AFL coaches think Shane Edwards is a better footballer than Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

CavernousAnyGreendarnerdragonfly.gif

That is a thing of absolute beauty

wow - this thread is gold!

if Tigers fans are happy with edwards and hawks happy with cyril - then all good!! we are all happy, why the need to compare...??

but

in all honesty, if you surveyed all the coaches asking them which player they would pick....who do you think they would chose?

its a no brainer.....

ha

wow - this thread is gold!

if Tigers fans are happy with edwards and hawks happy with cyril - then all good!! we are all happy, why the need to compare...??

but

in all honesty, if you surveyed all the coaches asking them which player they would pick....who do you think they would chose?

its a no brainer.....

ha
I think they'd pick Edwards, safer option.

Currently Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne are all over 30, Lewis, Roughead, and Birchall all nearing it with only Rioli who has just turned 26 a couple of months ago.

Fair to say if the Hawks don't win another flag in the next year or two none of the above players will win their fifth.

Rioli has the benefit of another tilt soon, and last long enough to survive another rebuild. He could potentially be the only player of this generation with five premierships and would certainly finish as HoF.

If an Edwards falls in a final but everyody forgets about it, will he have ceased to exist? Is this thread the only hope he has to be otherwise forgotten in mediocrity and prolong his inevitable mortaility?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second in the Peter Crimmins medal in this premiership year.
How did Shane go again in the Jack Dyer?
Must have blown it out of the park yeah????

Seems to be a lack of Richmond posters in this thread now, so I'll answer on their behalf. 15th. Missed a few weeks with the leg, but obviously well off the pace.

This thread has been awesome.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Please post another one next year blaisee, it's been quite the omen

Hopefully he can propel another Hawthorn player to a Norm Smith and top 3 finish in the B&F by comparing them to the next tiger's flavour-of-the-month. Things that happened to Cyril since he was compared to Edwards by blaisee:
- All Australian Nomination
- All Australian
- Norm Smith
- 4th Flag
- Runner up in B&F of a team that just won its 3rd flag in a row.

Thank you blaisee

Last edited:
It's a pity Cyril didn't play against Carlton in Round 23, otherwise he probably would've won the Crimmins Medal.

Hawks B&F - most votes in finals:
  1. Sam Mitchell, 45
  2. Cyril Rioli, 40
  3. Luke Hodge, 39
  4. Josh Gibson, 35

Hawks B&F - after Round 20:
  1. Cyril Rioli 143
  2. Josh Gibson 138
  3. Sam Mitchell 131
  4. Luke Hodge 129
  5. Luke Breust 121
  6. Shaun Burgoyne 119
  7. Ben Stratton 119
  8. Jack Gunston 112

Fair enough if you wanna enjoy your win, but credit where credit is due, Shane Edwards is a pretty good player too.

He's just not Cyril.

I think nearly after nearly 100 pages, and over 2000 posts, I only a Tiger supporter could've finally said it best.

Otherwise really Hawthorn FC or Richmond FC should be vying to contract blaisee very quickly for a $1million dollar contract to be the next coach, if not the next list manager.

Was injured.

Indeed and was aware - I actually rate Edwards highly and it was a shame that he broke his leg and missed so many games - he was on track for a sensational year. I'm just stirring Blaisee's pot - he has been good value

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL coaches think Shane Edwards is a better footballer than Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back