AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, Ando was sent off in 92 during the sides 10 point loss to Ainslie and Roach was sent off in 94 during the sides 17 point loss and yes Andrew Toy was a poor umpire. Allegedly he was out with the Ainslie boys at 4am after the 94 GF at the "Bin". Make of that as you will!!

Perhaps now is the time for those former Ainslie officials involved in the Toy Affair who have been sacked in recent years to take revenge and tell the real story if there is one. :cool:

Perhaps now is the time for those former Ainslie officials involved in the Toy Affair who have been sacked in recent years to take revenge and tell the real story if there is one. :cool:
Or we could just beat it out of the man himself. :thumbsu: Im sure he would squeel like a girl without his white uniform and whistle:( :( .......Im sure a few tiger fans from 94 would be at the front of the cue!!:thumbsu:

Or we could just beat it out of the man himself. :thumbsu: Im sure he would squeel like a girl without his white uniform and whistle:( :( .......Im sure a few tiger fans from 94 would be at the front of the cue!!:thumbsu:

Any news on the football front or are you blokes going to complain about umpires decisions from 15 years ago forever.

Whats the news on BIG Frawley from Ainslie? I heard he has been carrying an injury or two.

Is there still a Hallendale playing in the league?

its a bit off topic but does anyone know whats happening with footy on radio in canberra this season (AFL not ACTAFL)? I enjoyed listening to rex and the 3aw boys relayed through 2CA last season but just rang them and they reckoned they weren't doing it this year. Admittedly the reception bird sounded like she had no idea but then again at the end of the 3aw grand final broadcast last year they something about under the new agreement regional relays were less likely to happen. anyoen got any clues? I assume ABC will still be a goer....

So who's everyone on this weekend. My picks are

Queanbeyan
Eastlake
Tuggers

I reckon Eastlake should roll Sydney this weekend with injuries to schneider, roberts thompson, bevan and doyle. Plus the new rules that only allow 15 listed players on the field at any one time should see eastlake get over them. Queanbeyan should easily get over the Creek on Sunday but i think Saturdays game between Belco and Tuggers should be a good one. Dont be surprised if Tuggers get over them.

Queanbeyan
Eastlake
Tuggers

I reckon Eastlake should roll Sydney this weekend with injuries to schneider, roberts thompson, bevan and doyle. Plus the new rules that only allow 15 listed players on the field at any one time should see eastlake get over them. Queanbeyan should easily get over the Creek on Sunday but i think Saturdays game between Belco and Tuggers should be a good one. Dont be surprised if Tuggers get over them.

Your joking. Swans will kill Eastlake:thumbsdown:. Too quick, too fit and too talented. Tuggers havnt a hope against Belconnen:rolleyes: . Yeah, Tigers will get over Wildcats but dont be surprised if they put up a good fight in their first outing as Canberra Wilcats :p Is Powel playing ?

Your joking. Swans will kill Eastlake:thumbsdown:. Too quick, too fit and too talented. Tuggers havnt a hope against Belconnen:rolleyes: . Yeah, Tigers will get over Wildcats but dont be surprised if they put up a good fight in their first outing as Canberra Wilcats :p Is Powel playing ?

Original, i think your the one whose kdding themselves. If you remember a few years ago when the Swans didn't have a full list and had to play a few top ups each weekend - yeah they made the finals but went out early. I think Eastlake will be too strong for them. I think the young Hawks will surprise you - dont think they'll be push overs. After the confidence they developed last year, plus some good recruits, they will be looking to show that they are the real deal. How can you say that Tuggers haven't a hope and then say the Wildcats will put up a good fight??!! Queanbeyan will no doubt smash them. Powell, Kavanagh, Quade, Ioppi, Jaques x 2. They have a great line up, very fit.

Queanbeyan
Eastlake
Tuggers

milfan can you expand on this 15 listed players rule? I'm guessing it means we can only ever play 15 senior or rookie listed players at one time on the field while the other 3 will have to be top up players?

milfan can you expand on this 15 listed players rule? I'm guessing it means we can only ever play 15 senior or rookie listed players at one time on the field while the other 3 will have to be top up players?
Thats exactly what it means although not the ideal situation for the swans it makes it more of an even competion. Canberra clubs aren't just playing for 2nd. Was talking to a respected football figure in Canberra last night and he was saying that Queanbeyan could well be the team to beat there full strength side will be as good if not better then anyone's. Eastlake will be handy. What a turn around for that club since they got there administration right. Ainslie no ones gives a toss about. Tuggers will be a handy mob got some good juniors who have been way for a while back. The Blueberry Pies will be solid as you expect of them these days. Unfortunately it could be a long year for the Pussycats. Should be a good year for footy in Canberra. Let the Games Begin:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Thats exactly what it means although not the ideal situation for the swans it makes it more of an even competion. Canberra clubs aren't just playing for 2nd. Was talking to a respected football figure in Canberra last night and he was saying that Queanbeyan could well be the team to beat there full strength side will be as good if not better then anyone's. Eastlake will be handy. What a turn around for that club since they got there administration right. Ainslie no ones gives a toss about. Tuggers will be a handy mob got some good juniors who have been way for a while back. The Blueberry Pies will be solid as you expect of them these days. Unfortunately it could be a long year for the Pussycats. Should be a good year for footy in Canberra. Let the Games Begin:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Canberra Wildcats - same sh*t, different name:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: They wont last the year out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cavedon, got smashed running back with the flight of the ball and straight into a contest involving a rampaging Jaques and Eckersly not for the faint hearted. Stick with the wildcats work in progress. Queanbo will go top 2 very well drilled.

Cavedon, got smashed running back with the flight of the ball and straight into a contest involving a rampaging Jaques and Eckersly not for the faint hearted. Stick with the wildcats work in progress. Queanbo will go top 2 very well drilled.
So he had about 250 kgs landing on him thats without jacques. I can't remember the last time a side kicked 41 goals in a match. Woul have to go back to the dayd os Defence or even Batemens Bay. I hope they improve if not we could see the return of 100 goal a year goal kickers. How did Powell play.

100 goal a year goalkickers, that would make a change from the defensive flooding basketball we play today.
Apparently Powell looked the goods, very clean and classy, will add plenty of drive to the power forwards the Tigers appear to have. They look likely to be the big improvers from 06. A dark horse perhaps even at this early stage, injuries permitting!!

Well first round of 207 - what were your thoughts?

Swans certainly look like the team to beat. If they have ANOTHER injury free year, teams in Canberra will struggle to match fitness and skills.

Belconnen maybe brought back a peg or two?? They only beat Tuggers by 2 goals on the weekend, and i heard that they were lucky to get the win.

Tuggers the big improvers again so far. They might be the dark horse this year i reckon.

Eastlkae maybe not as good as first thought, although coming up against the swans first up is always hard. Pretty good line up for the swans too, Schneider, Doyle and the likes.

Queanbeyan will push for top two. Looked pretty good, huge score over the creek. Coach armstrong would be happy with his boys, but will injuries get them again. the new bloke cavedon went down, but heard he'll be right for round 3 against aisnlie? Anyone confirm that?

Wildcats - welcome to the new struggle town.

Ainslie only fielded 17 players in their ressies and got done by the belco third grade squad. couldn't happen to a better club. it'll be interesting to see how their firsts go, but they will probably be ok with all the cash they've been throwing around. didnt someone say they were trying to change that side of their club???

Ainslie only fielded 17 players in their ressies and got done by the belco third grade squad. couldn't happen to a better club. it'll be interesting to see how their firsts go, but they will probably be ok with all the cash they've been throwing around. didnt someone say they were trying to change that side of their club???

Ainslie definitely had the full quota in. They were just not much chop. I guess that happens when all your players slink off to play at Gungahlin though.

Powell really doesn't have the best disposal, but is a handy addition to the midfield who were getting fed with a silver spoon by Jaques, Danihers killed us. Plus they were very very well drilled. Their forward line were calling plays as the ball was coming into the 50.

Ainslie only fielded 17 players in their ressies and got done by the belco third grade squad. couldn't happen to a better club. it'll be interesting to see how their firsts go, but they will probably be ok with all the cash they've been throwing around. didnt someone say they were trying to change that side of their club???[/quote]

Yeah your right 3rd grade they had a full side in... definately going to struggle 4 depth this year... say they would be payin the same if not less than any other club this year... mate said that they are confident they can compete in the actafl this year regrding they stay relatively injury free... :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back