AFL coaches think Shane Edwards is a better footballer than Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Richmond have a best club man or most consistent award. Or did he miss all those awards as well.

*sorry you beat me to it
2015 Jack Dyer Medal top 10Alex Rance – 76
Dustin Martin – 60
Brett Deledio – 54
Anthony Miles – 50
Jack Riewoldt – 48
Trent Cotchin – 47
Nick Vlastuin – 47
Bachar Houli – 46
Shaun Grigg – 44
Dylan Grimes – 44

So if you don't rate the awards then why are you bothered.
Your a very contrary young man blaisee

I look forward to Edwards receiving the Afl coaches award in 2016 - no excuses

I notice he even got 9/10 on the AFL website:

"Cyril Rioli – 9 The little magician emptied his full bag of tricks in a virtuoso display that rightfully claimed him the Norm Smith Medal. His 18 disposals, 12 marks, two goals and four goal assists were good, but told only half the story. Rioli found space at will to set up goals by hand and foot, ran 40m to mow down Hutchings and set up another goal, and thieved a McGovern handpass that resulted in yet another. Every touch was magic."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-03/player-ratings-grand-final-hawthorn

Everywhere you look he was highly rated except for a bitter few on Bigfooty..... love it!

Yeah but how many flags you blokes won?

13...5 in the AFL era.

Hawthorn has the following Norm Smith medalists...

C Robertson ('83)
G Ayres ('86, '88)
P Dear ('91)
L Hodge ('08, '14)
B Lake ('13)
C Rioli ('15)

Hawthorn have 8 Norm Smith medals (Ablett won '89 with his 9 goals) and 5 medallists.

C Rioli just came 2nd in the GOAT's best and fairest

As for Carlton?

More than Richmond & now more than Melbourne....Which means that no matter how you view it, spin it or like it:....We're BIG 4 in every single category that counts.

AFL coaches think Shane Edwards is an ordinary footballer.

13...5 in the AFL era.

Hawthorn has the following Norm Smith medalists...

C Robertson ('83)
G Ayres ('86, '88)
P Dear ('91)
L Hodge ('08, '14)
B Lake ('13)
C Rioli ('15)

Hawthorn have 8 Norm Smith medals (Ablett won '89 with his 9 goals) and 5 medallists.

C Rioli just came 2nd in the GOAT's best and fairest

As for Carlton?

Shane Edwards is the most underrated player in the league, a genuine inside outside midfielder that gets clearances and contested possessions and kicks goals and sets up goals.

I thought it would be interesting to compare him with the media's darling Cyril Rioli

Who would you prefer in your team and why
This is a joke yes??? That's not actually a serious question??? I had to take a second look at your post, it was June 1st, thought it might've been April 1st... You're obviously just having a lend, but ok, I'll bite...
Edwards is just a player, Rioli is an excitement machine, an inspirational footballer and punishes the opposition with devastating effect... Does that answer your question?

Shane Edwards is the most underrated player in the league, a genuine inside outside midfielder that gets clearances and contested possessions and kicks goals and sets up goals.

I thought it would be interesting to compare him with the media's darling Cyril Rioli

Who would you prefer in your team and why
Maybe try comparing Edwards with.... I don't know.... Maybe Dennis Armfield???? But Rioli???? Really???? I can't... I don't... It's just.... WOW!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee guys, thanks so much for your support on this thread.

If Shane hadn't broken his leg, the level of smugness on this thread may well have been a little different. But I am sure you are all aware of that anyway.

Nonetheless the premise of the OP stands and is as true now as it was then. Even though Shane missed 7 games last year and came back underdone, he is still rated higher than Cyril by the coaches of the AFL as per the AFL coaches association awards.

NO amount of Dermie highlight shows, or Spud Frawley and Luke Darcy media awards, or Bruce's delicious orgasms is gunna change that. It is just the way it is and you will have top accept it as a FACT.

No Shane isn't Cyril, as Cyril has been and still is, statistically the most over hyped, over rated, and over hyperboled player, probably in the history of the AFL.

I mean has there ever been a player in the history of the AFL who has been gifted more media awards for less possessions.

I doubt it. Maybe that's an idea for another thread.

Coaches votes hey?

Jordan Lewis has more coaches votes in his career then Brett Deledio.

''AFL coaches think Jordan Lewis is a better footballer then Brett Deledio''.

:drunk:

Gee guys, thanks so much for your support on this thread.

If Shane hadn't broken his leg, the level of smugness on this thread may well have been a little different. But I am sure you are all aware of that anyway.

Nonetheless the premise of the OP stands and is as true now as it was then. Even though Shane missed 7 games last year and came back underdone, he is still rated higher than Cyril by the coaches of the AFL as per the AFL coaches association awards.

NO amount of Dermie highlight shows, or Spud Frawley and Luke Darcy media awards, or Bruce's delicious orgasms is gunna change that. It is just the way it is and you will have top accept it as a FACT.

No Shane isn't Cyril, as Cyril has been and still is, statistically the most over hyped, over rated, and over hyperboled player, probably in the history of the AFL.

I mean has there ever been a player in the history of the AFL who has been gifted more media awards for less possessions.

I doubt it. Maybe that's an idea for another thread.
Oh my god! You are serious ! I thought you were joking this whole time, I'm so sorry, it's just such a ridiculous comparison I really thought you were having a lend...
Has 92 pages of people (even some Richmond supporters) explaining to you that Edwards isn't fit to carry Cyril's bags still not convinced you of how fantastically wrong you are?

Oh my god! You are serious ! I thought you were joking this whole time, I'm so sorry, it's just such a ridiculous comparison I really thought you were having a lend...
Has 92 pages of people (even some Richmond supporters) explaining to you that Edwards isn't fit to carry Cyril's bags still not convinced you of how fantastically wrong you are?

It's all just a bit of fun & blaisee lurves the attention....It gives Tigers posters a sense of relevance, significance & belonging, when Hawk posters engage them in dialogue.

It's a therapeutic thread which aids Tigers supporters in helping to build their self-esteem.:thumbsu:

AFL coaches think blaisee needs to move on to some new threads.;)

Eagerly awaiting next years masterful thread: AFL coaches think Trent Cotchin is a good leader.

13 that I have personally seen. How many has your pathetic rabble won that you have seen in your lifetime?

If it is so ridiculous, why are you here?

Could have been the player of the finals if the umpires paid him that obvious free kick.

Nah.

Cotchin's attempted tackle on Ziebell was clearly high only moments earlier.

Ergo: If the umpires did their job right then Edwards wouldn't have had the chance to lay the tackle in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL coaches think Shane Edwards is a better footballer than Cyril Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back