AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could give me some feedback on my side that'd be great:

dreamteameg6.jpg

I’m liking some of the Adelaide Ruck choices for my starting 22 this year. They are good value and will have an improving price this year as Biglands is out and they will get more game time.

I haven’t seen anything of Jonathon Griffin ($161,300) yet, but was impressed with Brad Moran ($157,000) in the Collingwood match. Ill wait to see if Griffin makes an appearance and to see a nit more of Moran but does anyone have any incites into the prospects of Griffin and Moran as potential starters in my DT 22?

If anyone could give me some feedback on my side that'd be great:

dreamteameg6.jpg

Good to be back! My first look since my round 20 train crash last year :p
Hmmm, nlm had op didnt he last season? want to make sure he is 100% that injury is a killer. Same with sherman.
Hurn? i guess he might play midfield, but is not a big winner of the pill
Mattner?!? yuck low possession getter moving to one of the worst dt teams? no thanks.
Boak is overpriced for a second year player wait until next year.
lade is passed it, sometimes you can't be afraid to say that you love cox:D
fev is no good. he is a full forward they give you minimal return
monfries? wasn't he in most peoples teams last year as well:rolleyes:
good effort that was fun! next!

Hampson's price will be lower than what it is on Fanfooty. But, overall, the prices look okay. How much has the salary cap increased from last year?

Picked a decent side with 100k left in the bank. Won't post my team because of people (don't want to ues any names...blues4flag...oops), which cost me my premiership last year because most of the top teams in my league had the same players.

Hampson's price will be lower than what it is on Fanfooty. But, overall, the prices look okay. How much has the salary cap increased from last year?

Picked a decent side with 100k left in the bank. Won't post my team because of people (don't want to ues any names...blues4flag...oops), which cost me my premiership last year because most of the top teams in my league had the same players.

Spare me your tears.

:p

would you rather Coughlan/Dyson or Palmer,Muston and Bird rotating the last mid spot? This is a 110k decision here.

Palmer, Muston & Bird (Or McNamara) for mine. Long-term injuries and departures of key playmakers have opened high-scoring positions for Fremantle, West Coast & Sydney.

Coughlan got a fair bit of footy in the weekend's practice match, but heavily favoured 2-point disposals. Reckon he'll take some time.

My thoughts on Dyson are well documented, so I won't go on about him further here.:thumbsdown: :cool:

What about Brad J instead?

Sorry, I can't, and your right, the extra year is a worry. With Welsh up there I think he gets a roving commission in the front half which may mean a few less goals but more of the ball. I just like the work ethic, consistent scoring every week and durability. Not a lock but worth considering.

It seems everyone's written Brad off this year. Hardly heard a whisper about him on here. (Possibly a good sign??;))! He's been an absolute champion in my team (and many others) for ever, but he hasn't really been on my radar this year. He is a proven gun though and, as you said, sensational work ethic and extremely resilient. Many times, he's stormed from nowhere for big final quarters that have just got my team over the line in my league match. He rarely has quiet days.

Maybe having Welsh there is gonna help him?? How old is he now? How was his preseason? Definitely worth keeping in mind.

I'm having issues making some decisions for a few spots in my squad. I would very much appreciate some guidance:
Mattner or Kennelly? With Malceski taking Kennelly's role when he was injured, wouldnt it be logical that he would return to being the attacking HB rather than Mattner taking up the role?
Monfires or Hall or R.Murphy? Is Hall fit, wil Monfires play in the mid, does Murphy have form back (did you see that display in the goal square last w/e)?
Schammer or Sherman? Maybe neither....
Coughlan or Dyson or Butler? - I guess everyone has an opinion - reasonably answered
Hansen or Henderson?

Also - what are peoples thoughts on the bargains that wont be playing in Round 1 (eg Bradshaw and Butler)? Is it a good strategic decision to buy and bench them, buy them later, or give them a miss?

Thoughts on my team please. Possible changes etc.

Backs:
Cornes
Bowden
Gram
C.Brown (Hawks)
Scarlett
Bock
Nicoski

Lonergan
L. Hansen (roos)

Mids:
Carrazzo
Pendlebury
A. Selwood (eagles)
Griffen
Stevens (blues)
Coughlan

Cotchin
Muston

Rucks:
McIntosh
Simmonds

M. Gardiner (Saints)
Kreuzer

Forwards:
Deledio
Mooney
Hall (swans)
Davey (dons)
Porplyzia
Milne
Dew

Thompson (roos)
Westhoff

got $9,300 left.. only iffy ones i think are dew, milne, scarlett and bock.. anyones thoughts?

can some one let me know how you can figure out what a certain player needs to average for the first three rounds to go up or will they change it this year again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on my team please. Possible changes etc.

Backs:
Cornes
Bowden
Gram
C.Brown (Hawks)
Scarlett
Bock
Nicoski

Lonergan
L. Hansen (roos)

Mids:
Carrazzo
Pendlebury
A. Selwood (eagles)
Griffen
Stevens (blues)
Coughlan

Cotchin
Muston

Rucks:
McIntosh
Simmonds

M. Gardiner (Saints)
Kreuzer

Forwards:
Deledio
Mooney
Hall (swans)
Davey (dons)
Porplyzia
Milne
Dew

Thompson (roos)
Westhoff

got $9,300 left.. only iffy ones i think are dew, milne, scarlett and bock.. anyones thoughts?

Cotchin wont be playin til about round 8 mate
Milne- No thankyou never beeen a great scorer
Scarlettt never scored well
Bock is risky but i would risk it with him.
Wouldnt havenicoski either mate way too injury prone

can some one let me know how you can figure out what a certain player needs to average for the first three rounds to go up or will they change it this year again?

previous years average over the first 3 rounds is breakeven. but for those discounted it would be the average points that there price represents. eg. stevens, wont need 78 to breakeven, need approx 55.

I rekon they will be very average DT players, esp the frenchman.

Lecras will be a better SC player.

DT he will struggle.

Porplyzia may have a break out year, I would only take a risk with one or the other.

Not both.

I'm having issues making some decisions for a few spots in my squad. I would very much appreciate some guidance:
Mattner or Kennelly? With Malceski taking Kennelly's role when he was injured, wouldnt it be logical that he would return to being the attacking HB rather than Mattner taking up the role?
Monfires or Hall or R.Murphy? Is Hall fit, wil Monfires play in the mid, does Murphy have form back (did you see that display in the goal square last w/e)?
Schammer or Sherman? Maybe neither....
Coughlan or Dyson or Butler? - I guess everyone has an opinion - reasonably answered
Hansen or Henderson?

Also - what are peoples thoughts on the bargains that wont be playing in Round 1 (eg Bradshaw and Butler)? Is it a good strategic decision to buy and bench them, buy them later, or give them a miss?

Mattner or Kennelly?
Monfires or Hall or R.Murphy?
Schammer or Sherman?
Coughlan or Dyson or Butler?
Hansen or Henderson?

Mattner but a lot for me ... only reason he averaged what he did when he played with the crows was because he was hinded by players like mcleod, johncock etc. he won't have that at sydney and he'll be there go to man, kenelly has never averaged above 60 and probably never will.

id say ryan murphy at the moment. Hall is playing on the weekend so watch him there, i just dont rate monfries as a Dter.

Personally i wouldnt go schammer or sherman, if you need to go schammer, sherman had one fluke season. id be looking at McNamara before schammer as well, this years priddis im pridicting.

Henderson for me. he's a class act and with bradshaw and brown there he'll always get at most the 3rd defender. i reckon he'll average 65-70 which will bring his price tag up and a great trade come round 6 or 7.

Bargins not playing in round 1 is all risk vs reward. Personally i dont have the balls to do it. id go henderson before bradshaw and wouldnt go near coughlan ... as rodney eade said in an interview it takes a year to get back to your best football, thats why i think murphy is a perfect pick this season especially with welsh in there.

Hansen or Henderson?

Murphy has had a very good pre-season, looks to have his agility back which is crucial for him.

Would think Hansen is more likely to play a more prominent role this year. With Brown, Clark and Bradshaw to come back into the Lions team I would think Henderson might spend the season developing his game at a lower level.

Mattner but a lot for me ... only reason he averaged what he did when he played with the crows was because he was hinded by players like mcleod, johncock etc. he won't have that at sydney and he'll be there go to man, kenelly has never averaged above 60 and probably never will.

id say ryan murphy at the moment. Hall is playing on the weekend so watch him there, i just dont rate monfries as a Dter.

Personally i wouldnt go schammer or sherman, if you need to go schammer, sherman had one fluke season. id be looking at McNamara before schammer as well, this years priddis im pridicting.

Henderson for me. he's a class act and with bradshaw and brown there he'll always get at most the 3rd defender. i reckon he'll average 65-70 which will bring his price tag up and a great trade come round 6 or 7.

Bargins not playing in round 1 is all risk vs reward. Personally i dont have the balls to do it. id go henderson before bradshaw and wouldnt go near coughlan ... as rodney eade said in an interview it takes a year to get back to your best football, thats why i think murphy is a perfect pick this season especially with welsh in there.

I don't think it's possible to have a fluke "season". Maybe a fluke game but definitely not a season. The kid obviously has some immense talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back