AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy has had a very good pre-season, looks to have his agility back which is crucial for him.

Would think Hansen is more likely to play a more prominent role this year. With Brown, Clark and Bradshaw to come back into the Lions team I would think Henderson might spend the season developing his game at a lower level.

Clark is injured

previous years average over the first 3 rounds is breakeven. but for those discounted it would be the average points that there price represents. eg. stevens, wont need 78 to breakeven, need approx 55.

So say Player X is about 280 000 he should need an average of about 65 for the first three rounds to hold his value ?

Can anyone give me some ideas on Mundy vs Staker... heard staker would be used more in the midfield this year which means hel definately improve his price and prob average about 75. Dont know too much about Mundy except he looked good in the Freo vs West Coast game

Stokes by a country mile. Should improve out of sight.

Cloke will average the same as last year.

Cheers, but heres food for thought...

Cloke is more likely to have the 120pt games, and hoping with another year in the system his consistency and kicking may improve?

Now with Prismall pushing for selection through the midfield again will Stokes get opportunity for high scores?

Cheers, but heres food for thought...

Cloke is more likely to have the 120pt games, and hoping with another year in the system his consistency and kicking may improve?

Now with Prismall pushing for selection through the midfield again will Stokes get opportunity for high scores?

Sorry but you hope in vain. He's a Cloke. None of the Clokes are good kicks. Never have been. Never will be. I do agree with you that his average will improve this year though but his kicking accuracy will have nothing to do with it.

Can anyone give me some ideas on Mundy vs Staker... heard staker would be used more in the midfield this year which means hel definately improve his price and prob average about 75. Dont know too much about Mundy except he looked good in the Freo vs West Coast game

I had Mundy all last year and he was very frustrating. Up and down like a yo yo. Mainly played down back last year though and it seems as though he may play further up the ground this year like last weekend. I was very impressed too. He may talk me into it again this season...

^^ 2 knee injuries will do that to you.

If he can stay healthy all year expect him to score well. I just worry about his knees now that he has had a season ending injury in each of the last 2 years...

Hes only had one season ending injury which was a reco in '06 and spent last year regaining his touch. Coaches always say it takes players two years to recover properly from knee injuries just look at someone like tarkyn lockyer who struggled for a while after coming back but then ocne he regained confidence and form last year he was unstoppable

Jarryd Roughead and Tim Boyle.

Thoughts on those two.

I currently have both on my team, under 250k, will defintly play 22 games barring Injury/Suspension.

Roughead could play as a second tall up forward or what I'm hoping that Clarkson gives him the Chad Cornes role which i Think he has the attributes to do.

Boyle would be the tall 3rd up forward which frees him up a bit and could average around 60-70 which is very good for his price which is around 230k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ 2 knee injuries will do that to you.

If he can stay healthy all year expect him to score well. I just worry about his knees now that he has had a season ending injury in each of the last 2 years...

Hes only had one season ending injury which was a reco in '06 and spent last year regaining his touch. Coaches always say it takes players two years to recover properly from knee injuries just look at someone like tarkyn lockyer who struggled for a while after coming back but then ocne he regained confidence and form last year he was unstoppable

Is there anything to suggest that Murphy will regain his pre-knee reco form or even score better than before (as some are suggesting)?

What are peoples thoughts on Colin Syliva? I know most people will think it's a ridiculous idea but he is bound to have a good season soon enough?

Jarryd Roughead and Tim Boyle.

Thoughts on those two.

I currently have both on my team, under 250k, will defintly play 22 games barring Injury/Suspension.

Roughead could play as a second tall up forward or what I'm hoping that Clarkson gives him the Chad Cornes role which i Think he has the attributes to do.

Boyle would be the tall 3rd up forward which frees him up a bit and could average around 60-70 which is very good for his price which is around 230k.

Difficult ones,

There is talk Roughead could play back this year which IMO will mean low scores as I dont think he has the attributes to be an especcially attacking defender.

If he plays forward then he is a good get as he really started to show what he was made of towards the backhalf of the year and could well be in line to get around 80-90 points per game.

Boyle is the really tricky one. At his best he would be a shoe in for a side as he is so cheap, a good mark and does score goals. The problems come if Roughead plays forward this year as Boyle will almost certainly get squeezed out of the team at times to make way for Thorp and Dowler to get some experience.

Personally I would go with Roughead and switch Boyle with someone like Hawkins. Roughead should go up in value during the early rounds and if it looks as if he is going to be put back in a lot of games then maybe an investment in Boyle/Thorp would be a good move.

Sorry if its a bit long-winded :eek:

Sorry but you hope in vain. He's a Cloke. None of the Clokes are good kicks. Never have been. Never will be. I do agree with you that his average will improve this year though but his kicking accuracy will have nothing to do with it.

Ture, your so wise! :thumbsu:

that's not me... there is some good advice on there!! have u had a look around?? we are going through each team at the moment.. giving some great advice (or so i would have thought)... about different players.. their 2007 average.. and their official 2008 price!! also, during the season there will be HEAPS happening.. so stick with it!!

what else would you like to see?? (and that is a serious question, not taking the piss)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back