Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be okay with us offering F1 and 9 for Curtin

Even though hes not a huge need, but i think we have every right to think he can be an elite midfielder. A bigger Bont/Pendles that doesnt move aswell

He might be the future of midfielders. It use to be 194 Cripps/Bont

The next step is 197cm types. Reach is crucial at the contest

This is not true

Hes played 56 games in the last 3 years and due to norths position on the ladder he hasnt been rushed to play more, otherwise he likely wouldve for a contender as the main key defender
He has had injuries in the last two pre seasons . This year it put him well behind .

👆Great post!!
Pies/Giants keep selecting guys who can gut run and we keep picking KP players that will be good when they fill out in 3 years time (we are always 2 years away 🙄).

There’s talk that Melbs/GWS want Caleb Windsor when they already have good gut runners in their side.
So many good sides in the past 20 years have good runners (Cousins, Swan, Isaac Smith, half this years Pies team) but our recruiting team haven’t cottoned on to that yet 🤦🏻‍♀️
Historically we haven’t prioritised it at all, and have been left behind. Meanwhile we are mucking around with KPPs at the pointy end of the draft - or players who are not aerobically gifted but are more spurt/burst players.

The thing is, whilst you can target great runners in the backend of the draft, they are so important these days as these are the guys who have the ball in their hands the most. These are the guys bursting out in transition. so you want to use your top picks on them/ensure they’re high quality ie. Daicos, Kelly, Whitfield, Ash, mClug

FYI - Look at Durham and Martin as examples of what great running capacity can do for the club. We got them in the most obscure ways and they’ve immediately become two of our most important players immediately.

Most guys have injuries over PS though. If you dont get an injury through 4-6 months of PS then your considered rare, rather than the norm
Yeah most blokes miss 4 or 5 weeks of pre season after Christmas and miss the first few rounds :rolleyes:

12 and 15 for 9 and 31 would be awesome

Guarantee

Caddy
Windsor
Wilson
COS
Leake
Tholstrup

could get 2 but if not then basically guarantees a Harderman who we love or C.Edwards

His PS was seamless
2023 did not play until round 5. Is pre season not what you are doing before round 1 ?
2022 missed 6 games .
2021 played all year.
2020 missed the first 6 weeks.

Yeah he has not had any injury issues in the last few seasons. :rolleyes:

2023 did not play until round 5. Is pre season not what you are doing before round 1 ?
2022 missed 6 games .
2021 played all year.

Yeah he has not had any injury issues in the last few seasons. :rolleyes:
Never said hes had no injuries in the last 3 seasons, but no AFL player is in that category

Im well aware of when he did or didnt play thus the original statement of 56 games in the last 3 years

Never said hes had no injuries in the last 3 seasons, but no AFL player is in that category

Im well aware of when he did or didnt play thus the original statement of 56 games in the last 3 years
Well how the do you tell me I am wrong when he has actually missed 4 games. 6 games and 6 games in three of the last 4 seasons ? If he has had no injury issues then he does not miss as many. Two of the seasons he missed those games from round 1. Last year he played like crap because he got injured before round 1.
Please do tell me how you do not have some injury issues if you miss multiple weeks at a time in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
You said it was not true. It is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be okay with us offering F1 and 9 for Curtin

Even though hes not a huge need, but i think we have every right to think he can be an elite midfielder. A bigger Bont/Pendles that doesnt move aswell

He might be the future of midfielders. It use to be 194 Cripps/Bont

The next step is 197cm types. Reach is crucial at the contest
Butters and Daicos say hi

Kade De La Rue at 185cm now interest me even more with our 30s picks if we dont go midfield early with 9

Demattia a great size between 185 and 186 aswell
Him and McCaulfiee interest me greatly as picks in the 30's. Apparently we're liking Joel Freijah with a later pick to so another midfielder to like.

Asked @PM Bangers and he mentioned his more Toby Greene than Tom Green as a guy who can creat forward of centre but role up to the midfield

You can pick key defenders up from literally anywhere. The state leagues have multiple potential options, most clubs have depth options and stop gaps. You're wanting to take O'Sullivan because he is best available, I get that but what about the other holes in the list that need filling?
😂😂 mate our backline has been rubbish for that long it’s not funny and you’re saying you can pluck them from anywhere

Ant is 100% correct. Reid, Cox and Hayes are unknowns and in my opinion O’Sullivan comes in straight past them all. He is already at a decent playing weight!

If he’s there you take him

😂😂 mate our backline has been rubbish for that long it’s not funny and you’re saying you can pluck them from anywhere

Ant is 100% correct. Reid, Cox and Hayes are unknowns and in my opinion O’Sullivan comes in straight past them all. He is already at a decent playing weight!

If he’s there you take him

I bloke who's been on BigFooty 5 minutes says we must take him then we must take him. Im convinced

Do you go Caddy or O'Sullivan out of curiosity?
Caddy just as lead up marking CHF is a big need but if Caddy is there then I think O'Sullivan may not be .

Last edited:
I bloke who's been on BigFooty 5 minutes says we must take him then we must take him. Im convinced
Being on BF for longer than 5 minutes is no real badge of honor for making sensible posts. If you want the current best voice to listen to around here I would suggest ydc55. Sees more of the lads playing than anyone else here right now .

Only because you do not see the range of games anymore. You know I rate your stuff :cool:
I picked one of your lads in the Phantom draft :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back