AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a thread dedicated to div 3 and 4 footy in canberra. maybe post this sort of thing there?

ABH if you are still as explosive on the lead as you are on this website yass will have the recruit of the year!:D

Any news on who might coach belconnen now?

Wouldn't use the word explosive to describe my leads anymore EF, not in these 38 YO legs. Must use smarts now and luckily most backmen aren't very!!

I would like to pass on my condolences to John Elias and the Elias family on the passing of Johnny's father Felix. Felix was a true gentleman that would have greated you at the MDO gate with a smile as he either took your players pass or your entry fee.....RIP Felix - A True Tiger Legend :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Kinda puts things back into perspective

Hey Wonky, I will be at your club Monday week doing my usual monthly business call. Feel free to come and down and introduce yourself...PLEASE

What time suits you next Monday 3/11 Wonky??

Sorry A Bit High i dont work anywhere near Magpies club, and would battle to get way in the middle of the day. but considering your going to be there how about you pop your head in the office upstairs, introduce yourself to the Football Manager or "executioner" as you call him and get your facts straight about Mahar and other topics you throw around on here. I am sure garry would welcome the opportunity to set you straight.

I would like to pass on my condolences to John Elias and the Elias family on the passing of Johnny's father Felix. Felix was a true gentleman that would have greated you at the MDO gate with a smile as he either took your players pass or your entry fee.....RIP Felix - A True Tiger Legend :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Kinda puts things back into perspective
terrible news there ABH. He really was a true gentleman thats for sure quietly spoken but well respective. Have known Jonny and his parents since we were kids played juniors as well as senior footy with him and i know how close he was to his father.

Fancy shagging your team mates missus during the week before the grand final and him finding out. No wonder a few of the Belco boys were a bit flat on GF day! More departures - underwoods, Ilett and Pahl. Lots of work to do Executioner.

Sorry A Bit High i dont work anywhere near Magpies club, and would battle to get way in the middle of the day. but considering your going to be there how about you pop your head in the office upstairs, introduce yourself to the Football Manager or "executioner" as you call him and get your facts straight about Mahar and other topics you throw around on here. I am sure garry would welcome the opportunity to set you straight.

Oh surprise, surprise.....Your happy to hide behind a computer and have a crack at me at every turn but when you get an opportunity to greet me face to face you cant make.....Typical!!

As for anyone upstairs who may have an issue with me, they can come down and greet me! I have nothing to hide as I have never mentioned any names.

I also notice you failed to comment on me being on the piss with 2 of your star players during the finals series....I guess we can say the rumours on players on the piss are confirmed then??

You also failed to comment on the rumour re Social Club not happy with money being spent on Football Club, so that one is still up in the air then??

Fancy shagging your team mates missus during the week before the grand final and him finding out. No wonder a few of the Belco boys were a bit flat on GF day! More departures - underwoods, Ilett and Pahl. Lots of work to do Executioner.

Seems to be becoming a habit out that way:eek::eek:

"Were a happy team Belconnen";)

im not too interested in who shagged who (need to back up with names if making a claim like that) but when you say the 'executioner' has more work to do, what do you mean? should he spend thousands and thousands on recruiting 'superstars' from other leagues that only stay for a year (underwoods) or spend thousands and thousands on developing u/16 and u/18s into becoming senior footballers.

if i was a belco 2's players and they paid even more recruits to play 1st next year i would serisously question the 'belief' in the club and their players.

im not too interested in who shagged who (need to back up with names if making a claim like that) but when you say the 'executioner' has more work to do, what do you mean? should he spend thousands and thousands on recruiting 'superstars' from other leagues that only stay for a year (underwoods) or spend thousands and thousands on developing u/16 and u/18s into becoming senior footballers.

if i was a belco 2's players and they paid even more recruits to play 1st next year i would serisously question the 'belief' in the club and their players.

I don't know what you're on about here. We have a full time junior development officer employed. We have a former senior coach who is in charge of the U18's and doing a fantastic job. And I reckon if we compared lists Belconnen would not have as many recruits as the other big 4 clubs running around in the senior side. Saying that though, this year and the next will be the test for how well the junior progression is working. The talent is definitely there.

Hitting the piss was mentioned a couple of times by other posters and I had quite a few with 2 current players and a past player during the final series. I left at 3.30am and they were still out!

Geez Neiso, it was @ Mooseheads, it was the 23rd of August (1 week before finals, the official week off) and to confirm the 'past player' now lives in Sydney... correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question: what does Ainslie of the 90's and Belconnen of the 2000's have in common?? Answer: More than we realise :rolleyes::rolleyes:
NOP you seem to know a lot about whats going on in local footy, are you able to comment on how much $$$$$$$ the tigers have spent in the last four years trying to buy a premiership? Hope this doesnt offend?

Geez Neiso, it was @ Mooseheads, it was the 23rd of August (1 week before finals, the official week off) and to confirm the 'past player' now lives in Sydney... correct?

Seriously wouldn't have a clue what the date was MT. Not even sure where the past player lives but was happy to see him as we always got on well. The guy could play a bit also...

Lets just say whenever I talk to people who were out and about the same 2 players seem to have been out also....Never said there was anything wrong with it, just confirming rumours that have been put on here by other posters

question: what does Ainslie of the 90's and Belconnen of the 2000's have in common?? Answer: More than we realise :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure wat they have in common, although I know wat they don't have in common. Ainslie has 7 premierships in the 90's and Belconnen have 3 of the 2000's. And with all that is goin on at Magpie land you would have to say they wont add to that silverware anytime too soon.:)

I don't know what you're on about here. We have a full time junior development officer employed. We have a former senior coach who is in charge of the U18's and doing a fantastic job. And I reckon if we compared lists Belconnen would not have as many recruits as the other big 4 clubs running around in the senior side. Saying that though, this year and the next will be the test for how well the junior progression is working. The talent is definitely there.

the junior development officer does auskick programs in schools and has nothing to do with the development of 16s and 18s players. however i did see your 18s team results and they are a big improvement on previous years. was this a focus for the club.

ok put it this way, as a supporter/player would you rather see the club spend the money on giving kids gym memberships and improving junior facilities etc or going out and buying players for 1 season (when they sould have won). if i was an up and coming ruckman (jackson maloney) and they recruited one from outside i would be a bit dissapointed. not having a go at the club for recruiting as it is needed in any league just money management.

Oh surprise, surprise.....Your happy to hide behind a computer and have a crack at me at every turn but when you get an opportunity to greet me face to face you cant make.....Typical!!

As for anyone upstairs who may have an issue with me, they can come down and greet me! I have nothing to hide as I have never mentioned any names.

I also notice you failed to comment on me being on the piss with 2 of your star players during the finals series....I guess we can say the rumours on players on the piss are confirmed then??

You also failed to comment on the rumour re Social Club not happy with money being spent on Football Club, so that one is still up in the air then??

you idiot, i have a job that my footy club didn't get for me.

the junior development officer does auskick programs in schools and has nothing to do with the development of 16s and 18s players. however i did see your 18s team results and they are a big improvement on previous years. was this a focus for the club.

ok put it this way, as a supporter/player would you rather see the club spend the money on giving kids gym memberships and improving junior facilities etc or going out and buying players for 1 season (when they sould have won). if i was an up and coming ruckman (jackson maloney) and they recruited one from outside i would be a bit dissapointed. not having a go at the club for recruiting as it is needed in any league just money management.

JD is the focus. It was all year. Hence getting Harps on board. We've always been a club that has done well when the juniors are strong and pushing through.

Agree that there always needs to be top-ups to be a force in the league but your base is what keeps you strong. No point pushing young kids through too quickly either - that can be worse than not playing them at all. I think it was after the grand final we went through junior players running around for Belconnen on the day and it was more than half so we're not doing too badly.

Saying all that though, I take your point on the quality of recruits. It's something i'm sure will be taken into consideration this year - if we go down that route

what planet are you on buddy? we didn’t recruit “gun recruit” andrew carey just ($22k in match) for him to bail at years end because of a “shit culture” under M. Armstrong stewardship.
Lets not forget who didn’t play finals footy this year?

It could have been on Queanbeyan's mad monday, but sorry to say it wasn't an official week off only 2 teams got that week off and they were Tuggeranong and Queanbeyan the 2 worst sides this year.

It could have been on Queanbeyan's mad monday, but sorry to say it wasn't an official week off only 2 teams got that week off and they were Tuggeranong and Queanbeyan the 2 worst sides this year.
good too see back on the front foot there codola and defend your club. Admirable"" So what if it was Queanbeyans mad monday,so what that it was the week off. premierships aren't only won on grand final day but weeks and months out by doing the right thing and making sacrifices. maybe if these so called belco guns went for a run or a swim or a kick it could have been the difference of 1 more point that could of put the club down in history as the 2008 premiers. So at the end of the day Queanbeyan and belconnen both ended up at the same place WITHOUT there names on the premiership cup, or name in history. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made.

good too see back on the front foot there codola and defend your club. Admirable"" So what if it was Queanbeyans mad monday,so what that it was the week off. premierships aren't only won on grand final day but weeks and months out by doing the right thing and making sacrifices. maybe if these so called belco guns went for a run or a swim or a kick it could have been the difference of 1 more point that could of put the club down in history as the 2008 premiers. So at the end of the day Queanbeyan and belconnen both ended up at the same place WITHOUT there names on the premiership cup, or name in history. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made.

Correct No orange Peeler and the best thing that Queanbeyan does is never realise that you should be sacrificing your coach. M. Armstrong is your worst asset and i have heard his last coaching negotiations will only play if he is coach, so every year the tigers “management” cave in and give him the job again just so they can have a FF.

After all your bark in previous posts about Junior Development maybe you guys should have faith in Longmore, Williams, Kavanagh to kick enough goals, maybe if appointed a good coach then you would get an extra 5% out of these type of players and would then also have a good coach.

So like a previous post what do Belconnen and Ainslie of the 90’s have in common I will ask you this question

"what do Queanbeyan and Belconnen of 08 have in common? more then you think." We have no silverware except for a reserve grade cup and club championships cup, and a womens div 2 cup just for good measure.

but where we differ the most is that our coach is a Belconnen person who has done the right thing by the club and not just himself. He has never linked his playing to him coaching. unlike yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back