train there.

...the surface at kambah is definately not playable at the moment but we do still train there.

So, how come Tuggeranong V ADFA is being played there tomorrow? Can't be that bad. Have you ever played at Yass? Now there's a "boutique" ground if ever I saw one! Great place to do an ankle! And you only get a change room if they remember to put the crappy little marquee up.
Speaking of other "boutique" grounds - ANU's wonky goal and point posts are pretty nice, as was the day there were no lines marked anywhere on the ground!!! That's what VSU does though, I guess...;)

So, how come Tuggeranong V ADFA is being played there tomorrow? Can't be that bad. Have you ever played at Yass? Now there's a "boutique" ground if ever I saw one! Great place to do an ankle! And you only get a change room if they remember to put the crappy little marquee up.
Speaking of other "boutique" grounds - ANU's wonky goal and point posts are pretty nice, as was the day there were no lines marked anywhere on the ground!!! That's what VSU does though, I guess...;)

All grounds in 3s and 4s do have their challenges!!!! From memory the Harman and ADFA grounds dont have the second circle marked in the centre for ruck contests - has that been rectified lately.

The ground out at Stirling is in good nick, the surface is one of the better ones at this level. ANU South Oval is Ok, just gets very boggy under foot when there has been a few drops of rain. there is an "up hill" and "down hill" (no reference to Big Hill meant there!!!) at Kambah. Reid Oval is an u12s size footy field, Jamo centre square is the wettest patch of land in South East Asia, Amaroo is a nice big ground but needs to be flatter - ie the centre is elevated too high.

Someone mentioned earlier about finals being played at Ainslie - fingers crossed for Ainslie Oval or manuka Oval!!:) And I think that there is probably not a top five because it means an extra week of footy which equates to more umpires, available grounds etc (too hard for the slackers at AFL Canberra to organise).

Games this week could still go either way, but to embarrass myself here goes:
Gungahlin over Harman
ANU over Eastlake
Belconnen over Ainslie
ADFA over Tuggeranong
Murrumbidgee over Woden
With the exception of Ainslie and Tuggers I expect all the other games to be high quality contests.

Soome final thoughts:
If ANU lose against Eastlake on the weekend they will not make finals
If Gungahlin lose to Harman they will not make finals either.

4s tips
Jets too good for ADFA
Harman over Eastlake
Yass to beat Bidgee
Goulburn to beat ANU
Belconnen over Coota (probably a forfeit)

Top three looks almost settled here. Yass on top, Belco would almost have to rely on the Jets dropping some games to take 2nd spot. Its game on for 4th spot - Goulburn has a massive percentage difference over Harman and Juggers. Juggers do have the toughest draw coming up, will test them. Round 17 Harman v Goulburn - the winner of that game will make the finals.

harman over gungalin
anu over eastlake
belconnen to smash anslie
Adfa over tugg
Murrumbidgee over woden

And for the twos
eastlake to beat harman looks like we are struggling for numbers this week
jets
yass
goulburn
belco i hope cota dosent forfit tho it never does the club any good

All grounds in 3s and 4s do have their challenges!!!! From memory the Harman and ADFA grounds dont have the second circle marked in the centre for ruck contests - has that been rectified lately.

The ground out at Stirling is in good nick, the surface is one of the better ones at this level. ANU South Oval is Ok, just gets very boggy under foot when there has been a few drops of rain. there is an "up hill" and "down hill" (no reference to Big Hill meant there!!!) at Kambah. Reid Oval is an u12s size footy field, Jamo centre square is the wettest patch of land in South East Asia, Amaroo is a nice big ground but needs to be flatter - ie the centre is elevated too high.

Someone mentioned earlier about finals being played at Ainslie - fingers crossed for Ainslie Oval or manuka Oval!!:) And I think that there is probably not a top five because it means an extra week of footy which equates to more umpires, available grounds etc (too hard for the slackers at AFL Canberra to organise).

Games this week could still go either way, but to embarrass myself here goes:
Gungahlin over Harman
ANU over Eastlake
Belconnen over Ainslie
ADFA over Tuggeranong
Murrumbidgee over Woden
With the exception of Ainslie and Tuggers I expect all the other games to be high quality contests.

Soome final thoughts:
If ANU lose against Eastlake on the weekend they will not make finals
If Gungahlin lose to Harman they will not make finals either.

4s tips
Jets too good for ADFA
Harman over Eastlake
Yass to beat Bidgee
Goulburn to beat ANU
Belconnen over Coota (probably a forfeit)

Top three looks almost settled here. Yass on top, Belco would almost have to rely on the Jets dropping some games to take 2nd spot. Its game on for 4th spot - Goulburn has a massive percentage difference over Harman and Juggers. Juggers do have the toughest draw coming up, will test them. Round 17 Harman v Goulburn - the winner of that game will make the finals.

Codola, appreciate your very thorough analysis, but what's this nonsense about the centre of Ken Zimmer Oval being too high??!!? If anything's too high around here it's YOU son, with that statement!! Fair dinkum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back