AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi abh, im looking forward to see you kick a bag full for the roos especially against belconnen, perhaps i should request that game so i can see it first hand. do you have any sons aged 8 to 14 to top up our junior roos. did anyone from the yass tribune contact you, they heard about you and the roos, but i told them to cool it untill we have your signature, we will have a few beers and a chat soon. ps do you have any room left in the commentary box for a special comments guy:)

I do the best I can against all opposition DJ but yes my dislike for Belco usually does make things interesting. I was contacted but requested that I wont say to much until things are finalised - after our beers:thumbsu:

Sorry mate but my son is 7 months and not quite ready yet.

Definately have room for extra knowledge in the commentary box...

I do the best I can against all opposition DJ but yes my dislike for Belco usually does make things interesting. I was contacted but requested that I wont say to much until things are finalised - after our beers:thumbsu:

would love to have a go, will chat about that later, not sure if i will be doing balls n all next year, not sure if they would like an umpire predicting games and stuff

apparently delisting had to be in this arvo which is topical

Matthew Beckmans**
Luke Brennan
Aaron Bruce**
Nick Davis
Peter Everitt (ret)
Peter Faulks
Ben Matthews (ret)
Nick Smith**
Dean Terlich**
Kristin Thornton

** rookie

i thought bruce had a good yr and faulks did the job on ainger in the GF though he would stay. also i think the irishman murphy will not be playing much 2's i rekon he will play a lot of ones. kept orreal
Bruce doing pre-season training with the Swans, may be re-rookied.

Bruce doing pre-season training with the Swans, may be re-rookied.

maybe, mabye not. from all reports (media and most of the clubs) this years draft is a very strong one and will go deep. i think the clubs will try and have as many rookies as possible due to the gold coast having most of the draft picks in following years.

I think his name is Brendan Read not Bubba Read. He won't be coach mate i'm sure they can find someone better than him at the club. I think Donald Dunyon maybe be applying. He is a recruit from Victoria.

I heard Donald was making his way up to Canberra also. Apparently he is a top notch Full Forward and coached a side in the VAFA. Would be a handy pick up for Belconnen.

Well well well the great abh lowers his standards to become a div 4 player and whats worse befreinds the future umpire to boot :eek:
I will eat a straw hat on the steps of the tigers club the day that this actually happens.
It will be the same day hell freezes over give yourself an uppercut abh and give one to djando while your at it.:thumbsu:

Well well well the great abh lowers his standards to become a div 4 player and whats worse befreinds the future umpire to boot :eek:
I will eat a straw hat on the steps of the tigers club the day that this actually happens.
It will be the same day hell freezes over give yourself an uppercut abh and give one to djando while your at it.:thumbsu:
So how low will he have to lower his standards to befriend you juicy:p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about cash..... what about the big boys at AFL head quarters in Melbourne? AFL Canberra should go straight to the top. The AFL is pumping millions of $$$$$$ into the Gold Coast and Western Sydney initiatives, surely they have been made aware of the inconsistencies that exist in AFL Canberra. For a league that only has six first grade teams, there is a wealth of talent running around on gameday (as shown at country championships) but there is little promotion of the sport and from other posters it appears that junior development is not ideal right now either. Maybe a more agressive approach can be taken if the right money is sent our way. Of course, it would also need someone at the top spending it wisely (which would not be me)!
I think that another problem a few posters have is the topic of junior players. Whilst in an ideal world your entire first grade team would be made up of juniors, this is never going to happen in modern footy. Gaining two juniors to play regular first grade games per year would be a realistic target. "Blooding" a few more with a game here and there is also ideal, any more would be a bonus. Overall, 8-10 juniors in a first grade side is a good effort, and the rest really need to be picked up from elsewhere (usually from Vic) so that you can remain competitive in this league.
As for teams poaching juniors from other teams, F#ck 'em - if a bloke has played all his junior footy at a club and then decides he wants to leave for an opposition team for $$$ then he is not worth having at the club in the first place. Dont lose sleep over it, kinda like being dumped by a chick for another bloke!
I admit that it becomes a bit more frustrating for clubs when traditional junior affiliations have changed, maybe AFL Canberra needs to look at regulating junior development.
Finally, any rumours regarding off season comings and goings to talk about? Any retired AFL players looking like heading to ACT?
??????

thats not very nice juicy, i will enjoy watching you eat a straw hat, would you like me to bring some tomato sauce

thats not very nice juicy, i will enjoy watching you eat a straw hat, would you like me to bring some tomato sauce
Hi juicy, he is not worried about lowering his standards, he just wants to give something back to footy, and he thinks yass have a big future, looks like i might be doing some commentary work with him for qybnfm next year, so after his first game for yass, we could invite you in and we could commentate on you eating the straw hat, for those ppl who cant see it in person im sure they would like to hear you gagging on the straw, what a ratings bonanza, due to this commitment , i dont think i will be able to do balls n all program, so perhaps you could step up and take it on. go roos, ps do you guys have a coach yet, getting late you had better hurry before more jets walk out the door. Yass v Coota grand final next year

Hi juicy, he is not worried about lowering his standards, he just wants to give something back to footy, and he thinks yass have a big future, looks like i might be doing some commentary work with him for qybnfm next year, so after his first game for yass, we could invite you in and we could commentate on you eating the straw hat, for those ppl who cant see it in person im sure they would like to hear you gagging on the straw, what a ratings bonanza, due to this commitment , i dont think i will be able to do balls n all program, so perhaps you could step up and take it on. go roos, ps do you guys have a coach yet, getting late you had better hurry before more jets walk out the door. Yass v Coota grand final next year

Gee Wiz pal, looks like you might do more than commentate for him next year in the box, and you may also find your self gagging!!!!!!!

Gee Wiz pal, looks like you might do more than commentate for him next year in the box, and you may also find your self gagging!!!!!!!
Well said fisherman you crack me up.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Does that mean abh will now comment on the div 3 and 4 site ,seeing as though yass are a district club.
You will answer for him want you dj umpire !!!:)

Codola - as big a w$&nker as you are, that was the the funniest thing anyone has said one here for a long time.

To be honest i don't really care that ABH is going to play for Yass and that he has a new best mate, there is a 3rd and 4th grade page built for that and some people over there might actually care.

On another note (not about the Yass Roos), have been speaking to some Belconnen people recently and alot of them are not happy at all! It sounds like the mass exodus that happened at Ainslie a few years ago may well be going to happen at Belco. All the players i spoke to were very open in who they thought the problem was. Without naming names, the "person upstairs" has pissed alot of people off!!!

I still don't understand how or why you would sack a bloke like Steve Mahr. Not one player i have spoken to has ever had a bad word to say about him, and to sack a coach on a percieved lack of "yelling and shouting" at his players is pretty piss poor in my eyes!

On another note (not about the Yass Roos), have been speaking to some Belconnen people recently and alot of them are not happy at all! It sounds like the mass exodus that happened at Ainslie a few years ago may well be going to happen at Belco. All the players i spoke to were very open in who they thought the problem was. Without naming names, the "person upstairs" has pissed alot of people off!!!

I still don't understand how or why you would sack a bloke like Steve Mahr. Not one player i have spoken to has ever had a bad word to say about him, and to sack a coach on a percieved lack of "yelling and shouting" at his players is pretty piss poor in my eyes!

If enough people keep saying the same things then eventually some on this thread may either start to believe their maybe some issues or actually own up to it...If there is smoke, there usually is fire and again there seems to be one common denominator:rolleyes:

hey codola, whats wrong with me commentating and umpiring, I have played for 30 years and now i still want to stay involved, i am getting too old to play so umpiring and commentating is the next best thing, I have a full time job, a business on the side a wife and 4 kids, and still want to find time to umpire, i umpired and help with the juniors in yass this year and also did the balls n all radio show for div 1 , i dont know any of the players involved but just wanted to help promote afl in canberra and we all know it is needed, I did the job under the provision that i could mention who yass were playing against. I spent a lot of time researching the games, ringing respective coaches and then getting up early to do the report usually after getting home from dj ing at 3 or 4 in the morning. I thought you div 1 guys would appreciate the reports and it was all volintary. div 1 does need a lot of help, 5 teams in a premier comp is a bit of a joke, have a look at murray league or picola league, they have 16 or 17 teams in their comp and some from towns with a population of 300 or so, and a lot of them could join div 2 and teach you guys a few things. Instead of sitting back and bagging out others who are trying to help the leaugue why dont you pull your finger out and do something constructive, wouldnt hurt you know, its ppl like you and juicy and co who will sit back , complain and knock everyone else and watch all our juniors go and play soccer or something else or sit on their ass and play the playstation. As for your comment on abh, I have never met the guy but do agree with some things he has said, if you think it is weak for him to play div 4 , i think the complete opposite, he would be dropping his standard, but good players helping out small developing clubs is probably one of the best things anyone could do. When i coached east lavington in the hume league, they had folded the year before and we tried very hard to recruit, with little money, After training one night a bloke called scott drage approached me and said he wanted to help out because his uncle played their years ago and he wanted to help out a new team. we thought he was just another player but found out he had played ovens and murray seniors and was best and fairest for the tallangatta league the year before, he played for nothing and really helped us out, its players and ppl like that in footy that are few and far between. So if a high div player wants to drop back and play for nothing then i say good on them. as for div 1 and 2 being the best well, how did the grand final crowd numbers pan out div 1 compared to div 3 and 4. Not sure if you are a player or just one of those supporters who would rather hide behind the fence, bag everyone out and do nothing positive for footy. have a think about it mate and as for the comment on gagging , i found that to be disgusting, if you are thinking those things then maybe its you that needs help. and as for albert fulavi thinking it was the funniest thing he had heard come from your mouth, then if that is your real name albert, well i find that funnier and its you who has to live with that every day of your life. Hi my name is albert fulavi .......... thats all i have to say for now, but you can do two things...... either come back with another smart ass comment and continue on your way to negative land or listen to what i have said and perhaps help out with the juniors or put your hand up to join a committee or promote afl. untill then have a nice day. I am not hiding and everyone knows who i am but for you other alias guys who hide behind their nickname and speak tough and negative, then you certainly do have a big problem. go roos go hawks and to all that think i am wrong.... go jump. also it wasnt abh who wants me to commentate, another member who works for qbyn saw that i was interested and pm me asking if i would like to do it.:mad::mad::mad:

hey codola, whats wrong with me commentating and umpiring, I have played for 30 years and now i still want to stay involved, i am getting too old to play so umpiring and commentating is the next best thing, I have a full time job, a business on the side a wife and 4 kids, and still want to find time to umpire, i umpired and help with the juniors in yass this year and also did the balls n all radio show for div 1 , i dont know any of the players involved but just wanted to help promote afl in canberra and we all know it is needed, I did the job under the provision that i could mention who yass were playing against. I spent a lot of time researching the games, ringing respective coaches and then getting up early to do the report usually after getting home from dj ing at 3 or 4 in the morning. I thought you div 1 guys would appreciate the reports and it was all volintary. div 1 does need a lot of help, 5 teams in a premier comp is a bit of a joke, have a look at murray league or picola league, they have 16 or 17 teams in their comp and some from towns with a population of 300 or so, and a lot of them could join div 2 and teach you guys a few things. Instead of sitting back and bagging out others who are trying to help the leaugue why dont you pull your finger out and do something constructive, wouldnt hurt you know, its ppl like you and juicy and co who will sit back , complain and knock everyone else and watch all our juniors go and play soccer or something else or sit on their ass and play the playstation. As for your comment on abh, I have never met the guy but do agree with some things he has said, if you think it is weak for him to play div 4 , i think the complete opposite, he would be dropping his standard, but good players helping out small developing clubs is probably one of the best things anyone could do. When i coached east lavington in the hume league, they had folded the year before and we tried very hard to recruit, with little money, After training one night a bloke called scott drage approached me and said he wanted to help out because his uncle played their years ago and he wanted to help out a new team. we thought he was just another player but found out he had played ovens and murray seniors and was best and fairest for the tallangatta league the year before, he played for nothing and really helped us out, its players and ppl like that in footy that are few and far between. So if a high div player wants to drop back and play for nothing then i say good on them. as for div 1 and 2 being the best well, how did the grand final crowd numbers pan out div 1 compared to div 3 and 4. Not sure if you are a player or just one of those supporters who would rather hide behind the fence, bag everyone out and do nothing positive for footy. have a think about it mate and as for the comment on gagging , i found that to be disgusting, if you are thinking those things then maybe its you that needs help. and as for albert fulavi thinking it was the funniest thing he had heard come from your mouth, then if that is your real name albert, well i find that funnier and its you who has to live with that every day of your life. Hi my name is albert fulavi .......... thats all i have to say for now, but you can do two things...... either come back with another smart ass comment and continue on your way to negative land or listen to what i have said and perhaps help out with the juniors or put your hand up to join a committee or promote afl. untill then have a nice day. I am not hiding and everyone knows who i am but for you other alias guys who hide behind their nickname and speak tough and negative, then you certainly do have a big problem. go roos go hawks and to all that think i am wrong.... go jump. also it wasnt abh who wants me to commentate, another member who works for qbyn saw that i was interested and pm me asking if i would like to do it.:mad::mad::mad:

Wow. You've snagged a big one there Codola.

Note to self - never book DJ Ando for a wedding. From the sounds of it he would play a song and commentate about it for five minutes afterwards. Seriously dude, just STFU for a while.

Wow. You've snagged a big one there Codola.

Note to self - never book DJ Ando for a wedding. From the sounds of it he would play a song and commentate about it for five minutes afterwards. Seriously dude, just STFU for a while.
truth hurts doesnt it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back