AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt either of those 2 will play 1st grade up there. murch is ok and ellis for some reason was only playing 2s down here.

A lot will depend on their attitudes. Both boys can play a bit but they also enjoy a good time and so Cavel Ave may be their main focus! If they really want to though they can could crack seniors i recon...

Better to be washed up ABH than never was. Not too many blokes kick 800 plus goals in AFL Canberra first grade. None at Tuggville.

Great to see the smelly bum rugby comp. go bust to the tune of >$4m.That was the one that got the AFL kids and us kicked off Manuka for the finals.

Happy Christmas all you cement heads out there who contribute to this yarn.

Hook in next year.

Best news I've heard since the season ended. Suck shit to them.

Now that the rookie draft is over and a few hearts have been broken we could see a bit of noise re: player movements and signings for next year. January will be a good month for Belconnen by all accounts.

A lot will depend on their attitudes. Both boys can play a bit but they also enjoy a good time and so Cavel Ave may be their main focus! If they really want to though they can could crack seniors i recon...

haha yeah beers can be the downfall!
howcome shaunie was only playing 2s? he is definitely good enough to play 1s

haha yeah beers can be the downfall!
howcome shaunie was only playing 2s? he is definitely good enough to play 1s

He only wanted to play reserves at the start of the year cause he didn't want to make the time commitment etc to playing seniors. Then as the season went on he got on board and decided he wanted to play senior footy so he managed to play a few games. Unfortunately though he picked up an injury which set him back and then by the time he was fit again it was thought that seeing he'd qualified for reserves finals that he may as well see out the year with them.

He's definitely a handy player though - has a crack for a kid his size but getting his head around what's required of a senior player has always been the tough part for him.

Better to be washed up ABH than never was. Not too many blokes kick 800 plus goals in AFL Canberra first grade. None at Tuggville.

Great to see the smelly bum rugby comp. go bust to the tune of >$4m.That was the one that got the AFL kids and us kicked off Manuka for the finals.

Happy Christmas all you cement heads out there who contribute to this yarn.

Hook in next year.

After being kicked off Manuka Oval to be replaced by an adhoc Rugby Comp - destined to fail, the ARU and those concerned in the ACT "Labor:" Govt who made decisions based on "whatever" - got what they deserve !! A FOUR MILLION loss. And thats just the ARU. What did it cost the ACT taxpayer !!!!!

Heard a rumour that a Buchanan (brother of the Swans Buchanan) has signed with Ainslie. He along with a couple of other VFL players. Any truth in this ? Seems they are starting to attract a few players out that way. Also heard that delisted Swans Reserves player Jonathon Simpkin was close to signing with the Tricolours - think he may be from the same town as Buchanan in Vic.

Heard a rumour that a Buchanan (brother of the Swans Buchanan) has signed with Ainslie. He along with a couple of other VFL players. Any truth in this ? Seems they are starting to attract a few players out that way. Also heard that delisted Swans Reserves player Jonathon Simpkin was close to signing with the Tricolours - think he may be from the same town as Buchanan in Vic.

Isn't Buchanan's brother a state level cricketer with Victoria?

When do the transfers start going up on Sporting Pulse?

WOW - Welcome on board, but how about having a go first up and tell us your thoughts on the state of the League, its clubs and more importantly whats going to happen in 2008 !!! Do you have any information on player recruitment etc etc etc cause no other bastard has !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, all I have heard is that a couple of Ainslies new recruits from the Riverina have had second thoughts and are now staying put. Sounds like the cold hard cash in the bush is still hard to beat! I too have also heard that, unlike previous years, a number of delisted Swans could be headed to Canberra.

When do the transfers start going up on Sporting Pulse?[/quote]

I heard that under new Oz wide rules, transfers don't open until Feb 1 next year, so don't hold your breath for anything on sp

Well, all I have heard is that a couple of Ainslies new recruits from the Riverina have had second thoughts and are now staying put. Sounds like the cold hard cash in the bush is still hard to beat! I too have also heard that, unlike previous years, a number of delisted Swans could be headed to Canberra.

Most of the delisted Swans are headed for Adelaide to either South Adel or Norwood - does anyone know which club Phillips went too - he would have been a great pickup.

Hey, been watchin this thread for a bit....thought it time to join in.

I hear Robbie Phillips is coming back to Belco from Sydney and bringing another bloke with him, he's supposed to be pretty handy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, been watchin this thread for a bit....thought it time to join in.

I hear Robbie Phillips is coming back to Belco from Sydney and bringing another bloke with him, he's supposed to be pretty handy

Hey Robbie is a very good player and will be welcomed back to the Magpies. Who is the other bloke OM Special ?

i have a mate who was recently delisted by an AFL team, Ainslie rang him offering him a heap of coin and the conversation pretty much consisted of ".....amount$$$ you have our number you won't get a better deal"of course he said thanks but no thanks!!
good way to sell your club litterally, he actually said they were quite rude about it.

Merry Christmas boys and girls - looking forward to catching up on all the goss in the New Year.

Hopefully i'll run into you all at PJ's Tuggeranong, or in BeerDawg's case at the Lighthouse, or in ABH's case outside Centrelink QBN.

All the best boys!

Great to hear Booza coming back to play at Belco, could be the type of player to harden up the club after the poultry showing displayed in the latter half of the year!!!! One of the best blokes you will ever meet at a footy club- no matter what grade you play...

Merry Jihad to everyone in Canberra and I really hope I shit my pants at your Christmas party 3GM!!! Go the (Belco) Pies!!!!

(Proud Magpies member till 2011)

Merry Christmas boys and girls - looking forward to catching up on all the goss in the New Year.

Hopefully i'll run into you all at PJ's Tuggeranong, or in BeerDawg's case at the Lighthouse, or in ABH's case outside Centrelink QBN.

All the best boys!

Dont you mean in my backyard on the Gold Creek Golf Course :D

Dont you mean in my backyard on the Gold Creek Golf Course :D

Is that the Club thats going broke since being taken over by a certain NSW club ?

Hey all, especially ABH, all the best for the festive season and I look forward to a year of banter in 2008. Dont lose your sense of humour, nor your loyalty and beyond all lets wish for an exciting AFL Canberra season - headed by - you guessed it - the Might Maggies !!!

i have a mate who was recently delisted by an AFL team, Ainslie rang him offering him a heap of coin and the conversation pretty much consisted of ".....amount$$$ you have our number you won't get a better deal"of course he said thanks but no thanks!!
good way to sell your club litterally, he actually said they were quite rude about it.

They must be throwing a quid around. Heard yesterday over Christmas lunch that they had signed at least 4 players from Box Hill in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back